Closed Thread
Page 56 of 124 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for you girls, after the trigger shot your supposed to o 24-36 hours after. So when do you dtd afterwards?

I had trigger at 830am mon, then iui at 3pm tues. how long would that sperm last do you think? We also dtd tues night, but I'm assuming the sperm would be a bit young to be any good. Then with crazy work we havent done it since. I'm worried we missed the egg after all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

When I first started injections in December last year I looked for a forum like yours but didnt find one.

I am on my third cycle of FSH injections at the moment.
    I dont have PCOS and was on the pill for nearly 10 years before coming off in late 2010. I didnt get a period so in Sept 2011 I saw FS.

Tried 3 x clomid rounds -nothing on blood test ... I mean nothing! I felt fine while taking the clomid though, probably because it was doing nothing!

Then started FSH injections:

My dose seems to be much higher than most of yours!
    I started at 50IU and finished on 150 IU for the first cycle which went for around 16 days. Had trigger shot when e levels were around 1200. I had 4 decent sized follis for this cycle, and was so stressed following the trigger shot about having quadruplets! But BFN

2nd cycle, started at 100IU for 1 week then up to 125 for 2 weeks then had a scan - 5 relatively large follicles. My FS never tells me the size, just that we are aiming for 2cm! I didnt feel comfortable about trying with this many eggs, although he gave me the option, and then came the devestating news that I still needed the trigger shot to complete the cycle....

I dont get any s/e from the FSH injections but the 2ww I feel awful, lots of bloating (I thought I was going to explode the first cycle) and all over the place emotionally.

Just started my third cycle now,

Nice to join your thread,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Update again for me, they have upped me to 100 and bloods again monday
    Yay!! Was hoping they would up it!!! All that worry for nothing!! I'm sure it will start rising now!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tls242 View Post
    Question for you girls, after the trigger shot your supposed to o 24-36 hours after. So when do you dtd afterwards?

I had trigger at 830am mon, then iui at 3pm tues. how long would that sperm last do you think? We also dtd tues night, but I'm assuming the sperm would be a bit young to be any good. Then with crazy work we havent done it since. I'm worried we missed the egg after all that.
    Perfect tls!! U are supposed to bd 24 hours after trigger or thereabouts! Sperm lasts for three days and the good ones take 30 minutes to make it to your tubes, egg lasts for about 24 hours, u are fine!! Stop stressing!! Take care of your body and enjoy the wait!! xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouldntbethishard View Post
    Hi Ladies,

When I first started injections in December last year I looked for a forum like yours but didnt find one.

I am on my third cycle of FSH injections at the moment.
    I dont have PCOS and was on the pill for nearly 10 years before coming off in late 2010. I didnt get a period so in Sept 2011 I saw FS.

Tried 3 x clomid rounds -nothing on blood test ... I mean nothing! I felt fine while taking the clomid though, probably because it was doing nothing!

Then started FSH injections:

My dose seems to be much higher than most of yours!
    I started at 50IU and finished on 150 IU for the first cycle which went for around 16 days. Had trigger shot when e levels were around 1200. I had 4 decent sized follis for this cycle, and was so stressed following the trigger shot about having quadruplets! But BFN

2nd cycle, started at 100IU for 1 week then up to 125 for 2 weeks then had a scan - 5 relatively large follicles. My FS never tells me the size, just that we are aiming for 2cm! I didnt feel comfortable about trying with this many eggs, although he gave me the option, and then came the devestating news that I still needed the trigger shot to complete the cycle....

I dont get any s/e from the FSH injections but the 2ww I feel awful, lots of bloating (I thought I was going to explode the first cycle) and all over the place emotionally.

Just started my third cycle now,

Nice to join your thread,
    Welcome shouldntbethishard!!

Good to have u here!! 150 isn't too bad, my FS was telling me about a few ladies on 300 to get one egg!!!
    Are u not reacting well to the slightly lower dose?? Nothing happens at all?? Maybe cause the rest of us are PCOS we only need a bit of it, they say PCOS has a very high chance of over stimulating...

I know the 2ww is terrible!! Do u have booster shots as well?? It's the stupid hcg!! I always get bloating, terrible cramps and diarrhea!!

