Closed Thread
Page 53 of 124 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It feels like it all comes down to how lucky you are with our bodies. I wish one protocol would work on everyone the same. I can dream ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome squeak and ngaiz!!

Are you both having ovulation induction with iui??

Squeak, if so... One large follicle is an ideal result, a normal cycle will usually produce a few follicles, but then only one of them becomes dominant and releases an egg. They will usually cancel if there are no follicles, or more than 2-3 because of the risk all of them implanting and having quintuplets!! Haha!! So it sounds like you are right on track! What dose are you on?

I always take my goal f in the evening because I have all my blood tests in the morning and the results come back in the Argo before that days dose in case they need to change it.

If you read back in the forums a little bit, i wrote a bit about how a cycle of injections work and how the hormones help us at different times of the cycle. It should only be a few pages back, it's always good to know exactly what's s happening without bodies during a cycle, better than jabbing not knowing what it is doing. I'll try and find it for you when i finish typing this up

As for myself, been off the radar a bit lately and not the best news today. On the upside, my estrogen is 1200!! On the bad side I have four follicles, the biggest being 11mm, so there is a very real possibility that I will over stimulate this cycle and it will be cancelled. Never overstimulated before, so it's good to know I can!! Haha!! So decreased my dose from 100 down to 75 for tonight and tomorrow and another blood test and scan on Wednesday! Let's hope that the four of them don't get bigger!

But now my estrogen is so bloody high I cry over everything!! Oh my gosh! Wonder what it will be like if it gets higher! I cried at a commercial today! Oh dear!!

Good luck everyone!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found it newbies!! Xoxo

Ok I will try to explain its a bit to wrap your head around!
    A women who's body works properly and releases an egg every month starts off with low hormones as the progesterone drops and causes the lining to shed (AF), then in the first 14 days of the cycle, the pituitary (in your brain) releases a hormone called follicle stimulating hormone. This makes a few follicles (with an egg in each one) start growing in the ovaries... The follicles have to grow and the egg needs to reach maturity to release (ovulate) Having these follicles growing makes them release estrogen, so as you get closer to ovulation, your estrogen rises and rises until it reaches a peak. Usually only one follicle matures and grows enough to release an egg. Normally then when the follie is ready the body releases lutenising hormone (LH) which causes the egg to fully mature and the follicle releases the egg into the Fallopian tube ready for fertilisation.

So to summarise, no follicles will grow without FSH and no egg will release without LH. So when no or too little FSH is released we need to take gonal f which is FSH. So we take this to grow the follicle with the egg inside, then we have bloods and scans to make sure our estrogen is rising and to see our follicles growing. Then when one follicle reaches about 16-22mm wide, its big enough and we are ready to release the egg from the follicle. Problem is, because our hormones are out of whack, a lot of the time we can't produce this LH ourselves so we need to "trigger" it. Problem is that there is no way we can inject LH directly, so we inject with human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). It's also called ovidril or pregnyl depending on the brand. This mimics the LH and causes the egg to release and then we ovulate.
    BUT!! Hcg is also the hormone that you release when you are pregnant!!! So even if you are not pregnant, you can still have pregnancy symptoms as u have hcg in your system!!

After you ovulate your progesterone will rise. This is the hormone that causes your uterine lining to stay nice and thick to implant an embryo and make it stick, but with our stuffed up hormones a lot of the time our progesterone will drop too soon, causing an early period and expelling the egg/embryo before its had time to attach to the uterus. Hence they have prescribed u the progesterone pessaries, to keep your progesterone up. (they can also keep it up with a booster shot of hcg and not the pessaries- like I get)

Does this make sense?? Might need to go through it a few times! I know I did!!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mam83 - I am an IVF girl so definately need more than one egg.
    The one follicle I have the dr thinks may not contain an egg due to its odd shape. I think that is what she said ... I was in shock as they want me to continue for another week plus increase by dose to 150.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one follicle I have the dr thinks may not contain an egg due to its odd shape. I think that is what she said ... I was in shock as they want me to continue for another week plus increase by dose to 150.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post

Oh ok sorry my mistake!! I should have read back a bit!! This thread was started for support for ladies on injections for ovulation induction with IUI or timed intercourse, as there was heaps of threads for clomid and ivf already, but none for us gals who are on injections for insemination or timed bd. Sorry I got confused! The ivf threads have heaps heaps more on injections for egg collections and ivf, I'm not sure if many of us here know much about IVF procedures cause we are not at that stage yet. We are all injecting to get just one egg

In that case it would make sense obviously to keep jabbing to make more eggs! Hope that you get some nice follies with good eggs for collection! Take a look at the IVF section over in the other sections of the site though, I'm sure that there will be loads of people there that know a bit more about it! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Thats great squeak!

Well ****ty results for me, my e2 is 274, so I have to go back for bloods on weds, and hopefully they would have risen or il be upped to 100 again

It has been very quiet on here lately ladies.
    Hey 21!!!

What dose are u on now?? Sorry I've been AWOL for a while! Hope your e2 rises before Wednesday!!

Afm as I said in a post above, I may be cancelled due to overstimulation- 4 follies growing! At least something is happening I guess!! Hopefully one will become dominant!! Fingers crossed!!

Minipolly, how are u going love?? Hope u are ok!!

Others? I know girl x has moved on as well as some others... Anyone else still around?? Thinking of u all!! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumze View Post
    Thanks TLS,

I did it lol I can't tell you how stressed I was
    Now I'm in my pj's lording it like lady makackyack as my DH loves to say!

Have blood test next week to check hormone levels and pregnancy test the week after that but in the meantime I have to insert progesterone suppositories,can't tell you how delightful that is lol buy hay ho!

Now the waiting game begins xxxx
    That's fantastic mumzie!!! Enjoy the 2ww!!! :0!!! When is your progesterone check??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tls242 View Post
    Grr missed my results phone call again today so don't know levels from the last two days. Nurses message did say things were rising so i guess thats good. Required back for another blood test sat. Still no ultrasound yet so hadn't risen enough!

How did the iui go today mumze?
    How was the u/s today 21?
    Frustrating!!! Hope things improve this week for u tls!! Keep jabbing!! xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Tls that is great news!! You are doing iui I am assuming? Yay for the tww!!! Hope my e2 levels are that high soon!

Squeak, so sorry to hear! I know what it is like to have a cycle cancelled! But mine was because mine follies were just not growing!

I am currently waiting my results, will give you all an update
    Hi! Yep iui tomorrow! Excited!
    Hope your levels go up!!!