Closed Thread
Page 43 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1239
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    I agree tls!! I still havn't got AF. I was on the pill for 10 days then she said it would take 2 - 3 days after for her to show, today is day 3 and I don't really feel much. I just want to be able to call tomorrow and start all again! This wait is just as ad as the tww im going crazy taking trips to the toilet all the time to check
    Haha I am the same! I feel something then off to the loo to check! I thought I was excited about starting oi/iui but maybe I'm a little nervous?

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hiya Minipolli2b,

    Ill have to ask about the ICSI, or even ask how their going to do the AIH,not even sure who does it!? lol the probelem I'm finding unless you know then you won't be told,bit of a pain really!
    I'm in Western Australia hun, I'll have to pay $1472.70 but my OOF would be around $820 to $954, still getting my head around all the medicare thing as I'm origianaly from the UK.
    Ok, AF started last Thursay, had my bloods taken on Fri and was Pro- 5.1 E-less than 150 LH-3.9 and FSH 4.6 then had to go back in on Sat and they wanted Pro to drop more whcih droppped to 3.4 (think it was the Pro,either that or it was the Estrogen) lol i was so stressed!!
    Anyhow I started the Gonel F on the Sat and boy was I stressed LOL ended up calling my friend to do it! Have been doing myself now,but I still really don't like it! The dosage I'm on is 37.5 and have been told to go back for another blood test on Thursday!
    They've also given me a script for Progesterone 200 mg Pessaries can someone tell me what their for please? Keep hearing about trigger shots, what are they and for?

    Am now going to try and catch up with all the posts,wish me luck as I do think about you all and like to know how your all doing!!

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumze View Post
    Hiya Minipolli2b,

    Ill have to ask about the ICSI, or even ask how their going to do the AIH,not even sure who does it!? lol the probelem I'm finding unless you know then you won't be told,bit of a pain really!
    I'm in Western Australia hun, I'll have to pay $1472.70 but my OOF would be around $820 to $954, still getting my head around all the medicare thing as I'm origianaly from the UK.
    Ok, AF started last Thursay, had my bloods taken on Fri and was Pro- 5.1 E-less than 150 LH-3.9 and FSH 4.6 then had to go back in on Sat and they wanted Pro to drop more whcih droppped to 3.4 (think it was the Pro,either that or it was the Estrogen) lol i was so stressed!!
    Anyhow I started the Gonel F on the Sat and boy was I stressed LOL ended up calling my friend to do it! Have been doing myself now,but I still really don't like it! The dosage I'm on is 37.5 and have been told to go back for another blood test on Thursday!
    They've also given me a script for Progesterone 200 mg Pessaries can someone tell me what their for please? Keep hearing about trigger shots, what are they and for?

    Am now going to try and catch up with all the posts,wish me luck as I do think about you all and like to know how your all doing!!
    Hey mumze!!

    Ok I will try to explain its a bit to wrap your head around!
    A women who's body works properly and releases an egg every month starts off with low hormones as the progesterone drops and causes the lining to shed (AF), then in the first 14 days of the cycle, the pituitary (in your brain) releases a hormone called follicle stimulating hormone. This makes a few follicles (with an egg in each one) start growing in the ovaries... The follicles have to grow and the egg needs to reach maturity to release (ovulate) Having these follicles growing makes them release estrogen, so as you get closer to ovulation, your estrogen rises and rises until it reaches a peak. Usually only one follicle matures and grows enough to release an egg. Normally then when the follie is ready the body releases lutenising hormone (LH) which causes the egg to fully mature and the follicle releases the egg into the Fallopian tube ready for fertilisation.

    So to summarise, no follicles will grow without FSH and no egg will release without LH. So when no or too little FSH is released we need to take gonal f which is FSH. So we take this to grow the follicle with the egg inside, then we have bloods and scans to make sure our estrogen is rising and to see our follicles growing. Then when one follicle reaches about 16-22mm wide, its big enough and we are ready to release the egg from the follicle. Problem is, because our hormones are out of whack, a lot of the time we can't produce this LH ourselves so we need to "trigger" it. Problem is that there is no way we can inject LH directly, so we inject with human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). It's also called ovidril or pregnyl depending on the brand. This mimics the LH and causes the egg to release and then we ovulate.
    BUT!! Hcg is also the hormone that you release when you are pregnant!!! So even if you are not pregnant, you can still have pregnancy symptoms as u have hcg in your system!!

    After you ovulate your progesterone will rise. This is the hormone that causes your uterine lining to stay nice and thick to implant an embryo and make it stick, but with our stuffed up hormones a lot of the time our progesterone will drop too soon, causing an early period and expelling the egg/embryo before its had time to attach to the uterus. Hence they have prescribed u the progesterone pessaries, to keep your progesterone up. (they can also keep it up with a booster shot of hcg and not the pessaries- like I get)

    Does this make sense?? Might need to go through it a few times! I know I did!!! Xoxo

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

    Guest654  (26-03-2012),Mumze  (27-03-2012),tls242  (26-03-2012)

  5. #424
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumze View Post
    Hiya Minipolli2b,

    Ill have to ask about the ICSI, or even ask how their going to do the AIH,not even sure who does it!? lol the probelem I'm finding unless you know then you won't be told,bit of a pain really!
    I'm in Western Australia hun, I'll have to pay $1472.70 but my OOF would be around $820 to $954, still getting my head around all the medicare thing as I'm origianaly from the UK.
    Ok, AF started last Thursay, had my bloods taken on Fri and was Pro- 5.1 E-less than 150 LH-3.9 and FSH 4.6 then had to go back in on Sat and they wanted Pro to drop more whcih droppped to 3.4 (think it was the Pro,either that or it was the Estrogen) lol i was so stressed!!
    Anyhow I started the Gonel F on the Sat and boy was I stressed LOL ended up calling my friend to do it! Have been doing myself now,but I still really don't like it! The dosage I'm on is 37.5 and have been told to go back for another blood test on Thursday!
    They've also given me a script for Progesterone 200 mg Pessaries can someone tell me what their for please? Keep hearing about trigger shots, what are they and for?

