Closed Thread
Page 44 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Oh and mam good idea with still doing oi, they gave us that choice to do iui but one its very expensive and two if its just ovulation thing then I believe natural is better for you
    I don't know that there is anything bad for you with IUI, all they do is wash the sperm and put it into the uterus using a catheter, just feels like a pap smear. Our FS encourages us to also BD that night after the IUI to make us feel connected rather than being so clinical. But as for being natural, all it does is place the sperm closer to the egg which I think can only be a good thing
    Sorry AF hasn't arrived yet, isn't it so annoying when you want it, it never shows!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumze good for you doing the injections yourself! The first one is so hard, but after that it isn't too bad.

tls good luck for your first jab, you will be fine hun

I had been quite happy with how my temperatures had been going, but it dropped a bit this morning and I have had some cramping today so I have a really bad feeling that AF might arrive later in the week. It wasn't a big drop, went from 36.79 to 36.62, so still plenty high enough but the rest of the time it had been constantly increasing. I also was in the most awful bad mood today. Does anyone else get terrible moods in the TWW? This is the first time I have noticed I have been SO grumpy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic! Your put that perfectly hun! problem is no one is actually telling me anything at the clinic which is a pain!
    Will definitely save that to my PC for future reference!

Thanks heaps babes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Mumze good for you doing the injections yourself! The first one is so hard, but after that it isn't too bad.

tls good luck for your first jab, you will be fine hun

I had been quite happy with how my temperatures had been going, but it dropped a bit this morning and I have had some cramping today so I have a really bad feeling that AF might arrive later in the week. It wasn't a big drop, went from 36.79 to 36.62, so still plenty high enough but the rest of the time it had been constantly increasing. I also was in the most awful bad mood today. Does anyone else get terrible moods in the TWW? This is the first time I have noticed I have been SO grumpy!
    It was so bad it was bordering making me feel Ill, good job my mates a nurse who was happy to help! lol
    I'm getting to be ok about doing it now,but its hurting now and i do bleed a little afterwards,just wondering if its down to bad technique?

TLS - How you getting on hun??

MINIPOLLY2B - Don't know much about the temp thing hun but maybe the grumps is through stress ay babes,fingers crossed for you babes! will be thinking of you honey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    I don't know that there is anything bad for you with IUI, all they do is wash the sperm and put it into the uterus using a catheter, just feels like a pap smear. Our FS encourages us to also BD that night after the IUI to make us feel connected rather than being so clinical. But as for being natural, all it does is place the sperm closer to the egg which I think can only be a good thing
    Sorry AF hasn't arrived yet, isn't it so annoying when you want it, it never shows!!
    Hi Babes,
    Think thats a lovely way to go after the IUI, as then if you get pregnant you could always think you both did it without any help ay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    And as for what you call AIH which we all call IUI which stands for intra uterine insemination. They will time your trigger shot, get DH to make a deposit and then they wash the sperm and make it all nice (not exactly sure of what thy do to it) and about 36 hours after the trigger they will bring u into the clinic, insert a catheter up your vagina, through your cervix, up into the uterus and inject the sperm through the catheter directly into your womb, where it will travel down quickly through the tubes and hopefully find the egg and fertilize it!! Procedure usually only takes half an hour or so, a bit uncomfortable but usually not too bad! This way the sperm starts past your vagina and cervix- a lot of sperm are lost in those areas normally, especially of you have hostile cervical mucous (cm).

Does that make sense??

Mam xoxo

Hiya Mam,

Thanks for that babes x
    The reason why I call it AIH is because thats what the clinic call it,mainly because its using my husbands magic lol

Who does the insemination, nurse or consultant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no ladies I think I have worded that so so wrong! I do not in anyway think its unnatural! It's making the sperm closer which is always a plus side! I did mean it to be very clinical, but in saying that have never done IUI myself, just what you hear!

Well for me still no AF, if she doesn't show by tomorrow I am going to call them as it has been a week since I stopped the pill. Worse think is I feel it all the time, but nothing ever there. *sigh* I just want to start already!

Hope we are all doing well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Oh no ladies I think I have worded that so so wrong! I do not in anyway think its unnatural! It's making the sperm closer which is always a plus side! I did mean it to be very clinical, but in saying that have never done IUI myself, just what you hear!

Well for me still no AF, if she doesn't show by tomorrow I am going to call them as it has been a week since I stopped the pill. Worse think is I feel it all the time, but nothing ever there. *sigh* I just want to start already!

Hope we are all doing well!!
    Don't worry 21andtrying, all good
    I agree it is very clinical but we do make sure we BD later that night and it feels better.
    How annoying Af still isn't here!! Hope she arrives soon so you can get started!

My temp was back up slightly to 36.66 today but I have had spotting and cramping
    Frustrating because I know that can be a sign of AF coming soon or it can be a sign of implantation!! Arrggh the waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed its a good thing minipolly!! Well af finally showed so off for bloods tomorrow and then id say we start on gonal f maybe thursday. It will be interesting what they start me on this time

Hows everyone elses jabbing going? And what are some of your doses? I went up to 100 before but that was my cancelled cycle so I don't know what they will do this time :s

Baby dust to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just wanted to check back in. I've been on 14 day of FSH injections increasing from 12.5 per day to 75 currently. Follicles are slow to grow, biggest is 7mm but having another scan tomorrow. Can anyone tell me when are the cases that they cancel a cycle? What happens if you have 5+ follicles that have matured. I keep hearing the cycle is cancelled but what does this mean? Do they remove them (how?), do the leave them there (what does that do?), what happens next and how do you prepare for the next round if that happens? Thanks in advance for your guidance! Fingers crossed I have 1-2 beauties coming up tomorrow!