Closed Thread
Page 76 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tantom View Post
    Hey, it's after Medicare, really need to come up with $10000 up front
    After the last couple of weeks we have had I'm letting my hair down tonight for some much needed drinks,
    hpe you all have a fantastic weekend
    I can't believe how expensive it is! Is there other clinics you can use that are cheaper? Might be cheaper to fly over and do it in Sydney!!
    In Adelaide we pay about $2000 out of pocket per IVF cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 grand is totally nuts!!! Mine is 6000 but u get 4000 back!!

Minipolly, that's such great news!! How funny would it be if u are the first injections bfp and u fall naturally!! Hahaha fingers crossed!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes 10k seems mad. I'd look around a bit for other options if possible.

How is everyone feeling on this lovely Sunday? I'm just sitting on a swing at the local park, it is so peaceful and beautiful... Should try and get down here more often. What does everyone else do to relax and get away from it all?

As for me I saw FS yesterday and apparently 62.5 dose is also doing nothing do I'm up to 75 now. Really hope this has an effect I'm getting a little frustrated and impatient. This might be a silly question, but do I just keep going until I grow a follie even if it takes like 5 weeks, or at some point do I just stop and start a new cycle but start at a higher dose?

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey tantom. $10k is a huge OOP exspense. Is Wazza doing a straight forward IVF/ICSI cycle for you? Maybe you could ask to be referred to their cheaper clinic TFC to start with. They are much different but only $1300 OOP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post

How is everyone feeling on this lovely Sunday? I'm just sitting on a swing at the local park, it is so peaceful and beautiful... Should try and get down here more often. What does everyone else do to relax and get away from it all?
    If I've had a particularly bad day, I find taking the dog for a walk/jog can do wonders for changing my mood.

We had our orientation with one of the nurses yesterday, she went over everything with us and demonstrated how I'll need to do the injections on a pin cushion type thing. It was very hard for me to watch and I think I'm going to struggle with it more than I initially thought. I have to go in on day 4 of my next cycle for them to actually teach me how to do it. I'm really really dreading that day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca, is it because you have a needle phobia or something along those lines? Believe me I was terrible with needles for years but there are some great strategies I can recommend. Have you tried Emla cream? It numbs the skins so you can't feel the needle! Also there is something called Kalma which is a little tablet I often take. It is a really mild sedative, all it does is just numb down that 'on edge' feeling for a little while. Was amazing and has honestly got me through approx 30 needles with all of this do far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea what sort of cycle he is talking about sorry, just feeling a little down today, it's like a listen to everything him and the nurse say but nothing is sinking in, so feeling quite stupid, I'm going to make an appointment with a councilor I think. I have an appointment with TFC on the 30th of July but not holding much hope as I need to lose about 30kg within a month for them to except me, sorry for having a sook,
    Bec- u will be fine with the injections I stressed about it too but after your first one you will be fine, u don't even feel it
    sending everyone lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the encouragement Tantom and Littledove. Is my phobia of needles that's causing me to freak out. I know that needles and blood tests don't hurt but it's the sight of the needle that really feeaks me out. Every single time I've needed and injection or blood test, I have never ever watched them prepare to the stage that the needle is coming at me- I close my eyes as soon as im sitting on the bed/chair waiting. I had convinced myself I could do this but when I actually saw on Sunday what I have to do, I can now see it will be a big challenge. Even thinking about it I get all squeamish and I was almost in tears forcing myself to watch the demo she gave us on Sunday. I know it's all in my mind but I need to figure out how to get past it.

Littledove, is Kalma something you can get over the counter? It might be worth me giving that a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it's not over the counter, you have to get a prescription from your Gp, but it is totally worth it. Before discovering it you wouldn't get me through the door of the medical centre. I would cry and cry and would focus on it for day's before hand and become really stressed. Pretty horrible for everyone! The site of a needle used to make me feel physically sick. I even tried hypnotherapy at one point to try and get over it. Anyway, I'm telling you this cos I know exactly how you feel and this Kalma stuff really is the answer!! Since using it it has just become easier and easier... And the other day I had my first blood test ever without it, totally on my own, I even watched her put the needle in- a massive achievement for me. So sending you hugs and lots of luck, I really think it'll be your golden ticket! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalma is a brand name the actual drug is called Alprazolam