Closed Thread
Page 15 of 124 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the new ladies!!
    Re: gonal F verses puregon- it is the same thing but the pens have different 'dial up' increments, so FS will choose one or the other depending on your dosage. I know Gonal F starts at a lower dose than puregon so thats why I was put on it.

Going crazy in the TWW ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im 9DPO today... can start testing tomorrow but im going to tie my hands behind my back because I CANNOT face one more BFN glaring back at me. Not feeling it at all this cycle. I soooo hope im wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I am new to this thread and thought I would join as I think this thread might be where I belong given my circumstances.

I have seen the most amazing FS in January after seeing so many different gynos etc over the years and even having one just give me clomid for 3 months, oh well it didn't work off to IVF for you! BFN from that.

So I am 31 now and really need to get things moving. This FS did blood tests etc, told me unlikely I have PCOS (as previously diagnosed by a gyno) and levels look great on bloods. His recommendation for treatment - let's follicle track with NO drugs, see what your body is capable of. On CD10 had scan and there was a 13mm follicle, CD13 17mm folli, CD14 21mm and 18mm follicles!!! You cannot believe what this means, I don't know how long it has been since I O'ed and last month if FF was right with my temps I O'ed on CD25 so I totally wasn't expecting to O so soon.

Trigger shot given at 9am yesterday (CD14) so now just DTD every day and hoping we catch the little egg.

Side effects of trigger shot - extreme tiredness, lower back pain.

I am still using OPK's - will these be accurate even with the trigger shot in my system or will the shot cause false positive on OPK? Reason I asked is I used one last night, very faint 2nd line but this morning almost as dark so I am thinking tonight it will be positive...and then O will occur how soon after?

Sorry for all the questions but this is the 1st real cycle of TTC in like 6 years. DH and I just stuck our heads in the sand after the failed IVF attempt as we were so emotionally drained and time has just flown!

Any experience/opinions on my questions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome nturnbull1. This is my first cycle on injections, havent received the trigger shot yet...so i cant answer your question. But im sure one of the ladies here can

AFM - had my first scan this morning. Endo 6.5mm - a little thin but thats coz its still early (this is what i have been told by FS), and there are no large enough follicles on either ovary!!! So my puregon dosage has been increased to 75IU and i go back for a scan on monday! A little bit disappointed but i guess its still early.

Hows everyone else coming along in their cycles??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    Oooh, head cold is meant to be an early symptom, Mam Don't know how much truth is in it but it's worth a smileydance anyway lol

A surprise wedding sounds like an awesome idea!! Would love to see the guests faces when they realise he he!!
    Hey Lee!

Yeah its going to be a lot of fun, only our parents know what is going on so it will be really funny to see everyone's faces!!

Hmmm sounds like an old wives tale to me! Everyone around me has a cold too, don't think there is anything in it!! HAHA

Take care!

Mam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1xbabyplease hold out on the testing, I know what you mean about the disappointment of the BFN's, as hard as it is to wait I think it's for the best. I have banned myself from buying HPT's!! Got everything crossed for you

Mam a surprise wedding sounds fabulous, hope it all goes well

nturnbull1 welcome to the thread, you are definitely in the right place! Sorry to hear it's been such a long hard journey for you, that really does suck. Hopefully you get some good news soon and your new FS is the right match for you. And congrats on O'ing on your own, wow that must be an amazing feeling
    I think the opk's will be affected by the trigger shot because it mimics the body's own LH, so I wouldn't rely on the opk (sorry!), perhaps ask your FS how long after the trigger shot you should expect to O and just BD like crazy every day in the meantime . Good luck!!

babydust27 that's disappointing, I felt the same way on Monday, hopefully the new dose works for both of us.

I have another scan tomorrow to see what the progress is so fingers crossed the new dose has kick started some good follie action!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to minipolly2b For This Useful Post:

babydust27  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!!! And a big welcome to nturnbull1

1xbabyplease - the 2ww will make anybody crazy!! Did you end up testing? I am about 8-9dpo today but I can't test because I take a HCG booster shot at 7dpt. I am doing an experiment this cycle though and testing every morning with IC's to see how long it takes to get a -ve. In theory I'm guessing it will fade to a -ve, possibly before getting a +ve (if a +ve were to show, if not well i know how long to wait before testing next time). Fx for you!

Nturnbull1 - It would be so frustrating having a slack FS that prob cost you a bundle on IVF before trying all other options! Did you end up doing only 1 IVF cycle?

As far as OPK's go, I have never tried using them after a trigger so I really cant tell you. I would think it would give you a false reading though as I have herd some women use them when they have run out of preg tests. Apparently they are affected by the hcg/lh - but I really have no idea how accurate this is. I don't think you need them anyway as you should be just BDing as soon as you get the trigger. The best chance comes from having the swimmers ready and waiting - this is because sperm can last days in the right environment, but the ovum (eggie) only lasts about 12 hours (these are averages). Best of luck!

babydust27 - sounds good! I find it interesting that your FS doesnt do blood tests and scans instead. Do you have to pay for your scans, or are they bulk billed? It would give you and FS a more accurate idea of progress though. What CD are you up to and how many FSH shots so far?

Mam! what a laugh - you guys must be the worlds best secret keepers! there is no way I could pull that off I would spill for sure ha ha. How are you coping with the 2ww - progesterone test tomorrow!!

Minipolly good luck with your scan tomorrow!! Fx

AFM, I had my prog test today - a bit late. I should get the result tomorrow and I am starting to have "symptoms"... I dont know if they are booster symptoms, pre AF symptoms or maybe, just maybe preggers symptoms lol. I have had sore and swollen bb's since trigger - no changes there, but started to feel a bit bloaty and a few pains in my uterus area but it could have just been because i was hungry ha ha!!

