Closed Thread
Page 13 of 124 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    Hi Ladies - can I join your thread please! I really wish this thread existed when I started FSH treatment, or that I had at least found it before now!

A bit about me: TTC for over 2 years, PCO, 3 x non-ovulating clomid cyles, and I am currently on the 2ww for FSH cycle number 6! I am on Gonal F 75iu with pregnyl trigger shot and booster 7 days later due to a short LP. Booster shot due tomorrow & I am still suffering the side effects from trigger - very sore bb's

I am at the edge of giving up on FSH cycles and moving on to IVF so Fx this is my lucky cycle Would love to know how many FSH cycles you are all up to?

Babydust - that progesterone level is great! Good luck!
    Welcome Lee!!!!! So nice to have you here!!

6 cycles?? You are a pro now!! Im sorry that you haven't had your bfp!!!

This is my second cycle of FSH injections, but my first was 5 years ago! So i sorta count this as my first again! I started on 75 units but it wasn't doing much so we had to increase to 87.5 units. That did the trick and i had a nice egg, triggered on Wednesday... Hoping that I ovulated, i haven't had much in the way of sensations or pain, not like 5 years ago when i had terrible pain. Hope that it all went ok. I have more bloods on Thursday to check progesterone.

I have a question for you... How do you cope with the 2WW's, especially with the trigger injection and the booster?? I have had such terrible mood swings since the trigger!!

I take it you have been doing IUI for these cycles?? I really hope this is your cycle Lee!!!

Welcome again! Keep us posted!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Hoping that I ovulated, i haven't had much in the way of sensations or pain, not like 5 years ago when i had terrible pain. Hope that it all went ok. I have more bloods on Thursday to check progesterone.

I have a question for you... How do you cope with the 2WW's, especially with the trigger injection and the booster?? I have had such terrible mood swings since the trigger!!

I take it you have been doing IUI for these cycles?? I really hope this is your cycle Lee!!!

Welcome again! Keep us posted!!
    Hi Mam - thanks for the warm welcome!

As far as your non-pain goes, I never have pain or cramps on ovulation, it is probably different for everyone, but I have triggered with multiple follicles and no noticable pain on ov. You will know for sure after Thursday's prog BT, my Fx for you

The 2ww's are the worst, Mam However, I don't think I am overly hormonal (though hubby may say differently!), it's more that the Pregnyl shots give you all the symptoms of pregnancy, which at first was ever so confusing and gave me high hopes that I was UTD, but unfortunately it is just because you are giving yourself the pregnancy hormone HCG. And, to make it worse, symptoms are not consistent from cycle to cycle, so there is no way to compare to a "normal" cycle! I do get a bit emotional now & then but nothing OTT and it can easily be contributed to the stress of the 2ww itself.

No IUI for me, its been timed intercourse the whole way. Doc says hubby's SA was ok - he has low morphology but good volume and count, so there is still a couple million good ones. So I have a 15-20% "chance" each cycle - and apparently IUI cost doesn't outweigh increased chance in my case.

Did you do IUI this cycle? You must be very excited if this is your first O in a long while, really wishing a successful cycle for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies
    Thought I would join you in here.
    DH and I have one DD who is 2.9 years. We have been TTC since may 2010.
    We have had 3 cycles of chlomid which I did O on but no luck in getting a BFP. FS said it is because it have me a sticky mucus.
    We had one cycle on gonal f 50 units in November , then had to take a break for two months as my FS clinic doesn't track over dec/jan. I am now on CD 6 this cycle on Gonal f 50 units. Due for bloods on CD 10.
    I absolutely hate the drugs as I get very bad mood swings and feel very unfocused , if that makes sense. DH has great sperm count and everything else that he needed to have ( can't remember the results) was great and well above what FS was looking for. So we have been given the " unexplained secondary fertility" diagnosis. Very frustrating.
    We are in the process of putting our house on the market and moving interstate and having to find another FS worries me as I really like the one we currently see. So I'm really hoping Ed can get that BFP in before we move.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Lee80 and jez!!!

Jez - Good luck with finding a new FS once you move. Its hard when you have a good FS, you think you might never find anyone as good as them. I hope it works out for you.

