Closed Thread
Page 83 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My gosh you and munchkin are just like I was! No known ovulation unless on medication. I would go like a year without any sort of bleeding, until my doctor made me take provera to shed the lining. Fun fun...
    Mam, I've gone anywhere up to 18 months before realizing I hadn't had a period. I've never had 3 periods a month apart ever since puberty. The only time I seemed to get a period was when I booked to see a doctor about it ... then I'd get a bleed. Talking to a FS recently he thinks I'd been having 'break-through' bleeding and it's been psychological. I've never taken provera or done any other work up for my PCOS. My first attempt at OI, my bloodwork was at the right levels to begin treatment without a provera start, this cycle has been started from a period. We weren't ready to do a cycle this soon but we now that attempting off a period is better for me and we had the make the most of AF when she decides to visit.

I always thought I'd just never get the chance to be a mum until I met my DH 3 years ago (my twenties were spent with a man that didn't want to be a father). So not only do I have the physical tasks of trying to get my body to ovulate, I've also had to change my mental opinion of potentially becoming a mother (I have no maternal tendancies at all).

Can I ask if you other ladies also have higher weight/BMI than the FS want you to be. I have lost 8kg since the beginning of the year and have 5-6kg to go to get to a BMI of 30. My FS wanted me to move 10% of weight while doing OI (which I've achieved) and my own plan is to be BMI 30 before starting IVF (if we need to get there).

Hope you all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I've been lurking this thread and thought I should introduce myself. I'm 27 and DH is 28. I have endometriosis and mild PCOS. We have been ttc since Nov 2008, so about 3.5 years.

At first we weren't really 'actively' trying because we were so young but eventually we got more serious. I Was referred to a gyn and she suspected endo. Had a lap end of June 2010 and she removed scarring by laser. Also had ovarian drilling done. Tried a few natural cycles, nothing happened. After that tried clomid then clomid/metformin cycles. DH sperm was good but just couldn't fall preg. This was now June 2011. She suggested we see a fs but we wanted a 2nd opinion as I'd been trying to tell her my endo was back but she kept saying it couldn't be.

Finally we switched to an obsgyn who is also a fs and it was best decision ever. He identified endo in Oct 2011 and we had advanced lap in Dec 2011. We tried a few natural cycles but DH (after being very resistant of IUI or assisted conception) one day had enough and said lets try it.

So I'm on my first IUI cycle. We opted for clomid as I do ovulate with that. Then had trigger hcg shot and IUI done just over a wk ago. I was so scared of the injection but found it tolerable, mind you it was only one injection and the clinic did it for me.

So that's me. I'm 10dpoiui today and 9dpo. DH keen to wait another week but not sure I can hold out that long! Just a question, when should I expect to get AF after I ovulate? Cycles are usually pretty good 28-29 days but not sure how it works with trigger shots.

LL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleleo85 View Post
    Hi all,

I've been lurking this thread and thought I should introduce myself. I'm 27 and DH is 28. I have endometriosis and mild PCOS. We have been ttc since Nov 2008, so about 3.5 years.

At first we weren't really 'actively' trying because we were so young but eventually we got more serious. I Was referred to a gyn and she suspected endo. Had a lap end of June 2010 and she removed scarring by laser. Also had ovarian drilling done. Tried a few natural cycles, nothing happened. After that tried clomid then clomid/metformin cycles. DH sperm was good but just couldn't fall preg. This was now June 2011. She suggested we see a fs but we wanted a 2nd opinion as I'd been trying to tell her my endo was back but she kept saying it couldn't be.

Finally we switched to an obsgyn who is also a fs and it was best decision ever. He identified endo in Oct 2011 and we had advanced lap in Dec 2011. We tried a few natural cycles but DH (after being very resistant of IUI or assisted conception) one day had enough and said lets try it.

So I'm on my first IUI cycle. We opted for clomid as I do ovulate with that. Then had trigger hcg shot and IUI done just over a wk ago. I was so scared of the injection but found it tolerable, mind you it was only one injection and the clinic did it for me.

So that's me. I'm 10dpoiui today and 9dpo. DH keen to wait another week but not sure I can hold out that long! Just a question, when should I expect to get AF after I ovulate? Cycles are usually pretty good 28-29 days but not sure how it works with trigger shots.

LL
    Welcome Littleleo!!!

Wow we are getting quite a community in here now!!

You should expect AF 2 weeks after ovulation. If u haven't had booster hcg shots u can usually test around day 10, but if u have had booster hcg it stays in your system for up to 7 days or longer for some women... If u only had a trigger u can probably test at day 10 post op... But I always try and wait till AF is due or it drives me mad "is it a false positive????" haha!!

Most of us here are on the daily FSH injections, which was the next step after clomid for me... Clomid did nothing but give me hot flushes, make me feel horrible, and make me incredibly frustrated at not ovulating!! Haha!! Great news if u are ovulating on that! Did u have a scan to see your follicles?? I guess they gave u the trigger to make sure u ovulated... Did u have any other progesterone support??