    Am now going to try and catch up with all the posts,wish me luck as I do think about you all and like to know how your all doing!!
    And as for what you call AIH which we all call IUI which stands for intra uterine insemination. They will time your trigger shot, get DH to make a deposit and then they wash the sperm and make it all nice (not exactly sure of what thy do to it) and about 36 hours after the trigger they will bring u into the clinic, insert a catheter up your vagina, through your cervix, up into the uterus and inject the sperm through the catheter directly into your womb, where it will travel down quickly through the tubes and hopefully find the egg and fertilize it!! Procedure usually only takes half an hour or so, a bit uncomfortable but usually not too bad! This way the sperm starts past your vagina and cervix- a lot of sperm are lost in those areas normally, especially of you have hostile cervical mucous (cm).

    Does that make sense??

    Mam xoxo

  6. #425
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Hi tls!

    I know I was the same when I first started, but look into the future and it makes it all worth it!

    Well still no AF for ne, I have been cramping and headaches for the past 3 days and killer back today so lets hope today is the day!

    So sick of waiting! And im so moody, just as bad as on gonal f!! Haha

  7. #426
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Oh and mam good idea with still doing oi, they gave us that choice to do iui but one its very expensive and two if its just ovulation thing then I believe natural is better for you

  8. #427
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Oh and mam good idea with still doing oi, they gave us that choice to do iui but one its very expensive and two if its just ovulation thing then I believe natural is better for you
    Thanks 21andtrying! I do worry though as I keep having to up the dose, I hope I don't get resistant to the drugs and then won't be able to do either normal oi or oi with IUI!! Hopefully will be ok. It's a tough call as IUI increases your chances of conception, and it i don't believe it's unnatural or anything, but if I should be falling naturally I want to give myself a few more cycles first!!

    Dont worry I'm sure AF is on the way!! Then it's back to the roller coaster!! Are u doing anything different this time?? Diet/exercise or anything?? What was your max dose last time?? Last cycle I didn't grow the follies on less than 100 units!!
    Hope it goes much better this time!! Xoxo

  9. #428
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Hi tls!

    I know I was the same when I first started, but look into the future and it makes it all worth it!

    Well still no AF for ne, I have been cramping and headaches for the past 3 days and killer back today so lets hope today is the day!

    So sick of waiting! And im so moody, just as bad as on gonal f!! Haha
    Sorry no af for you! What a pain!
    Unfortunately she's finally shown up for me, this morning I had the worst cramps I think I've ever had! It just keeps getting worse being off the pill. All the years of never having any issues I'm definately making up for it now! This month I hardly thought about the fact that it's another month that I didn't get pregnant as I was so keen for af to actually show up. So I guess that's a plus!
    But on a better note, I have my first nurses appoint on wed morning! Eek! Thankgod I don't have to wait long!

    Anyone else starting to inject this week?

    I'm preying that everything goes well with my first cycle. Hopefully my body does what it's told hehe.

    Fx for you all!

  10. #429
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tls242 View Post
    Sorry no af for you! What a pain!
    Unfortunately she's finally shown up for me, this morning I had the worst cramps I think I've ever had! It just keeps getting worse being off the pill. All the years of never having any issues I'm definately making up for it now! This month I hardly thought about the fact that it's another month that I didn't get pregnant as I was so keen for af to actually show up. So I guess that's a plus!
    But on a better note, I have my first nurses appoint on wed morning! Eek! Thankgod I don't have to wait long!

    Anyone else starting to inject this week?

    I'm preying that everything goes well with my first cycle. Hopefully my body does what it's told hehe.

    Fx for you all!
    Hey tls!! When do u start jabbing?? I started last night so have my first bloods on Friday. Doubt 75 units will do anything for me though!! We shall see! I am having acupuncture now maybe it will help..???
    Yeah wait till you start getting real AF regularly!! Get used to the cramps!! Haha!! Good thing was that u were on the pill and getting a regular period! I can't take the pill it makes me go psycho so I always had to put up with provera every few months to bring one on!

  11. #430
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Hey tls!! When do u start jabbing?? I started last night so have my first bloods on Friday. Doubt 75 units will do anything for me though!! We shall see! I am having acupuncture now maybe it will help..???
    Yeah wait till you start getting real AF regularly!! Get used to the cramps!! Haha!! Good thing was that u were on the pill and getting a regular period! I can't take the pill it makes me go psycho so I always had to put up with provera every few months to bring one on!
    Well I guess I'll start wed? I'm assuming the nurse will show me how etc? They are doing a blood test wed as well. Then that's all I know so far. Just can't wait for the appoint to work everything out. I hate not knowing!
    Fx the 75 works for you!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Injections Support Thread #2
    By GBA85 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 929
    Last Post: 28-01-2014, 19:12
  2. Support Thread for Circumcision
    By jkate in forum Pro-Circumcision
    Replies: 395
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 14:15
  3. TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #2
    By earthfairy in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1195
    Last Post: 13-03-2012, 14:51

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Billington Street
For stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!