Closed Thread
Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stc76 View Post
    Hi ladies, I've been stalking for a while, but thought it was time to come and say Hello...

DH & I have been TTC#1 for about 2 years now. Many unsuccessful Clomid cycles (I did ovulate, just never got UTD..) so now we are venturing down the IUI path. I am in Darwin so am very restricted with FS as there is only 1 to choose from... I'm currently CD22 and have an appointment with the nurses tomorrow morning to run through the "jabbing" process. I too have a phobia of needles so am very nervous, but keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.

I have small hopes that we might've just fallen PG on our own this month, but time will tell. I'm not going to POAS until Monday week if AF stays away that long. It would be awesome if we fell PG and didn't need the injections..

Here's hoping for lots of BFP's
    I was in the same boat as you last week, I was hoping more than ever that I would not get AF as I have a horrible phobia of needles and I wasn't sure how I'd go having to do the injections. AF came on Thursday and I had been an emotional wreck since then. The drive to the hospital yesterday morning was an absolute nightmare, I was a mess and was ready to pull the pin on this whole thing. We got through it though. We chatted to a nurse as I was really upset when we got there and she agreed to let me sit outside in the hall while she showed hubby how to do the injections. He pracitices on the cushion thing they have there and then I came in, laid on a bed and closed my eyes while hubby did the injection. I barely felt it. Could have been the numbing cream I used but I'm going to do it without the cream tonight and see how that goes. I'm so glad that we've found a way of doing it that I can actually cope with a lot better and I'm so so grateful that hubby is okay with doing them as well because it would make the situation so much more stressful if he wasn't so amazing and relaxed about it.

How is everyone else doing? I hope things are going well for all you lovely ladies.

Do any of you get side effects from the injections? The nurses have mentioned sometimes extreme tiredness and headaches so I'm hoping I'm not affected by it too badly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

stc76  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey gals,
    Lovely to read everyone's progress.

Becca ... you're lucky DH will do injections for you. Mine is very supportive in that he will keep the dogs distracted while I do mine lol. I found the quicker I did the injections the less it stung .... if I dithered I felt it. Otherwise I've no side-effects from the injections.

I'm having a hard time with this TWW. I'm an emotional wreck. I can't sleep properly (I've seen the 2am-4am every night since the trigger inj). I'm having nightmares, getting the burps & hiccups constantly and today I've been sent home from work cause I'm a blubbering mess. I don't handle stress well. Give me the injections and lead up to this phase any day!!

I'm also taking aspirin daily (I've got ANA's and rhesus negative) and keep forgetting I'm on it so I'm getting bruises from the slightest thing (my work is also high risk of cuts/scratches/animal bites). I've got a whopper on my knee where my dog ran into me.

I've got my first hCG injection tomorrow night (not looking forward to that). And I'm about to ring the clinic to see if they have someone I can talk to you with how stressed I've been. I know this is only my first cycle and I have a feeling I won't be one of the lucky ones who only needs one cycle, so I'm hoping next time round I'll be less stressed out by it all.

What sucks most is that my workplace is quite a gossipy so most people know what I'm doing even though I haven't told them as such. I had to let a few close work-people know as I've had to re-arrange the roster entirely and affected quite a few people to try to remove me from risky circumstances.

How does everyone else handle this TWW business???
    And thank you for listening to me vent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stc76 View Post
    Hi ladies, I've been stalking for a while, but thought it was time to come and say Hello...

DH & I have been TTC#1 for about 2 years now. Many unsuccessful Clomid cycles (I did ovulate, just never got UTD..) so now we are venturing down the IUI path. I am in Darwin so am very restricted with FS as there is only 1 to choose from... I'm currently CD22 and have an appointment with the nurses tomorrow morning to run through the "jabbing" process. I too have a phobia of needles so am very nervous, but keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.

I have small hopes that we might've just fallen PG on our own this month, but time will tell. I'm not going to POAS until Monday week if AF stays away that long. It would be awesome if we fell PG and didn't need the injections..

Here's hoping for lots of BFP's
    Hi stc!!! Welcome!! How exciting! I hope that you don't need the injections, but if you do, this is a great place to have your questions answered!!

Munchkin- how are you going love?? Hope things are getting easier for you!!

Littledove- how are you going??

Minipolly - It would be SO awesome if you fell naturally!!!!

Greenfairy- how is your jabbing going??

Tropical - I knows hate the 2WW!!! Mine is going ok so far but I'm only 3 days post ovulation!! Haha!! Had a booster tonight, another one on Thursday! Totally over jabbing myself but I know this is only the beginning!! Everyone knows at my work too, but they are all pretty good about it. Especially my boss luckily!!

I'm trying to relax about it, it's actually a lot less pressure than I was expecting - being the last cycle and all! Totally excited to be moving on, but I will miss you lovely ladies!!

Sorry if I missed anyone! Take care!! Xoxo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

stc76  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls how is everyone going?
    Welcome STC. We are getting quite a crowd in this thread now nice to have company but it's a shame so many of us are going through this

Quick update from me cause I'm feeling annoyed and don't want to be depressing!! I'm still jabbing - 14 injections and no dominant follicles, all under 10mm. I'm still on 87.5 til fri, scan again then prob up to 100. Fs is away for next week so I have to see another fs on tues and hopefully I'll be ready to trigger - not getting my hopes up though. Fingers crossed slow and steady wins the race!! I'm not bothered about the injections more just annoying with so many appointments.

Anyway I'm following along and really thinking of you all and waiting to hear of the BFPs that have to start coming soon! Someone's gotta get one
    Have a great week ladies... Go the maroons xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies i havent been able to read all the updates on my phone so am unable to do any personals sorry

AFM i had a call from my clinic today i have an appointment in the morning for a follow up of bloods and they want to do a scan too, dont know what that is about. But then tonight (tmi alert) i had a massive blood clot when i peed. Hopefully i know more tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca well done on your first jab! Just make sure if it's your DH that will do it for you, that you still learn how to do it in case he isn't there on one day. I don't generally get any side effects from the injections, I just start to feel my ovaries expand when they're about ready, which is actually a really nice feeling. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tropical bub sorry you're having a hard time, the TWW is awful I hate it!! I tend to just keep myself as busy as possible during the day and stay active so I'm tired when I go to bed and I get a decent sleep, helps a lot. Hope it gets better for you soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Green fairy I'm sure you can keep increasing your dose & you will get a response, hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post

AFM i had a call from my clinic today i have an appointment in the morning for a follow up of bloods and they want to do a scan too, dont know what that is about. But then tonight (tmi alert) i had a massive blood clot when i peed. Hopefully i know more tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Munchkin I'm sure they just want to see where your cycle is up to, you are waiting on AF aren't you? This might be the start of it, fingers crossed you can start jabbing soon, let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies
    Sorry I have been MIA for a while! To be honest I was a little embarrassed about the alprazolam thing but I'm ok again now. Had my last scan and trigger on Monday night. Got 3 follies but FS thinks they won't all go. Just to lower the risk of multiples we decided to just to timed BDing this month instead of IUI although I'm in two minds about if that was a silly decision and if we should have just done theIUI anyway. So i should be O today which is mega exciting as this is the first time I will O since starting ttc a year ago! Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Welcome new ladies to the thread! Baby dust to all