Closed Thread
Page 73 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry things didn't work out for you this time greenfairy, that's great you can get straight back into it though. Baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear that green fairy, big hugs xx

Little dove I'm sure your next dose will get things moving, let us know how you go!

Welcome Becca!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the thread Becca!! Hope your stay is nice and short and u get a quick BFP!!

Greenfairy - bummer!!!!! Ah well try try again... It sucks though! It always sucks!!

Littledove- hopefully that increase will get things going!! Hate all the blood tests though!! Haha!!

Minipolly- a natural cycle?? Well hopefully your body will have had a bit of a kick start with all the drugs! Come on o!!!! Are u still going to have trigger and iui if you do ovulate??

I'm still jab jab jabbing away on 75 units, still got mega cramping... And gastro problems... Think the metformin is getting to me this month!!

Take care ladies!!! Hoping for a lot of big juicy follies!!!!! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mam yep we are on a natural cycle don't think I will trigger at all, not sure but he hasn't mentioned it, think he just wants to see what happens without any drugs. Bugger about your cramping that sux hope it goes away soon. When is your first bloods or scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mam, mini and little dove. Thanks for the support. I've got my next appointment tomorrow. Has anyone had a scan during af? This seems a bit gross to me but apparently that's what's happening.

I'm a bit upset tonight. Tried to broach "the plan" going forward with DP and how long we stay on timed bd before changing to iui and he told me we can't just keep changing after only 1 or 2 goes and need to give it a chance. I feel really annoyed and frustrated. I tried to explain that the treatment is the same it's just the end bit that's a little bit different but apparently there was nothing to discuss cause I'd already made up my mind.

I just feel like he hasn't done any reading, doesn't come to all the appointments, doesn't take any drugs or go through any emotional ups and downs yet I'm supposed to happily go along with a treatment with about half the success rate of another (timed bd vs iui) despite him having no informed opinion on this. Grr why would we not do iui - I'm on the drugs anyway and the cost is about 200 vs 400 so nothing we can't cope with. And it's not like you can change half way through the cycle - the way Medicare works you have to decide from first appointment of the cycle.

I happily agreed to one more timed bd but just wanted his agreement that if it's not successful we switch to iui. Others on here have me worried about the 6 cycle rule and I just want to give each cycle the best shot.

He doesn't seem phased by any of this at all and doesn't get why I am even worried or upset by any of this stuff. Am I just being a crazy woman? Any hints, tips, home truths or advice great fully accepted xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Hi mam, mini and little dove. Thanks for the support. I've got my next appointment tomorrow. Has anyone had a scan during af? This seems a bit gross to me but apparently that's what's happening.

I'm a bit upset tonight. Tried to broach "the plan" going forward with DP and how long we stay on timed bd before changing to iui and he told me we can't just keep changing after only 1 or 2 goes and need to give it a chance. I feel really annoyed and frustrated. I tried to explain that the treatment is the same it's just the end bit that's a little bit different but apparently there was nothing to discuss cause I'd already made up my mind.

I just feel like he hasn't done any reading, doesn't come to all the appointments, doesn't take any drugs or go through any emotional ups and downs yet I'm supposed to happily go along with a treatment with about half the success rate of another (timed bd vs iui) despite him having no informed opinion on this. Grr why would we not do iui - I'm on the drugs anyway and the cost is about 200 vs 400 so nothing we can't cope with. And it's not like you can change half way through the cycle - the way Medicare works you have to decide from first appointment of the cycle.

I happily agreed to one more timed bd but just wanted his agreement that if it's not successful we switch to iui. Others on here have me worried about the 6 cycle rule and I just want to give each cycle the best shot.

He doesn't seem phased by any of this at all and doesn't get why I am even worried or upset by any of this stuff. Am I just being a crazy woman? Any hints, tips, home truths or advice great fully accepted xxx
    Oh love! It's hard!! They want their spermies to do all the work!!!

It's really up to you and him together, does your clinic have a 6 cycle rule? Mine does but not everyone does, but as my fs said, it's not so much the drugs, it's the process. Sometimes I am not sure how I have dealt with so many cycles, and DH was very similar to yours, no to iui "lets just try naturally" I can tell you now that with how upset I get with these bfn's and how upset he is starting to get with the bfn's, he doesn't care about natural anymore! He just wants this over with... But it is a big step to move onto more assistance like that, you have to be both ready for it.

I had my first cycle in 2007, Its been a long time! Haha

Are you sure you can't change during a cycle? I can! It's just if I pay for iui I can't go back to natural... Well I can't get a refund for it anyway...

I think one more is a good idea, two try's is good! Try not to put too much pressure on yourself but i know it's impossible! You never know greenfairy!!! You may just fall preggers with timed bd!!!!

Minipolly, my first bloods are on Wednesday. Getting myself mentally prepared for ivf though... Starting to get excited about the process... Will take a few months off first though, save up some $$ going to book an app with my fertility spec to get things moving and find out more about the whole thing, I'm so clueless!! haha!!!

And sticking with the gym every two days, I am totally convinced that it helped me ovulate last cycle!! My arms look awesome!!! Hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mam, thanks for the lovely reply. I've calmed down a bit today and all is ok with the world again. I saw my fs today, had my scan and got the all clear to start jabbing again tonight. Hopefully I'll be stating my tww again in about 2 weeks time.

I asked today about the 6 cycle rule and she said it all depends on individual circumstances and she said at this stage my only prob is ovulation so I could do 12 if we needed to. Im going to have the dye test if this cycle doesn't work out and will discuss iui again with DP at a later date. No point pushing it further now.

