Closed Thread
Page 30 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1239
  1. #291
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    nturnbull- Wow, that's great if the follicles are growing without any help! Keep us posted with how things go.

    Mumze - Welcome! I'm sorry, I don't know what the DHEA or AIH are?? The Gonal F is pretty straightforward. I started off by having DH do it for me, but then he went to work once without doing it, and I had to do it myself. I've done it myself since then. It's really not so bad

    Minipolly- I hope AF stays away for you! I don't know what the pink CM would be, but maybe it could be a good thing...? (Implantation?) Let us know how you get on.

    Mam- That's great news you were able to trigger! Will keep everything crossed for you in the 2ww! In answer to your question - yes, but not as often. And for the last 2 weeks the progesterone pessaries don't help matters!

    AFM - AF came yesterday evening I consoled myself with a wine or 3... Back to jabbing some time next week I guess. The good part is that I wasn't at all hormonal/ periody this cycle, so I skipped some of the nasty part even if it did make me get my hopes up.
    I'm sorry girl x!! It's so bloody hard!!! At least AF is here now and the 2ww is over! I hate it so much!! Wish u well for next cycle!!

    We are not doing well at all with the BFP's ladies!! Totally overdue for one!!!

    Come on minipolly!! We need a first!! ;-) xoxo

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    We are not doing well at all with the BFP's ladies!! Totally overdue for one!!!

    Come on minipolly!! We need a first!! ;-) xoxo
    Lol I wish I could say I would be the first but I don't think I will, the pink CM is now spotting and I have a really bad feeling AF is on the way. If it is I am so disappointed, I thought with 2 good follies we would be in with a chance. I should have learnt by now not to get my hopes up!!


    GirlX sorry to hear that, I think I will be doing same as you with the wine!


    Mam that is awesome news that your follie is growing so well enjoy your BD marathon! We do try to BD regularly even outside the fertile window, our FS said it helps keep DH's swimmers 'fresh' and we enjoy it!

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so upset today AF is here, I did have a bad feeling it was coming, but it makes it even worse that was such a short luteal phase of only 10 days. What does that mean? The follies did take a long time to develop, maybe the eggs were no good?
    Oh well, back to jabbing tomorrow!

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    I'm so upset today AF is here, I did have a bad feeling it was coming, but it makes it even worse that was such a short luteal phase of only 10 days. What does that mean? The follies did take a long time to develop, maybe the eggs were no good?
    Oh well, back to jabbing tomorrow!
    Oh no minipolly!!! Oh I'm so sorry!!! Did u have some sort of progesterone support? If not you might need some progesterone or another booster hcg shot to keep the progesterone up to increase the length of your luteal phase... I'm not sure if it had anything to do with egg quality???

    I know it's so disappointing!! Onto next cycle though, all we can do is try try again!! Xoxoxo

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,276
    Thanks
    3,697
    Thanked
    3,090
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Minipolly - sorry to hear AF has come! I used to have a really short luteal phase, and for me it was caused by the endometrium (lining of womb) being too thin - so it broke down really easily.

    That has been fixed by having progesterone pessaries every night following IUI. My FS said that if I get pregnant then I am to continue taking them for the first trimester too.

    Sometimes it can be low progesterone that causes it to break down too early. Other times I think the cause can be that your follicle doesn't produce enough oestrogen as it grows, so the lining of the womb doesn't thicken up enough. I'm sure there are other reasons too, but in those instances it's not the egg quality - it's just that the lining doesn't get thick enough and breaks down quickly.

    Mam - you are right - we are very overdue a BFP!!

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    41
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies

    So sorry to hear AF arrived Girlx & Minipolly

    Minipolly - I had a 10 day LP the first 2 rounds of stimulated cycles (yes,it took FS 2 cycles before treating it). Mam is right, they should give you something to support your LP, like a booster shot.

    Nturnbull - good luck with your scan

    Mam - already on the 2ww! Good luck girl!! Would be a lovely wedding present... babydust!

    Welcome mumzie! Great thread to be in, especially for your first round. The gonal-f shots are not too bad, you get used to them.

    Hope I didn't miss anybody!

    AFM, I didn't have enough meds left to up my dose. Just enough to get through tonight. So, change of plans! I'm going to try and get in for a scan tomorrow and not bother with new bloods. If the scan shows no decent follies, will have to abandon this cycle. Will tell FS I changed my plans tomorrow when he gets the scan results lol. I figure it's only $80, which I'm willing to gamble after jabbing myself for 17 days!

    Babydust to all


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls for the support. No I didn't have any progesterone support this time, so I think I will ask for some or will see if the FS suggests it. I am not sure why he didn't give me any, he may have wanted to just see what happened?? Anyway, first jab was this morning, starting dose of 50 units of Gonal-F this time, and first progress scan is on Friday (which is quite soon at CD6 but Monday is a public holiday so he wanted to check sooner than next Tues). SO hoping this cycle works, lucky #2 I say!!Lee did you get in for a scan today? Gosh I hope there is a good follie there, good luck! Let us know how you go. What will you do if you abandon this cycle? Are you going to have a break or continue on?Mam what drug did you use to trigger? I have Ovidrel but it is in a different dose from what you mentioned, is yours a different brand?

