Closed Thread
Page 14 of 124 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Felt really sick last night . I'm having really bad headaches that last for a few hours each day and I'm feeling a bit emotional at the moment. Which I assume is s combination on the FSH and just the emotions that go with the whole process. Anyway got up this morning to realise I had left my injection pen in the bench. So angry with myself because it was quite hot here last night and the pen was warm this morning so I dont think it's any good now. The box says to keep it between 2-8 degrees. So now I have to hope I can find a chemist that actually has it in stock. what a waste of money. We had just got back from a weekend away where we transported it in a cooked bag with an ice pack there and back and I set myself reminders So I didn't forget to get it out of the hotel bar fridge when we were leaving abc then I go and leave it in my kitchen bench. Grrrrr

Sent from my iPhone
    Hi Jez!! Just ask a pharmacist, I'm pretty sure they last a month out of the fridge!!
    Welcome to the forum!! I'll write more later when I have time!!

Mam xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been told they can last 28days outside the fridge with temps below 25C....hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jez I've done the same thing with Pregnyl! And it worked fine still. Not so sure about Gonal-f after it's been opened but if you can't get a replacement pen, personally I would just continue using it - better than a failed cycle if u miss your shot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Better yet, ask your FS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies I rang the chemist . They looked up the into and called back and said if it was under 20 degrees and in the original packaging and not in direct sunlight then it will be fine to use. I was very happy to hear that

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    Hi Mam - thanks for the warm welcome!

As far as your non-pain goes, I never have pain or cramps on ovulation, it is probably different for everyone, but I have triggered with multiple follicles and no noticable pain on ov. You will know for sure after Thursday's prog BT, my Fx for you

The 2ww's are the worst, Mam However, I don't think I am overly hormonal (though hubby may say differently!), it's more that the Pregnyl shots give you all the symptoms of pregnancy, which at first was ever so confusing and gave me high hopes that I was UTD, but unfortunately it is just because you are giving yourself the pregnancy hormone HCG. And, to make it worse, symptoms are not consistent from cycle to cycle, so there is no way to compare to a "normal" cycle! I do get a bit emotional now & then but nothing OTT and it can easily be contributed to the stress of the 2ww itself.

No IUI for me, its been timed intercourse the whole way. Doc says hubby's SA was ok - he has low morphology but good volume and count, so there is still a couple million good ones. So I have a 15-20% "chance" each cycle - and apparently IUI cost doesn't outweigh increased chance in my case.

Did you do IUI this cycle? You must be very excited if this is your first O in a long while, really wishing a successful cycle for you!
    Thanks! Yes its been 5 years since i last ovulated, so this is awesome! Although not really enjoying the 2ww! But I am thankful that i am here!

Really?? that sounds strange to me, my last FS and this FS both were advocates of IUI. My current one said that even if the sperm count is ok (like my DPs is), that the chance is increased as millions of sperm get stuck in the cervical mucous, and that the washing procedure and placement of sperm straight in the uterus can significantly improve chances. I definately want to give IUI a go before going onto IVF, although hopefully i wont have to do either I guess every FS is different, perhaps mine were more interested in the $$$$..??

Did you end up getting your test done????

Mam xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Hi ladies
    Thought I would join you in here.
    DH and I have one DD who is 2.9 years. We have been TTC since may 2010.
    We have had 3 cycles of chlomid which I did O on but no luck in getting a BFP. FS said it is because it have me a sticky mucus.
    We had one cycle on gonal f 50 units in November , then had to take a break for two months as my FS clinic doesn't track over dec/jan. I am now on CD 6 this cycle on Gonal f 50 units. Due for bloods on CD 10.
    I absolutely hate the drugs as I get very bad mood swings and feel very unfocused , if that makes sense. DH has great sperm count and everything else that he needed to have ( can't remember the results) was great and well above what FS was looking for. So we have been given the " unexplained secondary fertility" diagnosis. Very frustrating.
    We are in the process of putting our house on the market and moving interstate and having to find another FS worries me as I really like the one we currently see. So I'm really hoping Ed can get that BFP in before we move.

Sent from my iPhone
    Welcome Jez!!!

How exciting! I really hope that the injections fix that CM problem! My FS says she prefers the injections because it doens't affect the CM, says that clomid is renound for making it hostile to sperm! Hopefully you will get your BFP very soon now!!

Are you doing IUI or timed BD??? We are doing timed BD for this cycle but i want to move on to IUI next cycle, as i hate the side effects of these drugs and would like to have the most possible chance to get pregnant each time i have to take them!! HAHA

Great news that you can keep using the pen! I remember the pharmacist telling me it was good for a month out of the fridge. I have nearly done that a few times!

Hopefully you will fall straight away and take one of the worries away from the move!!

Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone doing??

I have come down with a head cold. Feeling pretty miserable. Luckily dr gave me a few days off work to recover. I think its all this TTC and wedding planning. Getting very close now and its really annoying planning a wedding! I thought because its going to be a surprise and nobody knows about it, that it was going to be a lot less stressful than it has been!! Anyway will all be over soon and it will be a lot of fun!

Hopefully there is a little dividing blastocyst in there ready to implant in the next few days!!!

Take care all!!

Mam xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Thanks! Yes its been 5 years since i last ovulated, so this is awesome! Although not really enjoying the 2ww! But I am thankful that i am here!

Really?? that sounds strange to me, my last FS and this FS both were advocates of IUI. My current one said that even if the sperm count is ok (like my DPs is), that the chance is increased as millions of sperm get stuck in the cervical mucous, and that the washing procedure and placement of sperm straight in the uterus can significantly improve chances. I definately want to give IUI a go before going onto IVF, although hopefully i wont have to do either I guess every FS is different, perhaps mine were more interested in the $$$$..??

Did you end up getting your test done????

Mam xo
    Thanks for that feedback on IUI, I have only seen the one FS and although I have been really happy with him so far, it helps to get more than one opinion. I think one of the contributing factors is my location - I am in rural NSW, so I'm limited in resources. I am lucky that we have an ultrasound clinic that is able to follicle track! With the cost of IUI and the trouble to get to somewhere that does the procedure, I will probably go straight to IVF. It's a shame though, because I think CM is one of my problems!

I haven't had my test yet, but I was told today that the referral is waiting for me, so I will head up tomorrow and get it. 23 days isn't that much more than 21, right? lol

I see you triggered on the 1/2, I triggered on the 30/1 so our cycles are really close Did you, or are you, having a booster shot?
    I also had 1 x 18mm follicle and 2 x larger septated follicles (I don't think these follies are any good, but have no idea really. I have had a septated follicle before and FS said it may, or may not release an egg...) for us both!!

And boooo to the 2ww!!!
    Last edited by Lee80; 07-02-2012 at 18:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    How is everyone doing??

I have come down with a head cold. Feeling pretty miserable. Luckily dr gave me a few days off work to recover. I think its all this TTC and wedding planning. Getting very close now and its really annoying planning a wedding! I thought because its going to be a surprise and nobody knows about it, that it was going to be a lot less stressful than it has been!! Anyway will all be over soon and it will be a lot of fun!

Hopefully there is a little dividing blastocyst in there ready to implant in the next few days!!!

Take care all!!

Mam xoxo
    Oooh, head cold is meant to be an early symptom, Mam Don't know how much truth is in it but it's worth a smileydance anyway lol

A surprise wedding sounds like an awesome idea!! Would love to see the guests faces when they realise he he!!