I see a lot of you using Gonal F. Anyone using Puregon??? i dont know much about these drugs...im still learning LOL

Happy Monday!!!

xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Lee80 and jez!

Wow Lee 6 cycles you are a pro at this, I hope you get your BFP very soon.
    Jez that would be very frustrating having the unexplained title, hopefully the FSH does the trick for you.
    Wishing you both very short stays and BFP's very soon

babydust I'm on GonalF too so not sure what the difference is with Puregon, I imagine it would just be a different brand but same drug?

Good luck to those in the TWW, hope it passes nice and quickly for you.

I had my first scan this morning and my ovaries aren't behaving so we have upped my dose to 75, hopefully that does the trick, I really want this cycle to work so badly.

Sorry for the short post, at work and not much free time. Sending loads of baby dust to you all xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again Ladies!
    Hate the 2ww, trying to keep occupied but can only think babies! gahhh hence surfing bubhub again

Babydust - I found this info for you
    PUREGON vs. GONAL-F: Both of these medications are made from highly purified human Follicle Stimulating Hormone prepared by recombinant DNA technology. Both are non-urinary products and contain only FSH. There is no LH component. Meanwhile, two published direct comparisons between both follitropins (Tulppala et al., 1999 ; Harlin et al., 2000 ) justify the conclusion that the slight differences between the two molecules do not have any clinical significance.
    So Minipolly was right, basically the same drug.

Hi Jez It would suck getting a new FS, they all seem to be different and follow different protocols - on the plus side though, I guess it would be like getting a 2nd opinion. Fx you get lucky this time!

Minipolly - I hope your ovaries start behaving now. My FS started me on 75iu from the start, and I had 1 round where it wasn't working and he bumped it up to 100iu for the last 3 shots. It sure made a difference, it only takes a smidgey more

AFM, I couldn't get my 21 day prog BT today because FS forgot to give me the referral, and I didn't realise til today. Tried to get one this arvo but no luck. Oh well, it doesnt make a difference to the end result I suppose, and I haven't failed to ovulate on FSH shots yet. It's just a nice way to break up the wait getting your 21 day result...

Babydust to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Lee80. Originally i thought that they would be the same thing, just two different brands. Guess i wasn't wrong.

Today I was to find out at what time i will be going to see my FS on Wednesday, but the receptions never called. I spoke to her about lunch time today, and she did not know, as the FS does egg pick up on wednesdays. Im so not happy about the whole thing, and i will make sure i do tell them when i go there on Wednesday
    Apart from that i am a bit worried...that my AF is still going (TMI - Sorry) im hoping it will stop until wednesday!!!!

You gotta love all this drama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felt really sick last night . I'm having really bad headaches that last for a few hours each day and I'm feeling a bit emotional at the moment. Which I assume is s combination on the FSH and just the emotions that go with the whole process. Anyway got up this morning to realise I had left my injection pen in the bench. So angry with myself because it was quite hot here last night and the pen was warm this morning so I dont think it's any good now. The box says to keep it between 2-8 degrees. So now I have to hope I can find a chemist that actually has it in stock. what a waste of money. We had just got back from a weekend away where we transported it in a cooked bag with an ice pack there and back and I set myself reminders So I didn't forget to get it out of the hotel bar fridge when we were leaving abc then I go and leave it in my kitchen bench. Grrrrr

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    * cooler bag, not cooked bag. Stupid iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome, Lee and Jez!

Jez - what a nightmare about leaving the pen out! Very easily done though. I know what you mean about the mood swings/ hormones. For me it seems to get worse as I do more cycles. Very unpleasant.

Lee - fingers crossed for you this cycle!

Babydust - You asked about blood tests vs scans. My FS doesn't do any blood tests. I usually jab for 7-8 days and then he does a scan. If all is well we trigger then, and do IUI the next day. If the follicles aren't ready then I jab for a few more days and then go back for another scan.

Went to see the FS this morning, and I have 3 follicles developing, but they're not ready to trigger yet. (Usually 1 dominant one tells the others to stop growing, once they get bigger, so hopefully no triplets/ cancelled cycle for me). I've got to go back on Friday for another scan, and all being well will trigger on Fri and do IUI on Sat.

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't trigger today, but not much I can do. Fingers crossed for a Valentine's Day baby!