I also checked about swapping mid cycle and I can do that too if need be. Feeling good now, almost excited to get back jabbing tonight. I'm on 75 straight up and have another scan next tues.

Thanks again for your support. Hope everyone else is hanging in there xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the welcome messages.

Mam, you've been trying since 2007? Or did I misread that? If you have been, wow. I don't know how you've done it for so long. Well, I do know why you've hung in there but it must be so so hard for you.

Greenfairy, glad you're feeling a little better. It's good that they don't have a set 6 cycle rule where you go. It definitely would be frustrating for you when you have the option of IUI but partner wants to try timed bd.

I didn't worry about making my last appointment one that hubby could come to. I went with the intention of going through my charts for the last few cycles with FS and pretty much as soon as he looked at them, he recommended we do FSH injections. There was a nurse sitting in with me and she asked him if it would be with intercourse or IUI and he said IUI. It al happened so fast and I really wasn't expecting it but they were awesome about answering all questions I had and as that was what he recommened and said would give us best chances, I went with it. I relayed it all to hubby that night. I think we're both in the position of whatever is recommended, we'll go with. I know he's not comfortable having to go in and give a sample but I'm not really comfortable with having to inject myself and then go for the u/s and then IUI but if it gives us the best chances, we'll both bear it all.

I read earlier today about you guys paying for the injections/IUI - how much is all this costing you all? We've been told that everything is covered so all we have to pay is the $137 or whatever it is for the sperm wash before IUI.. Now I'm confused and thinking that may not be the case. I'll have to ask when we go in on Sunday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    Thanks for all the welcome messages.

Mam, you've been trying since 2007? Or did I misread that? If you have been, wow. I don't know how you've done it for so long. Well, I do know why you've hung in there but it must be so so hard for you.

Greenfairy, glad you're feeling a little better. It's good that they don't have a set 6 cycle rule where you go. It definitely would be frustrating for you when you have the option of IUI but partner wants to try timed bd.

I didn't worry about making my last appointment one that hubby could come to. I went with the intention of going through my charts for the last few cycles with FS and pretty much as soon as he looked at them, he recommended we do FSH injections. There was a nurse sitting in with me and she asked him if it would be with intercourse or IUI and he said IUI. It al happened so fast and I really wasn't expecting it but they were awesome about answering all questions I had and as that was what he recommened and said would give us best chances, I went with it. I relayed it all to hubby that night. I think we're both in the position of whatever is recommended, we'll go with. I know he's not comfortable having to go in and give a sample but I'm not really comfortable with having to inject myself and then go for the u/s and then IUI but if it gives us the best chances, we'll both bear it all.

I read earlier today about you guys paying for the injections/IUI - how much is all this costing you all? We've been told that everything is covered so all we have to pay is the $137 or whatever it is for the sperm wash before IUI.. Now I'm confused and thinking that may not be the case. I'll have to ask when we go in on Sunday.
    Hey Becca,

Not quite, I had my first cycle in 2007 with my ex husband, but then he became my ex... So started trying again with my new DH in November last year. This will be my 6th and final cycle altogether before moving onto ivf.

That sounds like a good plan, we tried timed bd for a few cycles, now I wish we hadn't. If I could go back I would have gone straight to iui. It increases your chances and when you go through all the needles and blood tests and scans and side effects, you will be wanting your chances to be as high as possible! But everyone is different though, it's often a hard decision. And it's hard for the boys, i think they think their sperm is super sperm and will just work the first time... But realistically it's much better chances, and you can bd as well as iui so you never really know which one knocked you up!!

Wow 137 dollars? That sounds so cheap... Mine is $1300 an iui cycle. That includes drugs and all the scans and tests and the sperm wash and insemination and follow up tests... Maybe just check if all scans are included, some places charge individually and it can add up. If that's correct that's the best price I have ever heard! Are you in Sydney?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Hi mam, thanks for the lovely reply. I've calmed down a bit today and all is ok with the world again. I saw my fs today, had my scan and got the all clear to start jabbing again tonight. Hopefully I'll be stating my tww again in about 2 weeks time.

I asked today about the 6 cycle rule and she said it all depends on individual circumstances and she said at this stage my only prob is ovulation so I could do 12 if we needed to. Im going to have the dye test if this cycle doesn't work out and will discuss iui again with DP at a later date. No point pushing it further now.

I also checked about swapping mid cycle and I can do that too if need be. Feeling good now, almost excited to get back jabbing tonight. I'm on 75 straight up and have another scan next tues.

Thanks again for your support. Hope everyone else is hanging in there xx
    Greenfairy, that's awesome!!!! In some ways I'm really jealous that your clinic will let you do more than 6 cycles, but at the same time I feel like I have gone through enough, and am beginning to get resigned to the fact that ivf may be the easiest thing for us if this cycle doesn't work out... (hopefully not famous last words...) At the end of the day, we have been having unprotected bd in the hopes that we will get up the duff for close to 2 years now... And now over 7 months with failed fertility treatment, although I know that's not that long... I think that I'm just reaching that point where enough is enough and its time to move on.

Good idea to have the dye test, you don't want to go through all of this only to find you have blocked tubes anyway!

75? Same as me! Very exciting! Hope you get a good result quickly! I'm having first e2 blood test tomorrow. It is never up with 75 units but u never know, I have been having terrible headaches and Usually get that when estrogen is rising... Stranger things have happened...

Are you on metformin? Anyone not on metformin?

Best wishes to you and all the other ladies! Xoxoxo