Closed Thread
Page 37 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba124 View Post
    Hey all, just a quick update from me. Called the fs first thing mon morn to discuss the dye test. They happily wrote me out a referral and then about 30 mins later called back and said that my recent smear test had come back abnormal. I have been booked in for a colopsy (not sure of spelling) on mon and possible biopsy and treatment if required. I'm freaking out!! Monday feels so far away. I have never had an abnormal smear and are religious with them this one was even 8 months early. Im praying it's nothing too serious and I'll be injecting before I know it but I'm just don't know at this point not sure if anyone has experienced this?

A lady has just sat next to me on the train with a tiny new born I'm having a crappy week.
    Hi Simba - sorry to hear of your result, while you are trying so hard to make a baby I had an abnormal smear result a few years ago, and was referred for a colposcopy and biopsy. It was not too bad for me, they just pop you up on a bed with stirrups and use a speculum the same as a pap smear. Then they use a little insert with a tiny set of picers at the end to grab a biopsy sample of the cervix. You can't feel much because there are no (or very few) nerves in the cervix, but pressure or touching the cervix can cause you to feel nauseous. My cervix was fine and biopsy came back clear. I wish you a clear result too so you can move on to injectables!

PS I know how you feel when you see a new born baby..not easy I was recently my sisters birth support. Her gorgeous little boy is about 6 weeks old now. However, I think it was easier being my sister as I just felt really happy for her, and I still get to enjoy my nephew I find it harder when I see strangers with babies... *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Thanks Lee that makes sense, maybe 75 should be my starting dose next time. Will see in the morning . On Tuesday CD10 my follie was 12mm, so still a long way to go yet!
    12mm is not too bad, minipolly. I think you will get there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    12mm is not too bad, minipolly. I think you will get there!
    Thanks hun, that's good to hear, sometimes just need some reassurance I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just wanted to drop in and say hello. Just came on to Bub Hub for the first time tonight after being on the competitions website. This forum is EXACTLY what I've been looking for and it's great to see everyone there supporting one another. Grateful if I can join the clan - a but about me: TTC for 12 months, I'm 26, hubby is 28. I'm PCOS, on metformin and had to cancel clomid during my third cycle when I had visual distortions. Just moved to IUI - tonight was my first jab very proud of myself actually! My AMH levels were SUPER high at 325, yes, over three hundred. Therefore I'm on 12.5 ml of Gonal F. First scan on Friday (after only two days of injections because I'm high risk for OHSS). Would be great to hear stories of any of you out there in a similar boat and how you've gone. Otherwise, happy if anyone wants to be a jabbing buddy with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mbride View Post
    Hi ladies, just wanted to drop in and say hello. Just came on to Bub Hub for the first time tonight after being on the competitions website. This forum is EXACTLY what I've been looking for and it's great to see everyone there supporting one another. Grateful if I can join the clan - a but about me: TTC for 12 months, I'm 26, hubby is 28. I'm PCOS, on metformin and had to cancel clomid during my third cycle when I had visual distortions. Just moved to IUI - tonight was my first jab very proud of myself actually! My AMH levels were SUPER high at 325, yes, over three hundred. Therefore I'm on 12.5 ml of Gonal F. First scan on Friday (after only two days of injections because I'm high risk for OHSS). Would be great to hear stories of any of you out there in a similar boat and how you've gone. Otherwise, happy if anyone wants to be a jabbing buddy with me!
    Hi mbride!!! Welcome!!! Our little thread is becoming larger and larger!! It's great!!

WOW!!! 12.5!!! Haha this cycle it took me 100 just to get one egg!! Haha!!
    Yeah jabbing is not so bad, very soon u will be a total pro!!!

So exciting!! Let us know how your scan goes!! I can't believe how low u are starting on! Hope it does the trick and u don't have to up it too much!!

Take care and welcome once again to the forum!!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome mbride

This is definitely a great thread for where you are. Well done on your first jab, it's the hardest. They are not too bad. The trigger is the bugger - stings a bit and gives you preg symptoms.

I just had my AMH test yesterday, so it will be good to have someone on here to compare to. I had been told it would be high (lean pcos here) but I wasn't expecting it to be as high as yours! I guess that's why they put you on 12.5 IU. I start on 75 & sometimes have to up it towards the end.

Good luck with your first FSH cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome mbride! Definitely a superb thread, loads of support in here. Good luck for your first cycle & hope your journey is a short one.

