Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh nturnbull big hugs I'm so sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nturnbull1 View Post
    No AF is definitely here!!!

Anyway, on to next month.
    Oh no!!! How disappointing!!! I'm so sorry!!! That sucks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nturnbull - I'm sorry Hope you're doing okay.

How is everyone else doing at the moment?

I'm now on 11DPO, and so far have been doing well. Every day I have pointed out to DH how sane I still am, but last night I think the dreaded 2ww blues started to creep in.

I feel pretty sure this is not the month. Not sure why, but I do. And I know that means only 1 or 2 more cycles before we go to IVF. Part of me even wishes we were going straight to IVF, as I feel as if it's inevitable, and I'd rather not waste any more time when this isn't working.

But I know that's not rational. I've managed to hold off testing so far, which is a good thing! I'm starting to get really angry that some people find it so easy, and I hate feeling this bitter and angry.

Erghh. Sorry for the depressing post. Hope everyone else is doing much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    GirlX - sorry that you are feeling down about your cycle. It is only human to feel the way you do, and you are certainly not alone. This fertility stuff is a roller coaster. My FS always tries to keep me thinking positive - as you know I am up to cycle 7 on FSH so it feels inevitable that the next cycle obviously won't work either but it actually is really important that you keep a positive outlook (at least most of the time). Healthy mind, healthy body. And if it's not this cycle for you, then hopefully it will be the next, but don't give up on this one just yet good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nturnball- dreaded AF. I hope next cycle is the one for you!

Girl X- 11DPO and you havent tested... im impressed with the willpower! But i know how you feel about the feeling down part. I am on my last IUI cycle and am moving to IVF next month. I also feel like ive wasted the last year being poked and prodded for nothing. I really hope that you get a BFP soon.

AFM- sorry been away from the forum ladies. Having a crapy time wth this cycle and have not felt like talking to anyone. My estrogen started going up day 7 then nothing... im day 14 and its only 290, and a whole lot of nothing on the untrasound. Hubby goes away for work on thursday so gonna have to use frozen sperm which loses 50% count and he already has morphology probs- but thats IF I get to the stage of ovulating. So I am pretty much resigned to the fact I will be doing IVF soon. Ive even ordered some books on it.

Sorry for another downer post. I hope some of you ladies are having better luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1xbabyplease View Post
    AFM- sorry been away from the forum ladies. Having a crapy time wth this cycle and have not felt like talking to anyone. My estrogen started going up day 7 then nothing... im day 14 and its only 290, and a whole lot of nothing on the untrasound. Hubby goes away for work on thursday so gonna have to use frozen sperm which loses 50% count and he already has morphology probs- but thats IF I get to the stage of ovulating. So I am pretty much resigned to the fact I will be doing IVF soon. Ive even ordered some books on it. Sorry for another downer post. I hope some of you ladies are having better luck!
    Big hugs 1xbabyplease xoxI feel like we are in a similar boat as I am also lean PCOS with anovulatory cycles and my DH has high count and low morphology, and it always plays on my mind that we will need to do IVF. I am hoping the injections + IUI work for us but I'm also realistic that we may end up down that path. I really hope you don't have to, it sux that DH will be away and having to use frozen sperm. Thinking of you and sending you loads of positive baby vibes that you won't have to progress to IVF. Lee I really admire you for enduring 7 cycles of injections! I have only done 1 and I'm struggling a bit. Hoping this is your lucky one! Good work on the positive attitude, I try but don't always succeed.GirlX I feel your anger about it being easy for some people, I feel like that all the time and the only way I have found I can deal with it is to focus on the good things I DO have in my life, not on what is missing. I always remember that apart from not having a baby yet I am very blessed in life and this helps me. Plus keeping as fit and healthy as possible helps me to feel better as well. Big hugs xoxAFM the TWW is dragging slowly!! Quick question what are the rules about exercising at the gym on injections + IUI cycles? My FS was very vague about it and I really don't know what I am allowed to do. What are you girls doing? I am used to doing high impact classes and abdominal classes but I have stopped them for now as I don't want to ruin my chances. Any thoughts?....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lee- Thank you Hope you're doing okay too.

1xbabyplease - I'm sorry to hear that it looks like you'll be doing IVF next month. Reading up on it sounds like a good idea. I guess the positive thing to focus on is that success rates with IVF are MUCH higher than with the FSH/ IUI, so hopefully it could be your time very soon.

Minipolly- You're definitely right that focusing on the positive is the way to go. It's easy to lose sight of that sometimes. Regarding the exercise, my FS told me to cut back. At the time I was doing 3 PT sessions a week, plus my own workouts too. He said that moderate exercise was okay, but not to go high impact or too hard/ often. He recommended things like walking and light weights/ pilates/ yoga/ things that are gentle on the body. I think it's a bit of a grey area, as you want to be fit and healthy, but not stress your body too much. Getting that balance is difficult! From my reading on it there are lots of different viewpoints too, although some studies correlate high impact exercise with a lowered chance of conception. Can't remember if that was pre-ovulation, post, or if it makes a difference. Sorry - that's probably not very helpful!

AFM - Now 12dpo, and so far I have always got AF on 13dpo. It's weird as I really don't feel like I am getting AF tomorrow, and normally I feel quite crampy/ periody by now. I did break and do a test this morning, and it was negative. Maybe I'm just going to get AF a day later than usual...? I don't think I'm pregnant. I haven't been nearly as hormonal as usual this month, so that's a plus! My temp was up this morning - which is why I tested - but the fact that it was a First Response and negative makes me think I can't be pregnant, as they're very sensitive tests.
    Last edited by Guest654; 29-02-2012 at 08:13. Reason: forgot something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

1xbabyplease! I hear ya!! I'm day 12 and estrogen is 200 :-( they upped me to 100 units... Very disappointed! What happens next cycle?? Up again?? That's if it does anything!!??
    I have been very stressed though, wedding was a fantastic day but I was soooo hyped!! I'm not surprised my follies are not doing anything... Ah well! Trying not to think about it and just enjoy my time!

One of the nurses was so rude the other day! She said "why are u doing this when u are getting married??"
    I said "because we don't want to waste this cycle! This is my first non-provera induced period in over 5 years!!" and u know what she replied?? "lucky for some!!" !!!!!!! LUCKY FOR SOME!!!!!????? What the hell would she know?? I would give ANYTHING to have a period once a month and ovulate and not have to jab myself every day to get a f$&@*%#g egg!! No... NOT LUCKY FOR SOME!!!!!! I could have punched her in the face!!!

Anyway I'm sorry to hear that there is not much good news at the moment for you ladies!! Girl x and minipolly, hope u guys hang in there! Keep us posted!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Is there something going on with the lunar cycle this month??? I got my 10 day blood test back yesterday and the level was only 486. Given that it was 334 on day 5 that is not a very good result, and I had even upped my dosage to 87.5IU for the last 5 days. Was meant to have an ultrasound but given the result FS says to keep going for another few days then go in for another blood test. So will be getting bloods drawn again tomorrow morning, and maybe an ultrasound on Friday.

Ladies - I'm sorry to hear that everyone is having a bad week.

GirlX however, still a good chance for you. Best of luck hun!!

1xbabyplease - that is really hard news to take. Hopefully all you need is a little more time, and that your last chance before IVF works. I guess if you go to IVF, as previously said, at least you have a much higher chance of success per cycle - that can only be good

mam - you poor thing! Some people have no understanding of what we go through, so you can understand a lack of understanding or tact on their behalf - but a nurse should know better!! Your response did make me smile though, sometimes I really feel like punching people in the face too lol.