Closed Thread
Page 80 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Becca! You can do it sweetie, just keep your eye on the prize - it will all be so worth it when you get your bub.

Be brave, there are lots of ladies out there in the same boat, it won't be easy and I know the whole situation just sucks but there's not much we can do about if we want our baby dreams come true.

We're all here to support you through, let us know how you go xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry everyone is going through such a hard time!! Made me very sad to read everyone's posts

Munchkin, clomid didn't work for me at all either! I went 5 years without ovulating once so I can empathize with what you are going through. It's such a hard thing to go through, but remember that clomid is only one option.... Sure some people get lucky on it, but a LOT of women have to move on because it's just not right for them! After trying clomid I was devastated it didn't work, and then went onto injections and ovulated straight away!! Try not to despair!!
    I can't advise you on if you should take a break or not... Its all well and good to say take a break, but when you are in the situation where nothing is happening sometimes you just want to keep going and move forward, sometimes taking a break feels horrible! However it can also be the best thing! Sometimes it just makes you remember for a little while that life is not just about making babies... You have a partner who is supportive and sometimes a break with a bit of fun together can be just what you both need to remind yourselves how you feel about each other and refresh yourselves to jump on the rollercoaster again!!

Tantom- I can't even imagine how you are feeling! Is there nothing else they can do?? Try and fix your tubes?? A lap??

Becca, a lot of people have been through what you are going through! The only thing I can say is that it will get easier! Try numbing the injection site with some ice first so you barely feel it. Have you thought to see anyone about it? Most FS clinics offer counseling?? none of us like having to do it, we all have our own mechanisms to cope with it. It shouldnt be this hard for us, but it is Try to focus on the big picture, you will say "what injections?" when you are holding your baby in your arms!!
    Hopefully when you run through it with the nurses that it eases your mind. Try to take it as it comes xoxo

Oh what a rollercoaster we are on!! I am thinking of you all!
    I have only recently begun to resign to the fact that we will need ivf to have a baby. After weeks and weeks of bursting into tears and snapping at anyone who would speak about it, I am beginning to look at the bright side. I have been doing this on and off for 5 years, it's time to move on...

I hope that this new week brings a few more smiles and that everyone will feel a bit better about things!!

Mam xoxoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    How did your iui go mam? Great news on the sperm count! I won't be in the same tww afterall... Had another scan this morning and nothing is happening so I'm up to 82.5 and another scan on tues. I'm happy to go slow and steady but fs is away for a week from the 7th so hope I get to trigger before then. I've done 10 shots now so hopefully by tues I'll have some action.

Have a great weekend girls and fingers crossed for you all that the conception magic is taking place
    Hey green fairy!! Hopefully the upped dose will do the trick!! I have had to increase every cycle too!

IUI went well, wasn't the horrible nurse this time!! so much more comfortable with the whole thing knowing its my last try before moving on... We are having a bit more fun with the process!! Even dtd twice more than we needed to!!! Haha!!! We were like teenagers!!! So there is plenty of swimmers up there, going out from IUI with a bang!!

Good luck with your scans next week!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,
    Sorry to take a couple of days to get back to catching up with everyone. It sucks that doing this is so hard for us gals. Even though this is only my first cycle, I've never had regular cycles (since puberty) and gave up on ever having a partner willing to go through what is required to even attempt to try to fall pregnant. It's emotionally hard, no-one understands the us and downs your mind plays on you. Each step comes with uncertainty. The most important thing that we have is our super-supportive other-halves to remind us to relax & focus our attention elsewhere.

In regards to the questions about my regime ... the FS put me on Tamoxifen as it seems to have less side-effects than clomid. DH & I have done our bit. I agree Mam .... BD 5 times in 3 days is a record for me

Fingers crossed from here, hopefully nature will get the hint and follow through. Hard to get excited though, I know my chances of a BFP are slim. I've had stress hiccups for 3 days straight!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default About to start...

Hi ladies, I've been stalking for a while, but thought it was time to come and say Hello...

DH & I have been TTC#1 for about 2 years now. Many unsuccessful Clomid cycles (I did ovulate, just never got UTD..) so now we are venturing down the IUI path. I am in Darwin so am very restricted with FS as there is only 1 to choose from... I'm currently CD22 and have an appointment with the nurses tomorrow morning to run through the "jabbing" process. I too have a phobia of needles so am very nervous, but keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.

I have small hopes that we might've just fallen PG on our own this month, but time will tell. I'm not going to POAS until Monday week if AF stays away that long. It would be awesome if we fell PG and didn't need the injections..

Here's hoping for lots of BFP's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would like to thank all of the ladies in this thread for the support over the last couple of days. This has been the hardest few days in my ttc journey so far. I know that I am new to this thread and dont know any of your journeys which I am sure have been longer and tougher than my own.

After every cycle I have been able to pick myself up and be positive for the next cycle. But receiving the news I received was very difficult.

We are waiting until we speak with the fs before we make the hard decision. But again I thank you all x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    OMG OMG OMG THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!

So jealous! I have taken fertility meds for so long and all they have done is make me cramp!! Never kick started a natural cycle you lucky thing!!!! 2ww's for us all how wonderful!!!!!!

So u didn't have insemination did you, all natural cycle?? xo
    Hi Mam yes I feel very lucky this cycle to have ovulated but I really do think I will be jabbing again soon. We did it all natural this cycle so back on the drugs again when AF arrives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    SA Fertility are fantastic, Prof Norman definitely knows about PCOS and his success rate is phenominal (i did alot of research). The nurses are all lovely too which i think is a massive factor, i have called many times seeking advice.

AFM clomid is no longer working. I am day 44 in my cycle and have not ovulated. I have had an emotional breakdown from the news so have spent most of the last 48 hours in tears. So now I am trying to pick muself up and decide whether or not to move onto injections now.

DH is thinking that due to my emotional breakdown that it might be beneficial for my mental health to take a little break.

Any advice if you ladies have been in the same boat would be very greatly appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Munchkin thanks for the advice of prof Norman I might give him a go if we decide to get a second opinion. Hun I'm so sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Don't worry you're not alone clomid did absolutely nothing for me do I felt like I wasted months! To be honest the best thing I did was to go straight onto injections, it was such a relief when they worked and I have ovulated every injection cycle. I know this doesn't happen for everyone but I am a big believer in just getting back on the horse so to speak... Take the leap knowing that you are not alone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stc76 View Post
    Hi ladies, I've been stalking for a while, but thought it was time to come and say Hello...

DH & I have been TTC#1 for about 2 years now. Many unsuccessful Clomid cycles (I did ovulate, just never got UTD..) so now we are venturing down the IUI path. I am in Darwin so am very restricted with FS as there is only 1 to choose from... I'm currently CD22 and have an appointment with the nurses tomorrow morning to run through the "jabbing" process. I too have a phobia of needles so am very nervous, but keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.

I have small hopes that we might've just fallen PG on our own this month, but time will tell. I'm not going to POAS until Monday week if AF stays away that long. It would be awesome if we fell PG and didn't need the injections..

Here's hoping for lots of BFP's
    Welcome! Sending you truckloads of baby dust that you get a BFP without the injections! If you don't then good luck with your first jab, you will be fine it isn't nearly as bad as what I thought it would be. Any sign of AF yet?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to minipolly2b For This Useful Post:

stc76  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tantom and Becca sending you both big hugs x

AFM I'm still waiting... TWW is not so bad this time because I don't have any expectation of a BFP I just am happy to have ovulated on my own and just waiting to start jabbing again.

Sending baby dust to all xox