Closed Thread
Page 42 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Meant to say it all depends on your Medicare safety net thing as well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for AF mam, for a while there I thought we could be cycle buddies! Im just waiting now for her to show her head and like you I just want to start jabbing again!!

The doctors did the same with me with the dose, the reason they said was because your body reacts differently to every cycle and they would rather up the dose than have you over stimulate and have to cancel the cycle. Its better that way and your body takes it better

How are we all doing, Girl X, minipolly?? Any good news?

I can not wait to get back into this! And surprisingly neither can hubby!! Yay!! Although hopefully mood swings arn't bad this time! How bad has some of your side affects been ladies?

Welcome to all the new ones long story cut short we cancelled our last cycle after 30 days jabbing and have now had a 6 - 8 week break, now back in the game hopefully this will be everyones month! We do need a bfp soon!! Still can not believe we havn't had one!

Buby dust to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    21andtrying any AF yet? When are you expecting her to come? Yay how exciting onto a new cycle!!

Hi Mumze, sorry to hear your DH's Halo test came back abnormal, but hopefully the IUI does the trick and you won't need ivf. If you do, they may do a procedure called ICSI where they inject the sperm directly into the egg, they do this when there are sperm issues present. What dose gonal f are you on? And which state are you in? I am in SA, and my FS charges out of pocket costs (after medicare) of around $2100.
    Has AF arrived and have you started jabbing yet?

lee good luck with your appt on monday, that sounds like a good amh result doesnt it? Let us know how you go!

tls has AF arrived yet? I know this wont help much as I am in SA, but my FSH+IUI cycles cost us $1370 up front and we get half that back from medicare so end up out of pocket around $700.

mam yay for AF!!! good luck starting tomorrow, I am not sure about the dose thing, mine was altered as well so not sure why. Maybe they just like to start off a bit lower and gradually increase it?

Wow lots going on with us all!
    AFM I am getting pretty impatient with this TWW and going crazy symptom spotting lol.
    8DPO for me and still have very sore boobs and very tired, but I guess this can still be the trigger shot?
    Urrrghh hurry up!

Baby dust all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Minipolly! How exciting!!! When will you test?

Still no AF for me slight spotting but nothing much yet

How about everyone else?

Baby dust to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Hi Minipolly! How exciting!!! When will you test?
    My FS doesn't want me to test until 16 days past trigger which is next Saturday 31st .... not sure I can wait that long though!!! I might test Friday morning so if it is +ve I can get a blood test the same day rather than waiting all weekend. Eeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    My FS doesn't want me to test until 16 days past trigger which is next Saturday 31st .... not sure I can wait that long though!!! I might test Friday morning so if it is +ve I can get a blood test the same day rather than waiting all weekend. Eeek!
    It's so frustrating isn't it!! I hate it!! Especially the days before and after your period is due!! I go CRAZY!!!!

Had a big chat to DH the other day. After all that we have decided not to do IUI just yet and have a third shot at the natural way. Reasoning, partly financial, we have the last bit of the wedding still to pay off, and other than the ovulation thing, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to get pregnant the old fashioned way... I'm also going to book an appointment and ask her about ovarian drilling as an option and perhaps another tube check just for peace of mind.
    Plus I'm going to be taking better care of myself, eating better and going back to the gym and doing some exercise. I'm also going to an acupuncturist to help fertility, and also going to a chiro to start to improve my terrible posture.

It's so hard to be patient when you just want that baby in your arms! And it's so hard to stay sane! It's so easy for us to get caught up in depression and I imagine a lot of us have issues with ourselves. I know I carry a lot of blame and guilt towards myself for not being able to conceive a child. And because I have had PCOS as long as I can remember, I have grown up expecting to have fertility problems, and with that came a lot of ill feelings towards myself and especially towards my body not working properly.
    When a cycle fails I find I blame myself and those feelings get worse, and that leads to increased stress and pressure which decreases my chances more anyway!!!

So I am determined to find a way to handle this better!! I am not normally a sad person!! But this all makes me a sad person!! I refuse to be sad anymore!! Next time when AF comes I am going to celebrate what I do have, and appreciate the fact that I have AF as I so rarely do, and move on more easily without dwelling!! And start coping better with this!!

Sorry for that, don't know where that came from, I just don't want this to define who I am. I am not a person that spends all her time and effort trying to conceive! I am a person with a wonderful life, who happens to be going through a few fertility issues at the moment! I need to remember that more!!

Thinking of u ladies at the end of the 2ww!! Try not to let it rule your life!! Xoxoxooxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello everyone

Sorry I've been away for a bit - I hadn't spotted updates to this thread, and noticed today that there have been heaps!

Mam - well said! I completely understand where you're coming from too. It's easy to get wrapped up in all of this, and let it become everything that life is about. Cost per cycle of IUI for me is around $700, and we get $500 back from Medicare.

Minipolly - How are you doing? You are more patient than me. I have given myself permission to test any day from tomorrow onwards! I've never had a false positive by testing early - it's always been negative, so I'd be hopeful (although wary) if I did see a positive.

tls242 - Hello! Yes, I'm on Metformin too. Bit of a strange one. I don't have PCOS, and I'm not overweight, but FS said that I was essentially on it as a 'weight loss drug' as 'some people's bodies are designed to ovulate when they are at a very low weight, and you might be one of them'. He said that even if it helps me lose a kg or 2 (and I don't want/ need to lose too much) then it may help. So far I have to say I don't think I have lost any! Especially as he recommended cutting down on the amount of exercise I was doing, which I've embraced a little toooo whole heartedly...

In answer to your other question, I don't have any blood tests per cycle. I have 1 ultrasound at the start, one before trigger (and sometimes a 2nd one later if I wasn't ready to trigger) and that's it.

We're starting IVF next time if this cycle doesn't work, and have been told it's $3500 per cycle, although I would expect to get a lot of that back through Medicare/ Private health fund.

21andtrying - Any AF yet? Hope you can get going with things soon.

Mumze - Fingers crossed for you!

Lee - Let us know how it all goes for you on Monday.

AFM - Not sure how sane I am staying. Now 9 days post IUI (10 post trigger). No symptoms, except yesterday I had a bit of a meltdown.

Of all the stupid things, we sat next to a mother with a newborn at a stage show we went to. DH was talking to her, I was looking at the baby, and out of nowhere I started crying. Luckily she didn't see me, and I pretended to be very interested in the contents of my handbag for a while! Had a bit of an emotional day - which made me think it was PMT - which made me more upset.

This has happened every month so far - the early 'PMT' feelings, so I'm guessing this might not be our month. If it's not then we are having next month off, and then will start IVF in May.

We have various trips away planned for this year, so I am consoling myself with thoughts of cocktails and holidays!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well this is killing me! Come on af! I just want to call that nurse and book in and get started! Still just spotting for me. I wait till its real af before I call the nurse dont I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree tls!! I still havn't got AF. I was on the pill for 10 days then she said it would take 2 - 3 days after for her to show, today is day 3 and I don't really feel much. I just want to be able to call tomorrow and start all again! This wait is just as ad as the tww im going crazy taking trips to the toilet all the time to check

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey tls and 21andtrying!!

Hang in there, last time I took provera for 10 days it took 10 days for my period to show!! And I called my FS, had bloods, estrogen and progesterone were in my boots so we started treatment thinking af wasnt coming, and THEN AF came!! Be patient!!! Xoxoxo