Good luck to all!! Lee xoxo
    Last edited by Lee80; 08-02-2012 at 20:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    Hi Ladies!!! And a big welcome to nturnbull1

1xbabyplease - the 2ww will make anybody crazy!! Did you end up testing? I am about 8-9dpo today but I can't test because I take a HCG booster shot at 7dpt. I am doing an experiment this cycle though and testing every morning with IC's to see how long it takes to get a -ve. In theory I'm guessing it will fade to a -ve, possibly before getting a +ve (if a +ve were to show, if not well i know how long to wait before testing next time). Fx for you!

Nturnbull1 - It would be so frustrating having a slack FS that prob cost you a bundle on IVF before trying all other options! Did you end up doing only 1 IVF cycle?

As far as OPK's go, I have never tried using them after a trigger so I really cant tell you. I would think it would give you a false reading though as I have herd some women use them when they have run out of preg tests. Apparently they are affected by the hcg/lh - but I really have no idea how accurate this is. I don't think you need them anyway as you should be just BDing as soon as you get the trigger. The best chance comes from having the swimmers ready and waiting - this is because sperm can last days in the right environment, but the ovum (eggie) only lasts about 12 hours (these are averages). Best of luck!

babydust27 - sounds good! I find it interesting that your FS doesnt do blood tests and scans instead. Do you have to pay for your scans, or are they bulk billed? It would give you and FS a more accurate idea of progress though. What CD are you up to and how many FSH shots so far?

Mam! what a laugh - you guys must be the worlds best secret keepers! there is no way I could pull that off I would spill for sure ha ha. How are you coping with the 2ww - progesterone test tomorrow!!

Minipolly good luck with your scan tomorrow!! Fx

AFM, I had my prog test today - a bit late. I should get the result tomorrow and I am starting to have "symptoms"... I dont know if they are booster symptoms, pre AF symptoms or maybe, just maybe preggers symptoms lol. I have had sore and swollen bb's since trigger - no changes there, but started to feel a bit bloaty and a few pains in my uterus area but it could have just been because i was hungry ha ha!!

Good luck to all!! Lee xoxo
    Lee- im CD8 today, i only do scans at this stage. FS didnt mention BT. I pay $100 per scan and consultation and get back about $40 from medicare. i have had 6 fsh shots so far. as of today i had to increase it to 75IU.

now i am a bit worried about my endo! will it thicken, what if it doesnt??? All this is making my head spin.

im also have really bad headaches in the last 2 days, which i think are from this drug!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome nturnbull!

I did write a big welcome for you earlier today, hit send and lost the whole thing! Bub hub has not been working for me today!! I'll try again...

Wow all that on your own?? You go
    Girl!! I assume they gave u the trigger shot just to be sure you o'd?? Sounds like u would have done that on your own too! That's fantastic!

Don't know much about OPKs cause they don't work for me, but the trigger should make u ovulate up to 36 hours after having it so it makes sense that you would be getting positive results now if u triggered yesterday! As long as u keep up with the BDing hopefully you will catch it!! Great news! Enjoy the 2ww!! Haha!!

Keep us posted!!
    Mam xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babydust27 View Post
    Lee- im CD8 today, i only do scans at this stage. FS didnt mention BT. I pay $100 per scan and consultation and get back about $40 from medicare. i have had 6 fsh shots so far. as of today i had to increase it to 75IU.

now i am a bit worried about my endo! will it thicken, what if it doesnt??? All this is making my head spin.

im also have really bad headaches in the last 2 days, which i think are from this drug!!!
    Hey babydust!!

Don't panic!! Day 8 is ok! When the estrogen starts rising, the lining will thicken, and if you don't have any good follicles yet you won't have much estrogen. Does that make sense?? When your follies start growing, especially if you get a dominant one, your estrogen will rise and maintain a nice thick lining!

That's why my FS doesn't do scans until my estrogen is high enough that a dominant follicle could be there (above 800). So they didn't scan until it suddenly went up to 860 on day 13 or so, after increasing the dose, and then boom - lining was 11mm.

Don't think it's a matter of being more closely monitored, just think different FS do different things. Although it would be nice not to be jabbed so much!!! Haha!!

I pay 500 for an injection cycle, no matter how many scans/tests there are, and then 20 for each hcg injection. Oh plus the 35 for the pens!

Headaches would be from the drugs, that's normal! As my estrogen started rising I got nausea really bad! FS said that was cause us PCOS girls are not used to so much estrogen floating around in the system!

Anyway Gluck!

Minipolly! Let us know how you go!! Hopefully the upped dose will be enough for those ovaries of yours to start behaving!! Xoxo

Girl x- how is your cycle going?? Any news on numbers??

Lee- yay!! let us know what your progesterone is, what number do they want a week after ovulation? I can't remember what's normal or not!!

21 and trying -hope you are going ok! Any luck with that natural o??

1xbabyplease- hope u are going ok! Not long now!! Resist the test, resist the test!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dur! I forgot to tell u all how I'm going. It's now 8 days after the trigger, had my booster hcg and my progesterone test this morning, comes back this arvo. All yesterday I have been cramping majorly like my period is coming. I feel like it could appear any minute- even though I know that's very unlikely! Nurse this morning said that it could be that my progesterone is high because that can cause some cramping. Don't want to get my hopes up though! She said if I ovulated that I will test next Saturday for pregnancy... That's so long away!! I just have a bad feeling that I didn't ovulate... I hate this waiting!!!