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    nturnbull- Wow, that's great if the follicles are growing without any help! Keep us posted with how things go.

    Mumze - Welcome! I'm sorry, I don't know what the DHEA or AIH are?? The Gonal F is pretty straightforward. I started off by having DH do it for me, but then he went to work once without doing it, and I had to do it myself. I've done it myself since then. It's really not so bad

    Minipolly- I hope AF stays away for you! I don't know what the pink CM would be, but maybe it could be a good thing...? (Implantation?) Let us know how you get on.

    Mam- That's great news you were able to trigger! Will keep everything crossed for you in the 2ww! In answer to your question - yes, but not as often. And for the last 2 weeks the progesterone pessaries don't help matters!

    AFM - AF came yesterday evening I consoled myself with a wine or 3... Back to jabbing some time next week I guess. The good part is that I wasn't at all hormonal/ periody this cycle, so I skipped some of the nasty part even if it did make me get my hopes up.

    Thanks for your welcome hun!

    sorry its taken so long to reply,its a little difficult for me to work out how to lol have the thread and emails come through to daily email as i thought it would be nice to keep up with everyone,but then Its been a pain trying to locate the posts LOL

    DHEA is (I think) to help with fertility by tricking the chemicals in your brain! AIH is Artificial Insemination with my husbands magic LOL.

    I'm hoping and praying I'll be given the injection pen,rather than the syringe,I'm sure I'll cope,case of having to ay!

    nturnbull- Great news,everything crossed for your net stage! xx
    Minipolly- will be thinking of you xx
    Mam- Well done,everything crossed for you hun xx
    AFM- so sorry hun,its horrid when you build your hopes up and then they crash, had a glass of vitimin C or two for you too hun it always helps. Everything crossed for your net cycle hun xxx

    am hoping all this is going to come out now lol hope i haven't missed anyone,if so i am sorry,i know its a difficult place to be when TTC whilst having treatment,I think your all very strong and brave and are helping me to be strong,so thank you xx

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    41
    Reviews
    0
    Minipolly - really hope it is lucky number 2 for you! We certainly new to start seeing some positives in this thread

    Mumze- good luck with your first cycle.

    Mam- how are you coping so far! Fx

    Girlx- where r u up to hun? Jabbing yet?

    Nturnbull - good luck with growing those follies!

    AFM - I had 4 x 12-13mm follies. No one wanted to take the lead, so we abandon this cycle - what a waste of 17 jabs! I have an appt with FS on Thursday to get a referral & I have made an appt with IVF Aus to see another specialist on 26th March. He is going to review my case and then where to from here I am not quite sure...

    Good luck ladies, I will be following your progress! xoxo


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

  10. #300
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    Minipolly - really hope it is lucky number 2 for you! We certainly new to start seeing some positives in this thread

    Mumze- good luck with your first cycle.

    Mam- how are you coping so far! Fx

    Girlx- where r u up to hun? Jabbing yet?

    Nturnbull - good luck with growing those follies!

    AFM - I had 4 x 12-13mm follies. No one wanted to take the lead, so we abandon this cycle - what a waste of 17 jabs! I have an appt with FS on Thursday to get a referral & I have made an appt with IVF Aus to see another specialist on 26th March. He is going to review my case and then where to from here I am not quite sure...

    Good luck ladies, I will be following your progress! xoxo


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    I'm so sorry lee!! Hopefully this new FS will be great and help u get
    UTD real quick!!

    Minipolly- yeah I use pregnyl, think its just a different type of hcg but the name and doses are different! I have one to trigger and then a week later have one to offer progesterone support. I've never had a cycle without it so I have no idea what my cycle is like without the progesterone support!!????

    Mumze- good luck when u start jabbing. They should give u a pen, either the paragon or gonal f... U will have to draw up the trigger shot in a syringe but the pens are so much easier!

    AFM- officially in 2ww now! The trigger shot was fine at first but now getting pains and my bladder feels like its going to burst all the time!! Guess that would be what pregnancy is like!!?

    Probably going to do IUI next cycle... I'm just not convinced that it's going to happen naturally!! Will have to talk DH into it though... He wants to keep going naturally... But it's me who has to jab myself every day and go through the horrid side effects!!! I want our chances to be as high as they can be!! I don't understand why he is not keen to do IUI!! Is it a male thing?? Haha!!

    I'll try not to bombard u guys with desperate 2ww posts!!! Luckily uni is back and I go back to work next week so hopefully should be a distraction!!

    Thinking of u all!!

    Mam xo


 

Similar Threads

  1. Injections Support Thread #2
    By GBA85 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 929
    Last Post: 28-01-2014, 19:12
  2. Support Thread for Circumcision
    By jkate in forum Pro-Circumcision
    Replies: 395
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 14:15
  3. TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #2
    By earthfairy in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1195
    Last Post: 13-03-2012, 14:51

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
SRC Pregnancy & Recovery Shorts
Want pain relief during pregnancy, and to continue working and exercising? Fancy a speedy recovery after childbirth? Want to regain your pre-baby body shape fast? Recommended by healthcare professionals, SRC compression products will let your body do its most important work.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!