Wow they let u keep going with 4 follies??? I had 4 this cycle and my FS said NO WAY!!!!! Cancel!!!! Hahaha!! My estrogen was over 3000!! I have never been so emotional on the hormones before, crying every 5 minutes!!

Welcome again! Glad u found us!!! Where are u up to now??? What cycle day are u??

Mam xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mam,

Yes, levels are pretty much non existant (ie under 100) until I go up to the 125iu dose. Additionally it seems that my estrogen levels dont really reflect what is going on, as for each cycle FS seems suprised by the number and size of follies when he has scanned me. He is fairly relaxed about trying with 4 follies which is quite different to what I;ve read others report. Definitely just wanting the one baby though, so I am way more cautious than he is! I had an appoint with him Fri, he opened the conversation saying that e levels didnt look like I was quite ready, but wanted to scan to see what was going one.

Suprisingly I had 2 decent sized eggs and 2 much smaller ones, so had the shot in the bum Fri. E levels (Thurs) only 650!!

This time hes given me some top up gnRH injections for day 4 , 8 and 12.... which I'm a little bit concerned about given the SE I got with just the 5000IU trigger shot the last 2 cycles. Its obviously worth it if it is going to help though.

So I'm in 2ww now.... but at least feeling far less anxious about the risk of multiples this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,

Sorry I have been fairly quiet, is hard having a cycle off! Very impatient, and wishing I could start jabbing again (never thought I would say that haha!). I have some very odd and interesting news which explains why we haven't gotten our BFP even when I have O'd ..... turns out I am allergic to my DH's sperm !!!
    WTF?!?!?!?!?!
    So I actually feel good that there is an explanation, of course I can't get preggers if I am allergic to him
    Anyway, turns out it is actually fixable so I am going to be treated for that and hopefully we will have a better chance for our next cycle
    I have mixed emotions and wish we had known that ages ago, 2 years TTC and it never would have happened that whole time regardless of whether I O'd or not!

Anyway, Mam I am so sorry to hear your cycle had to be cancelled, that is so frustrating! Hopefully you get less eggs next time and you can go ahead.

Welcome shouldntbethishard, I have heard of other people being on a higher dose but personally I would be a little concerned about multiples with 4-5 eggs. I was worried when I had 2!! All the best hun I hope it works out for you soon.

Good luck TLS

21andtrying glad to hear you didn't get your cycle cancelled, hope you get a good response from 100IU.

Sorry for those I have missed, can't scroll back any further while replying lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Hi girls,

Sorry I have been fairly quiet, is hard having a cycle off! Very impatient, and wishing I could start jabbing again (never thought I would say that haha!). I have some very odd and interesting news which explains why we haven't gotten our BFP even when I have O'd ..... turns out I am allergic to my DH's sperm !!!
    WTF?!?!?!?!?!
    So I actually feel good that there is an explanation, of course I can't get preggers if I am allergic to him
    Anyway, turns out it is actually fixable so I am going to be treated for that and hopefully we will have a better chance for our next cycle
    I have mixed emotions and wish we had known that ages ago, 2 years TTC and it never would have happened that whole time regardless of whether I O'd or not!

Anyway, Mam I am so sorry to hear your cycle had to be cancelled, that is so frustrating! Hopefully you get less eggs next time and you can go ahead.

Welcome shouldntbethishard, I have heard of other people being on a higher dose but personally I would be a little concerned about multiples with 4-5 eggs. I was worried when I had 2!! All the best hun I hope it works out for you soon.

Good luck TLS

21andtrying glad to hear you didn't get your cycle cancelled, hope you get a good response from 100IU.

Sorry for those I have missed, can't scroll back any further while replying lol
    OMG!!!!!!! How on earth did u find that out???? Treatment??? Huh???? WTF?????!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    OMG!!!!!!! How on earth did u find that out???? Treatment??? Huh???? WTF?????!!!!!
    I know, WTF!!!
    In my month off I went back to have a visit with my naturopath who suggested having it tested as she had other women with the same problem. So I had a test done and she was right! I was tested on a machine they use to test for allergies (called Bicom) and they can use the same machine to reverse the allergy so tomorrow am heading in to have that done. I really hope this means our next cycle get us our BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soooo when can I POAS! I'm getting very anxious hehe. The nurse said next mon and wed. And I know I should wait. But come on! I hate the waiting!

Hope you all had a great weekend!