Closed Thread
Page 87 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well my DH is having a lot of trouble at the moment dealing with our infertility, what do you say to your DH or DP to help them through this difficult journey? Feeling so sad right now, wish none of us had to go through this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortunately, my E2 has jumped from 138 to 830 in 3 days, and then to 1600 next day! I still can't believe it because in the beginning it went down from 139 to 138 in 9 days. Anyway, I was instructed to inject hCG tomorrow! Does hCG hurt? I didn't have any problem with FSH, but I've heard that hCG is more painful... I will be injecting Ovidrel.

Tropical Bub, minipolly2b, thank you so much for responding to my question! I googled around, and it seems that hMG is obsolete and no longer used much in Australia. Anyhow, I now know that FSH works for me, so I won't worry anymore! (LH stayed the same though...)

faithhope, I know how you feel. Last time when I tried OI, I experienced the same. Frustrating, isn't it. How is your E2 level? Even if the follicles are small, maybe hormone level can tell you something?

minipolly2b, I would try to be really really nice to him, and let him do whatever he wants to do this weekend! (ex. special hobby, eating out in fancy restaurant, etc.) When I had trouble dealing with my stress, my DH had let me do what I love even though it costed a bit (I took some expensive cooking classes which I had given up before due to the cost). They filled my schedule and were such *good* distractions. Does he have anything he enjoys doing in his free time? (Sorry it won't fundamentally resolve the issue, but might help a bit...)
    Happy Friday all!
    Last edited by Chats; 13-07-2012 at 16:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chats thanks for the advice that sounds like a good plan. Yay for your E2 levels!! I found Ovidrel ok if I just numb the area with an ice pack before. Is yours a syringe or the pen style injection? I have had both and prefer the pen as it didn't hurt at all, the syringe did sting a little. The hcg mimics LH in your body so u dont need to worry about your LH levels. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you who have had trigger shots, what were the sizes of your follicles?

I went for my bloods and scan at 7.30am. At 10.30am, I had a call from the clinic saying I need to come in for formal ultrasounds as the blood results didn't match what they'd seen in the scans. I'm pretty sure she said to me during the ultrasound that my biggest follie was 16mm (maybe 16.5?) but when the Dr saw all my notes, he instructed for me to trigger today. I was given the trigger by the nurse while I was there and we're going in tomorrow morning for IUI. I'm a little worried that I've been triggered too early but on the other hand, I know that they make sure they're doing things properly so I also feel I should just trust what they're doing. I don't know.. It was a very crazy day and I just didn't stop to ask them questions. I'll mention my concerns tomorrow while we're there and see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My blood and scan didn't match either! I had my trigger shot with a follie at 17mm. Sounds like a similar situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    For those of you who have had trigger shots, what were the sizes of your follicles?

I went for my bloods and scan at 7.30am. At 10.30am, I had a call from the clinic saying I need to come in for formal ultrasounds as the blood results didn't match what they'd seen in the scans. I'm pretty sure she said to me during the ultrasound that my biggest follie was 16mm (maybe 16.5?) but when the Dr saw all my notes, he instructed for me to trigger today. I was given the trigger by the nurse while I was there and we're going in tomorrow morning for IUI. I'm a little worried that I've been triggered too early but on the other hand, I know that they make sure they're doing things properly so I also feel I should just trust what they're doing. I don't know.. It was a very crazy day and I just didn't stop to ask them questions. I'll mention my concerns tomorrow while we're there and see what they say.
    If u started an LH surge they would have triggered u ASAP because you would have been starting to ovulate on your own... I did that a few times, once with a 15mm... 16mm should be fine I am sure they would not have triggered unless u were moving on your own and will have to do IUI in the morning to make sure they catch it! Sounds ok to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm officially now done with injections for ovulation induction. Now on to ivf!! Thanks ladies for your support and kind words. I'm so glad I started this thread and I will be in and out to see how u gals are going!!

But for now a bit of a break! And wine, lots of wine!!

Mam xoxoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Well I'm officially now done with injections for ovulation induction. Now on to ivf!! Thanks ladies for your support and kind words. I'm so glad I started this thread and I will be in and out to see how u gals are going!!

But for now a bit of a break! And wine, lots of wine!!

Mam xoxoxoxoxo
    Oh Mam I'm so sad to see you go, all the best with your ivf journey and please drop back in and let us know how you go, we will be thinking of you xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca I think anything from 15-16mm and upwards is ok to trigger, mine have varied but usually I have 2 and one of them is around that big and the other is around 18-20mm, just depends on the cycle. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm really sorry to hear that mam. Best of luck with the next stage of your journey