Closed Thread
Page 75 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm private becca, public wasn't offered to me and I didn't really realise it was an option? Plus I'm in qld and there isn't anything very good about qld health! I'm not finding the costs too bad yet think its been a few hundred a month after rebates.
    Feel free to jump in and ask questions if you're confused we're all happy to help out. I've learnt so much through these threads

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    I will definitely check re: cost when we go on Sunday for the orientation but I am pretty sure they told me all we had to pay for was the sperm wash. We haven't paid a thing so far except hubby's initial sperm analysis. Are you guys seeing FS in private clinics? When I was first seeing my GP, she gave us a referral and also the phone numbers for both a private and a public clinic. She said that the public one would probably have a longer wait time but the private would be much more expensive. We opted the public and had an appointment within a few weeks. The times we can make an appointment are limited but as far as the treatment goes, I'm happy with our FS so far.
    Mam, I am in Sydney.. Are you in Sydney too?

As I haven't started the injections yet, I'm abit confused about alot of the things you girls are discussing but I think it's probably good for me to hang around as in a few weeks, I'll be in the same position and will probably have a much better understanding.
    Yeah I'm in Sydney. Westmead is apparently the cheapest place to go and they are supposed to be fantastic! I would have gone there, but there is a clinic that is a minutes walk from my house which has been so convenient! And westmead dont have very flexible hours apparently (that I've heard).. Plus mine do blood tests at 7am so I am only slightly late for work (shift worker but mostly start at 7) so its been really good. Plus I am used to them now.. Haha!

Yeah any questions fire away!!! U will need to be getting used to the lingo soon enough! xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Brisbane, Qfg seeing wazza. Had an appointment today to talk about ivf, while we were there he did a scan and I had 8 excellent size follicles on one side and a couple on the other side, and looks like I ovulated for the first time this year, would of been a perfect cycle. Now we have to come up with the money for ivf which will leave us out of pocket $7700. How is everything going with all u lovely ladies sending you lots of
    Last edited by tantom; 21-06-2012 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Public wasn't offered to me either, must be a qld thing! I'm in brissie too also at QFG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick update sorry I don't have time to reply to all this morning. I've had a scan today CD13 & believe it or not I actually have a good size lead follicle growing!! I am so excited that's never happened to me before without the drugs so we might actually be in with a chance naturally!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great news minipolly!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

minipolly2b  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Just a quick update sorry I don't have time to reply to all this morning. I've had a scan today CD13 & believe it or not I actually have a good size lead follicle growing!! I am so excited that's never happened to me before without the drugs so we might actually be in with a chance naturally!!
    OMG how exciting!!!! That's fantastic!!! Did they say if they are going to help with a trigger or completely on your own?? That's great news!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

minipolly2b  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tantom View Post
    I'm in Brisbane, Qfg seeing wazza. Had an appointment today to talk about ivf, while we were there he did a scan and I had 8 excellent size follicles on one side and a couple on the other side, and looks like I ovulated for the first time this year, would of been a perfect cycle. Now we have to come up with the money for ivf which will leave us out of pocket $7700. How is everything going with all u lovely ladies sending you lots of
    Ouch!! Is that before Medicare or after??

Great about your follies!! Hopefully they will respond really well to the ivf meds then!!! Xoxo

Hope everything goes well!!!! Xoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, it's after Medicare, really need to come up with $10000 up front
    After the last couple of weeks we have had I'm letting my hair down tonight for some much needed drinks,
    hpe you all have a fantastic weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    OMG how exciting!!!! That's fantastic!!! Did they say if they are going to help with a trigger or completely on your own?? That's great news!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!
    I know I can't believe it !!!!! There's a first for everything hey LOL
    He is going to scan me again Monday & if I haven't ovulated yet he will give me a trigger shot then... But he's hoping it will happen on its own.