Very exciting! I hope u get a quick BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info! Im due for AF on Thursday so will prob wait and test friday if it doesnt show.

I got a 20mm follicle on clomid but my FS has said we will move to injectables if a few cycles aren't unsuccessful. I only had 1 hcg trigger done to induce ovulation so it should be truly out of my system by now. No progesterone treatment yet but will check my lining next month if this doesn't work.

I'm finding my anxiety is mega high towards the end of the month. I don't know if that's a side effect of the drugs? I'm normally a worrier but I feel like I'm going stir crazy atm! The only thing that helps is sleep!!!

Dreading the thought of more drugs and even more side effects!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Munchkin!! When are you testing??? So exciting!! Good luck and thinking of you all!!
    I should be testing around aug 13th at this stage. This should be an interesting last cycle before our break. I havent been able to get my.clomid so we will see if i o on my own or not. I am now CD5 and af doesnt look like she isnt going anywhere. I also have a very randy and frustrated DH on my hands. So of i do o and dont get utd this cycle there is something seriously wrong with me lol

Babydust!!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleleo85 View Post
    Thanks for the info! Im due for AF on Thursday so will prob wait and test friday if it doesnt show.

I got a 20mm follicle on clomid but my FS has said we will move to injectables if a few cycles aren't unsuccessful. I only had 1 hcg trigger done to induce ovulation so it should be truly out of my system by now. No progesterone treatment yet but will check my lining next month if this doesn't work.

I'm finding my anxiety is mega high towards the end of the month. I don't know if that's a side effect of the drugs? I'm normally a worrier but I feel like I'm going stir crazy atm! The only thing that helps is sleep!!!

Dreading the thought of more drugs and even more side effects!!
    That's a great follie!!!

If u are ovulating on clomid alone that is so great!! Injectables are a bit easier to titrate the dose on but more time consuming!

No I think it's an end of the 2WW thing, mega stir crazy!! I find the worst time is the last few days of the 2ww... Maybe I'm pregnant, maybe AF is coming..... I go absolutely bonkers!!! Once I made it to a blood test... Terrible!!! That 4 hour wait to call me back was the absolute worst wait I have ever had!! And it was negative anyway!!! This is such a horrible journey sometimes!!!
    I think it's more a psychological side effect than anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone.

I've discovered that I'm finding it hard to keep up as I don't have the time to come on here all too often. From what I can see some of you are in your TWW - I wish you all goodluck for BFP's.

Someone suggested that I learn to do the injections just incase hubby isn't around. I'm only just now learning to deal with the injections every night and I'm really not ready to be able to do it myself, I can't even watch him setting it all up cos I absolutely freak out at the sight of the needle. I know that in an ideal world I would know how to do it all but we're just doing what we can in this situation.

I had my first scans on Friday (day 9). Follicles were still all really small and they actually had trouble finding them at first. They kept me on the same dose and I went again today for more scans and bloods. Things are going pretty slowly. Biggest follicle is 11.5 and then there's one that's 9 and one on the other side that's 7. After looking at my bloods, the dr decided to up my dose to 75 and I'll be going in again on Wednesday morning for more scans.

Tropical - how long have you been a vet nurse for? I'm a qualified vet nurse and worked in that field for 3 years. I've been in an office for the past 3 years though. I actually decided to go back into vet nursing and started looking for jobs but when we found out we had to do the FSH injections and IUI, I put a hold on the job search so I didn't have to work all my appointments around a new job. Atleast now if people start asking questions, I can tell them what's going on but if I had a new job, I don't think it would go down so well that I'm trying for a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca, you'll get used to the injections ... it gets easier & easier. Fingers crossed the upped dose brings on those follies for you.

I've been a vet nurse for about 12years (only career I know), 6 years in a sml clinic on northside of Brissie then 6 years in Cairns. It's hard juggling all this baby trying around work and I hate that everyone needs to know what I'm doing. Because vet nursing is such a high risk job too (with lifting, xrays & anaesthetics and stress). I've had to roster myself on light duties for my 2WW, disrupting other staff. Work is supportive though, I'm lucky

Good luck gals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Becca. I've just done 21 injections and will be having my 9th appointment and scan this afternoon. It is starting to wear me down but I'm just hoping slow and steady wins the race. I'm reading along but haven't been posting cause I don't want to share my doom and gloom.

With regards to the injections you've just gotta do what works for you guys. Initially I thought DP would be doing mine too but when it came down to it he said he couldn't so I didn't have much choice. I still can't watch someone else do any needles for me but have no dramas doing my own. The pen is super easy even to set up it all just screws together so it's not scary at all to look at.

Can you try just looking at it a bit each day when you're not having the injection? Or screw the needle on for you DP then look away when he gives it to you? Just try and build up to it but try not to over think it, just screw the tip on, dial the dose and do it. I find I don't even have to apply pressure, just touch it on my skin and it just goes in.

Anyway all the best with it all. I'm not sure how I'll be this afternoon if I go to my appointment and my follicle still isn't growing? Not much I can do though. Have a great day ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you tried using an ice pack to numb your skins a bit first Becca? Might help