Closed Thread
Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Update!! Rang clinic bak cause I started to think, why would they start me on Saturday when she originally said day 2! She said there was no note of that in my file so they will count today as day 4!! Start jabbing tonight!!!! Yay!!
    That is excellent news Mam congrats!!! Yay for jabbing, hope your stubborn ovaries wake up and pop out an egg for you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such great news mam!!

I got bad news today. My e is not doing anything so i have to go in tomorrow and they are adding another drug in, what could this be?!? In such a dark place at the moment :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awesome news, Mam!

21andtrying - I don't know what drug it could be, but I hope someone else can help. How frustrating for you! It's such an emotional rollercoaster, isn't it? Hope you can take it easy tonight and have a quiet evening. Sounds like you could do with a nice cup of tea (glass of wine??) and a bath, or something similarly relaxing! Keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Such great news mam!!

I got bad news today. My e is not doing anything so i have to go in tomorrow and they are adding another drug in, what could this be?!? In such a dark place at the moment :'(
    Oh sweetie I'm so sorry!!! No idea what it would be!!?? They are not
    Going to increase the FSH?? :-(
    Let us know how you go tomorrow!!
    :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    No im not sure maybe metformin?? Im not on that yet :s what does that exactly do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    No im not sure maybe metformin?? Im not on that yet :s what does that exactly do??
    I was wondering if it was metformin. U have PCOS dont u?? Sometimes metformin can make u ovulate and have cycles on your own. It increases your ability to utilize the insulin in your body. They have found with PCOS that many women are insulin resistant, they need to produce more and more insulin to get their blood glucose (sugars) in a normal range. And all this extra insulin is supposed to be a big factor in the production of the male hormones and stuffing your other hormones up... Hence polycystic ovaries. Even in non insulin resistant women it can work to stabilise hormones. I'm not insulin resistant but got 2 semi AFs when I first started metformin. Which is VERY rare for me, I never get any AF on my own! It can increase your chances of ovulating while on clomid, no doubt it can increase your chances if u are injecting too...

I'm not sure why they would just start it midway through the cycle though, usually they start it well in advance. My doc got me to start 6 months ago..?? We shall see tomorrow!! Let us know!!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Metformin can also (through the ways mentioned above) help you to lose weight. I'm taking it too, even though my weight is within the healthy range. My FS explained that some women's bodies are designed to ovulate at a very low weight - almost underweight - and that while he wasn't advocating losing much weight at all, it can sometimes help the process along and make your body more sensitive to the hormones you're taking. (I don't have PCOS, although have had polycystic ovaries before - if that makes sense).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahahahahhaha oh girls you will never guess!!!!! AF arrived with A VENGEANCE this morning!!! But I started injecting last night!!! Aaaahahahahahahahaha!!!

I should have listened to u 21andtrying! Hopefully it will be fine, my FS said to start taking it as soon as my period came so I'm sure 6 hours won't make a difference... And I was spotting for days anyway... Will probably have to inject for extra days anyway cause of my stubborn ovaries!! I will give them a call..

How did u go today 21andtrying????

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha oh well mam at least she came

So went to the clinic today and im not on metformin, they gave me a HCG shot. I will also have one on sunday. Its aparently used as an absorber for the gonal f, just a booster they reckon, so fingers crossed it works.

Now hearing about the metformin i want to go on it. Is it only a script? I might ask when i go in on monday.

How are the rest of you coping? Any side effects??

Fingercrossed this cycle is ours!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha oh well mam at least she came

So went to the clinic today and im not on metformin, they gave me a HCG shot. I will also have one on sunday. Its aparently used as an absorber for the gonal f, just a booster they reckon, so fingers crossed it works.

Now hearing about the metformin i want to go on it. Is it only a script? I might ask when i go in on monday.

How are the rest of you coping? Any side effects??

Fingercrossed this cycle is ours!! Xx
    Yeah it's just tablets. They say 1500mg -2000mg is the ideal dose. But u have to go up slowly, you can get a lot of terrible gastric upsets when u first start it. Many ppl have to run to the loo a lot-they call them "metformin moments". :-) I'm sure they will give it to u. It's actually primarily a diabetic medication, so your GP can prescribe it too, as long as they are up to date on the PCOS literature!

Go for the slow release tablets and take them after dinner, to minimize the side effects. They usually start u on 500 for a few weeks, 1000 for a fee weeks etc. I can't handle more than 1500! FS said that was fine though.

Ah HCG!!! Of course!!! Hopefully that will get things moving for u!! Fingers crossed!!!

How is the jabbing going minipolly?? Had my first one last night, it was like riding a bike!! Haha

Xoxo