Lee good luck for your AMH, look forward to hearing your results.

AFM I had my scan this morning ..... should have stopped whinging about my slow growing follies ..... I offically have one big ripe juicy dominant follicle at 21mm on my right ovary!!! It was only 12mm on Tuesday morning so it's grown 9mm in 2 days holy cow SO Happy!!! Doing trigger today and IUI tomorrow
    I also have 2 x 14mm follies on my left ovary and 1 x 15mm on my right, but he said these are too small to be affected by the trigger and so will just disappear after the trigger. Is this what you girls have experienced? I guess I'm paranoid about having multiples

Anyway I am in a super great mood now so cross everything for me the IUI works this time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello

Minipolly - Yay for the follicles! We are officially cycle buddies, as I have just triggered today too. I've only ever had 1 follicle at a time, but I'm sure your FS is right, and would not trigger if there was a high risk of multiples.

Mam - How are you feeling? I'm excited for you! Fingers crossed

Mumze - I'm sorry - I don't know anything about the fragmentation thing. I hope your FS can explain though. Have you found out any more?

Simba - So sorry to hear about your abnormal smear, but good that they got to it early and can treat it. I've had a few friends who've had the colposcopy (sp?) for an abnormal smear, and my understanding is that it's not too bad a procedure in itself. A friend recently had more invasive surgery for abnormal cells, and was given the green light to TTC the following month, so hopefully it won't set you back too far.

21andtrying - Have you started the Provera?

Lee - Hope all goes well for you this time around. I've had the AMH test, but it was on the low side for me - 11.4 (from memory). Not low enough to freak out about, but lower than it should be for my age. I didn't know that PCOS caused higher results, but that kind of makes sense. Good you had the test so that your FS can adjust your dose for it.

mbride - Welcome to the thread! Wow - that is a high AMH!! Hope everything goes well for you with the 12.5 dose.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

AFM - saw the FS this morning. Apparently I have a 'beautiful' endometrium! And a perfect follicle on one side, so we have done the trigger shot, and we're going back tomorrow for IUI.

This is our last shot (no pun intended) with the injections, before we start IVF. Keeping everything crossed for this time....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Hello

Minipolly - Yay for the follicles! We are officially cycle buddies, as I have just triggered today too. I've only ever had 1 follicle at a time, but I'm sure your FS is right, and would not trigger if there was a high risk of multiples.

AFM - saw the FS this morning. Apparently I have a 'beautiful' endometrium! And a perfect follicle on one side, so we have done the trigger shot, and we're going back tomorrow for IUI.

This is our last shot (no pun intended) with the injections, before we start IVF. Keeping everything crossed for this time....
    YAY GirlX cycle buddies!!
    Hoping for BFP's in 2 weeks time for us both!! Especially as this is your last IUI, I really hope it works for you. What size was your follie? Do they tell you how thick your endo was? Mine is 9mm which he said is great.
    How exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Welcome mbride! Definitely a superb thread, loads of support in here. Good luck for your first cycle & hope your journey is a short one.

Lee good luck for your AMH, look forward to hearing your results.

AFM I had my scan this morning ..... should have stopped whinging about my slow growing follies ..... I offically have one big ripe juicy dominant follicle at 21mm on my right ovary!!! It was only 12mm on Tuesday morning so it's grown 9mm in 2 days holy cow SO Happy!!! Doing trigger today and IUI tomorrow
    I also have 2 x 14mm follies on my left ovary and 1 x 15mm on my right, but he said these are too small to be affected by the trigger and so will just disappear after the trigger. Is this what you girls have experienced? I guess I'm paranoid about having multiples

Anyway I am in a super great mood now so cross everything for me the IUI works this time!!!

Yay!!! I had a feeling it was going to work... When u think about it, around day 12 of a natural cycle is when the estrogen usually rises... Sometimes u just need the extra few days!

Hmm don't be so sure about the 15mm follicle... I started to surge on my own this month with a 15!!! And when u think about it, when u trigger it's still another 36 hours. Does the trigger completely halt the growth process?? I thought the trigger just matures it, could quite possibly grow a bit more too... It's quite possible that it may be a multiple follicle cycle!! :-)

Afm - still plodding along, don't think this cycle is the one... Just have a feeling.. Ah well try try again!!

Thinking of u girls!! Hope the 2ww's are ok!!!! Xpxox