Closed Thread
Page 64 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oops I should also mention the total cost per cycle for me ends up about $900 out of pocket after Medicare rebate. This includes all appointments and scans, monitoring, Gonal F injection pens, Ovidrel injection pen, IUI procedure & progesterone pessaries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi little dove, I don't pay per cycle as such, I just pay for my appointments and u/s as I go and because I'm also clomid resistant my injections are $35 for 3 pens which is 900iu which will hopefully be all I need this cycle. On the box though it said full price is $560!!! I think my clinic only pay per cycle if I was doing iui - it's all to do with the Medicare codes?? Waiting for my scan now - fx!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also regarding keeping in the fridge, the pharmacy told me if I was using it within 21 days I didn't need to worry but box says keep refrigerated. Just to be safe I've kept it in the fridge apart from the day I collected it and kept it in my drawer at work til I got home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo!! Just had my scan and there is a single dominant follicle
    Two more shots then scan on wed then trigger wed or thurs. This is all working out too perfectly - two more shots in my pen, DP is back wed night and if I did manage to get utd first go I'd get my bub first half of 2013!! Is it too good to be true or just all the planets aligning haha??
    Either way I'm just happy to get 1 follie growing and I'll get my first go at "trying". Thanks for letting me share my excitement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Woo!! Just had my scan and there is a single dominant follicle
    Two more shots then scan on wed then trigger wed or thurs. This is all working out too perfectly - two more shots in my pen, DP is back wed night and if I did manage to get utd first go I'd get my bub first half of 2013!! Is it too good to be true or just all the planets aligning haha??
    Either way I'm just happy to get 1 follie growing and I'll get my first go at "trying". Thanks for letting me share my excitement
    Thats great news greenfairy!!! Its so exciting!! Let us know how you go, you are doing timed bd??? Or iui???

Well i had my iui this morning, the actual injection, which only lasted like 2 seconds, was fine... But she couldn't find the opening to my cervix and had to dig around in there with the speculum, for what was probably for a few minutes or so but felt like half an hour. Tried to insert the catheter like three times with no success, but we got there eventually... DH was SOOOOO nervous about his swimmers! The count was 42 million per mL. They said the minimum amount that can work is 10 million, and seemed happy with his 42... Much to his relief. Called him at work and asked him "was it good for you?" haha couldn't resist!!

Such a small amount they inject though!! I didn't realise how small it is once they spin it. Did anyone else think that the first time they had iui??

Wow we are in major 2WW territory now ladies!!! Surely a bfp this month!!!!!! Fingers crossed for us all!! I have to do two booster hcg shots, one on wednesday and another on saturday. Don't think my clinic does pessaries... I hate the hcg though, its the worst thing about this whole process. Bring on the rollercoaster next two weeks!!

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Hi ladies, just a couple of simple questions about injectables. Firstly, how much do they cost and secondly do all types need to be refrigerated or are there some that dont?
    Hey littledove,

When i do a oi cycle without iui i have to pay for meds, 35 bucks for three pens. And then extra for the trigger and booster shots, like 20 dollars each. They need to be in the fridge unless using in the next little while, but because i never know how many pens i will need, i keep them in the fridge all the time. But with the iui, it was like a thousand dollars, and all meds are included in that cycle. They provide me with it. Apparently there is a government thing, meds are provided with an iui cycle.

G'luck!!!

Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mam, exciting for you too! Glad to hear your iui went well. I'm doing timed bd so prob wed thurs fri and sat morning for good luck
    I've got the preseed at the ready too, pulling out all stops haha. Can't quite believe that in just 2.5 weeks I will get my first BFP or BFN!! There certainly will be a few in the tww let's hope for all BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the replies about the pens everyone!

That's great news green fairy! You must be so excited, and Mam too! Fingers crossed you both get BFP!! Yay

Thanks
    Reviews
    When's everyone's test dates??? I'm determined to wait longer than 2 weeks this time. Don't want to get excited and disappointed again, so terrible! I am going to give it a few extra days and let AF come naturally. Although I say this now... In 2 weeks I'm going to be crazy. I'm aiming for at least the 16th of June. Let's see how I go!! Hahaha!!! Hopefully this wait is going to be better than the last few!! Ekk!

How are you other gals going??

Thinking of you all!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mam, I've not even dtd yet but I'm planning on testing on about the 16/6 too. I don't think I'll be able to help myself given this is my first try. I've got another scan this morning and just hoping the follicle is still growing and I do actually get to trigger tonight or tomorrow. I realized we have a function on fri night so hoping it all works out. I'm a bit nervous now hoping we don't muck it up or miss it or something lol. Bit disappointed DP hasn't shared my excitement, he is still away but when I msgd him he didn't even say oh that's good! Men! It's so hard not to get ahead of yourself and over excited about this. I know there is a good chance it won't work but just can't help thinking about due date, buying the pram I've been dying to get, finishing work in 8.5 months haha all those baby things that I'll prob just be more disappointed about when af shows up!
    On that note when (as in CD) does everyone start injections normally - I continued on from a clomid cycle. Will I be able to start straight away and roughly how long do you jab for?