Closed Thread
Page 84 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all.
    I'm new here and just came upon this thread. Am sure this thread will be supportive for me.
    Initially had 4 cycles with Clomid with no ovulation happening.
    I am on my 3rd cycle of OI with fsh injection Puregon. Went for scan today and hardly any follicles . Dose increased to 150. Hopefully something happens in the next few days.
    Sometimes I get tired with going up and down to hospital for scans and blood tests...but nonetheless keep reminding myself to be positive...gets hard at times.

Have a good day ladies.
    All the best to all here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome faithhope!

I am only on cycle 1 of OI but it tool almost 3 weeks to get any response from drugs... All up I had 9 scans and 7 blood tests, so I definitely know how frustrating it can be. All the gals on this thread are really great and incredibly supportive so wishing you all the very best and let us know how things go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to all the newbies!! Hoping you all have success very soon ... Can't believe we are still waiting for a BFP in this group!!

I'm confused, according to the scans I had at the FS, he said I ovulated on my own on sat 23rd June which means AF was due on Sunday 8th July, but I have absolutely no sign of it coming?!!!? I did test on Sunday morning & BFN. I don't know now if I did O or not, but I trust the FS. I've never had a luteal phase longer than 12 days so it just doesn't make any sense to me!! Aarrggghh I hate this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mam when are you due to test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all & faithhope,

I'm also new here (found this forum just now!). Excited to meet people who are going through similar experiences. I have no friends who I can talk about these things in person, and have began feeling depressed lately, so this thread would be a huge support for me!

I haven't had my period for a while and done 3 cycles with Clomid and also tried HMG injections, but all in vain. I'm seeing a new doctor now, and have done FSH injections (Gonal-F) at 75 dosage every day for a week, but my E2 level didn't go up at all I began wondering if I could ever get ovulated again in the future....

By the way, does anybody know if there is any TTC support group in Sydney area, where people can actually meet up and talk each other? (not "counseling", but some kind of group/circle)

Thank you!
    Last edited by Chats; 10-07-2012 at 15:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG.. I just spent so long replying to all the posts since I was last here and one of the cats walked across the kayboard and closed it down! ARGH!

Let's try again..

Tropical, It would be hard having to make everyone re-arrange their roster but I'm sure most people wouuldn't mind. Even if some do, too bad for them - it's not like you don't have a good reason for it!

Greenfairy, I can imagine how much it's wearing you down. I'm up to scan & bloods #3 in 6 days and if things keep plodding as slowly as they have been, I can see myself being in your position. I guess all we can do is go with it and hope for the best.
    I've just calmed down enough to not be crying for ages before the injections. I've thought about doing all the things you said before but I'm really not ready for that just yet. I still have a fair way to go before I'm completely calm but I am getting better. Even reading your suggestions and picturing doing those things made me quite anxious.

LittleDove, thanks for the suggestion but it's not the feeling that gets to me, it's all a big mental hurdle as I have a huge phobia of needles. It's the sight of them. It's odd cos I used to give injections to animals all the time and take blood etc but I cannot handle seeing people get injections and can't even watch immunisaions etc on tv - I totally flip out. It sounds crazy but most phobias are, and most people with the phobia know that it's silly/crazy they just can't get past it

Welcome Faithhope and Chats.

Faithhope, I hope something starts happening for you soon.

Minipolly, have you spoken to your FS about where things are at with you? Hoping it's good news for you.

Chats, I'm not sure if there are any support groups but I think there are a coupld of us here from Sydney. Where abouts in Sydney are you?

AFM - I've had two days of the upped injection dose (now on 75 from 50) and have more scans and bloods tomorrow. I'm really hoping that something significant is starting to happen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

Chats  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo! Had my scan yesterday and had a 19 mm follicle ready to go. Had my trigger shot and dtd last night - will do so again tonight and in the morning and then fingers crossed this is my month
    My week's all better now haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Becca85,
    Thank you for your comment! I live in north of Sydney. I wish I had friends in person who could share experiences but it seems people around me fall in pregnant so easily. I do have 6 pregnant friends close by...

Hi greenfairy,
    19mm follicle! Exciting! Mines have only grown up to 11mm (don't know about this cycle though).

Is there anybody here whose FS *never* does scan at all? My current FS told me he would only give me blood tests, so I won't be able to tell my follicle size...
    Last edited by Chats; 11-07-2012 at 08:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi greenfairy - How exciting! All the best

Hi Chats - I thought that scans will have to be necessary to determine follicle size. If not, how does your FS determine follicle growth?
    Perhaps FS relies on the blood test to confirm ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you faithhope, I've heard before that you could roughly tell the follicle size by E2 level (how many follicles and how big they are), but I believe scan should be better indicator...

By the way, I have another question to you all in this thread! At a maximum, how many FSH injections have you done in one cycle? (or how many in average?)

I have done 9 injections so far in this cycle and haven't see any growth, but began suffering from headache (side effect?). I was just wondering if I might need to continue these injection for several more weeks, or even another month...? If follicles don't grow big enough, what will I do then? Will I take pills to start all over again? Please let me know if there is anybody who experienced it before.

Thanks