Closed Thread
Page 36 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling sad :*(

Hi Guys,

I know I shouldn't complain as I know I've had it easy so far compared to you guys,But,have had the lab call me today with regards to DH's Halo DNA Fragmentation test. Although they didn't give me figures which is a pain as it feels like getting blood from a stone,they did say it was abnormal and said their going to pass on the details to my FS.

So now what? I am planned to have my tracking when AF happens which should be around the 24th then start Gonal F then have AIH,so now I'm completely confused,would it not be better to just go straight into IVF???
    anyone had any experience on this one??

Thanks in advance guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumze View Post
    Hi Guys,

I know I shouldn't complain as I know I've had it easy so far compared to you guys,But,have had the lab call me today with regards to DH's Halo DNA Fragmentation test. Although they didn't give me figures which is a pain as it feels like getting blood from a stone,they did say it was abnormal and said their going to pass on the details to my FS.

So now what? I am planned to have my tracking when AF happens which should be around the 24th then start Gonal F then have AIH,so now I'm completely confused,would it not be better to just go straight into IVF???

Thanks in advance guys
    No idea about that test! Don't worry about it till u talk to your FS about it! No point stressing when it could be nothing...
    If u can't help worrying though, maybe ask some of the girls in the ivf threads?? They will probably know more about those tests..??? Hope it's nothing!! And besides sometimes two different sperm samples can be completely different depending on how the health was 3 month ago (takes 3 months for body to finish producing sperm).

Minipolly, yeah it's strange that he won't up the dose. That's where they all differ though. I have only had one scan per cycle so far, as they closely monitor estrogen levels first- if it's not high enough they won't even scan! And although I hate all the needles! I feel very closely checked on! And then when estrogen starts to go up they scan. This cycle on 100 units they thought I might have overstimulated cause estrogen was so high... But nope just one nice follie!!

Hey 21andtrying!! First cycle started on 75 and had to up to 87.5 and then 2nd cycle started alternate 75/87.5 and then had to up to 100 units... Hope I don't have to go up again next cycle!!! Seems to be the pattern!

Afm - sorry if tmi, but today I have had thick cm, looked like a glob of moisturizing cream! Never had that before...
    Day 11 post ovulation now so now is when I start to get a bit more anxious and look for signs... Gotta not get my hopes up!! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, just a quick update from me. Called the fs first thing mon morn to discuss the dye test. They happily wrote me out a referral and then about 30 mins later called back and said that my recent smear test had come back abnormal. I have been booked in for a colopsy (not sure of spelling) on mon and possible biopsy and treatment if required. I'm freaking out!! Monday feels so far away. I have never had an abnormal smear and are religious with them this one was even 8 months early. Im praying it's nothing too serious and I'll be injecting before I know it but I'm just don't know at this point not sure if anyone has experienced this?

Mumze not sure about that test, sorry never heard of it.
    Good luck with your new cycle 21and trying.
    Mam, I'll be keeping my fx for you, I so hope to see a BFP.

A lady has just sat next to me on the train with a tiny new born I'm having a crappy week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba124 View Post
    Hey all, just a quick update from me. Called the fs first thing mon morn to discuss the dye test. They happily wrote me out a referral and then about 30 mins later called back and said that my recent smear test had come back abnormal. I have been booked in for a colopsy (not sure of spelling) on mon and possible biopsy and treatment if required. I'm freaking out!! Monday feels so far away. I have never had an abnormal smear and are religious with them this one was even 8 months early. Im praying it's nothing too serious and I'll be injecting before I know it but I'm just don't know at this point not sure if anyone has experienced this?

Mumze not sure about that test, sorry never heard of it.
    Good luck with your new cycle 21and trying.
    Mam, I'll be keeping my fx for you, I so hope to see a BFP.

A lady has just sat next to me on the train with a tiny new born I'm having a crappy week.
    Hi simba!! Oh you poor thing!! Try not to worry too much, the majority of those camera things come back negative. That's what's so good about pap smears, they can detect abnormal cells BEFORE they become cancer. Even if u have to have a biopsy and treatment, they (usually) can just either cut out or burn off the part with the bad cells and that's it! A friend of mine recently had a nasty area they they just took the area off, retested and she was fine! It is scary though. Did they tell u to take any pain relief or anything before the test?? Maybe ring and ask about it, she said they were very uncomfortable.

I had an abnormal pap test once years ago, they retested and it was fine. No idea why I wouldn't have gone for a camera test thing but they have always since then come back fine. Have u had the cervical cancer vaccine for hpv??

Let us know how Monday goes!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Lee & Mam I am currently CD11 so have done 10 injections including this morning, the first 5 days I did a dose of 50 and then upped it to 75 after that. Maybe my follies are just slow growers! I need to have more patience, but it's hard (as you would know). I have another scan tomorrow morning so if it is still growing slowly I will ask if I can go up to 87.5 and see what happens.
    Mam no I'm not on metformin, just the gonal f at the moment, along with a multivit, fish oil, coq10 and chromium (for my blood sugar regulation). And I'm pretty sure the AMH is a blood test.

21andtrying good luck for your next cycle, how exciting to be back onto it again!
    If you were only on a dose of 50 for 5 days, I'm not surprised its slow growing. I know everyone responds differently to the stims, but I think 75IU is a pretty common starting point for women like us. Anyways, it can't hurt to ask to put it up again. You didn't say what size your follie was last scan? xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Ah ok, how do they do the AMH test? Just a blood test??
    Hi Mam - yes, it is just a blood test. I'll let you know whatever I find out when I get the results. FS did say that pcos ladies (like us) should have a high result. Which would confirm diagnosis.

You sound like you are doing ok this 2ww - good luck keeping occupied and fingers crossed for a BFP xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumze View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance guys
    Hi Mumze

I think Mam is right, hard as it is, try not to go through too many what ifs until you find out exactly what the results are and what they mean. I know nothing about this particuar test, sorry. Will you be able to speak to FS tomorrow about it?

I want to know why the lab even called you if they cannot give you your results or explain what the abnormal result means? Seems very unfair to do that to you

I hope it is not bad news for you hun xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sdd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    If you were only on a dose of 50 for 5 days, I'm not surprised its slow growing. I know everyone responds differently to the stims, but I think 75IU is a pretty common starting point for women like us. Anyways, it can't hurt to ask to put it up again. You didn't say what size your follie was last scan? xo
    Thanks Lee that makes sense, maybe 75 should be my starting dose next time. Will see in the morning . On Tuesday CD10 my follie was 12mm, so still a long way to go yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mumze I'm not sure about the fragmentation test sorry, my DH hasn't had that one. He had a regular sperm test but it didn't mention fragmentation. Maybe post a thread in the conception issues general section to see if anyone else has had experience in it? Good luck

Mam I did think it was a bit odd that my FS hasn't done any bloods yet but it does seem all the FS are quite different in their methods. Re your CM, I have had this before too and I know it's hormonal but not sure what causes it. I also know it can be a pregnancy symptom not long till you will know now....

Simba that really sux, sorry to hear, and hopefully it means nothing & won't interfere with your TTC journey. All my friends that have had this happen have been completely fine, no cancer. Keep us updated and

Baby dust all