Closed Thread
Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1239
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Injections Support Thread

Tantom- I really hope this is your lucky month! I couldn't imagine having to take as many meds as you. You are very strong and committed and deserve a BFP xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Best of luck for this time round Tamtom!
    AFM it looks like IUI this Friday morning! Trigger tomorrow morning. One big follie and then a slightly smaller second one!

Where is everyone else at?

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Goodluck littledove!

AFM- I am 5dpiui and HATE waiting!!! But I am also starting to get anxious because if BFP then we need to wait to make sure no chem, m/c or problems with baby OR if BFN then we need to start all over again and that means more waiting and more stressing.
    This whole TTC business is really starting to get to me again :'(

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, I'm just feeling a bit down at the moment about my IUI tomorrow. I am very excited of course but I'm upset because DH just doesn't seem to realise how important tomorrow is. I said how I had booked it early so it doesn't interrupt work too much but he seems more concerned with getting to work on time than being there with me. In fact, I don't think he plans on being there for the IUI, just dropping off his sample then heading off etc. I'm upset because I have been jabbing morning and night for 3 weeks, having scans and blood tests etc and really he hasn't been involved at all. All he has to do is cum in a cup! I know that's just how it is but it makes me feel like I'm doing this on my own a lot of the time. I know he really wants a kid and does care a lot about it but at times I feel like he doesn't realise quite how big a deal this all is for me. I've been working up to the IUI for the last 3 weeks, tomorrow is a big deal for me, yet he sees it as just another day. Hmm, is this the same or similar with anyone else? If we do have to resort to IVF, then I wonder if he would come to do EPU with me or if he would still be concerned about missing work sorry for the rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    littledove: firstly-
    i think it is not uncommon for your situation. (my DP is female and very involved so i can't really compare, although she is keeping alot of her emotions close to heart at the moment) but i see most women in my clinic sitting alone and almost never see a guy in there... maybe its a bit of embarrassment or feeling self worthlessness for him? guys always try to run away from issues rather than face them..

back 5.5/6 years ago i was dating a guy and i fell pregnant but lost my twins, we both had genetic testing and he was found to have a translocation of chromosomes... which didn't actually effect that pregnancy :| but could effect future pregnancies.... anyway, he did not want to face those issues and ignored trying to help himself or finding a solution, he also ignored me and the fact i just gave birth to still born twins. he didn't want to face it because he felt in some way responsible and by ignoring it, for him, meant it wasn't real...

maybe your DH as much as he wants this, is feeling like he can't perform (even though it may not be his fault??) and maybe by going to work, he is focusing on the things he CAN control and trying to provide for you in the ways he knows how... IYKWIM

i think you should sit down and talk with him and explain how important it is for you, maybe he just doesn't know.

and good luck for tomorrow!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Littledove unfortunately I know exactly how you feel and I think generally it's just a guy thing! They don't get it. Like you say, they don't really have to do anything, and they don't have crazy hormones and maternal instincts running wild in their bodies so it's not that surprising. I've heard a lot don't even get that excited about the pregnancy until the baby is actually born - difficult for us to imagine but I can kinda understand how it's different for them.

I think too this is why relationships are strained through Fertility treatment and IVF cause for us it's all consuming and they can just kinda carry on as if nothing's going on!! We get frustrated they're not more involved and they get frustrated that we're too caught up in it. It's certainly a tough one.

Try not to let it get you too down, we're all here to support you and completely understand what you're feeling. Try not to be too hard on your DH cause I'm sure it's not intentional more just that he doesn't get it. Also if he's anything like my DP he may be struggling more than he lets on or just doesn't know how to "fix it" or make it all better for you?

Maybe try and talk to him and explain what you're feeling and how important it is to you for him to be there? Also acknowledge though that you understand it's not the same for him (rightly or wrongly)! But you need and appreciate his support?

My DP is exactly the same when it comes to missing work and I imagine given your dh job it's not that easy for him to get time out - without proper explanation? Doesn't mean he shouldn't try and I know we do it all the time esp you missing your whole week but you know what men are like hang in there littledove, not long to wait for your iui and hopefully a BFP!! Two weeks time you'll hopefully be utd and can put all this behind you

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks gals! What you say is exactly right and I really appreciate your comments. I will try and talk to DH tonight but in a gentle way. I think I'm just having one of those days. A few days ago I had convinced myself this month was a write off, then yesterday when FS said we're ready to go I was convinced this would be 'the' cycle, and now I'm back to there is no hope at all! So I'm back on that roller coaster again. It is so lovely having all us gals pulling each other through though and giving support!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ps. Almai, I am so sorry about your twins, how awful - hugs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

almai  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littledove, i have been through similar thing with my DH, after talking to him and explaining how i feel, he has changed his tune. Perhaps try talking to him. Bedst of luck, hun.

AFM - i have just returned from my FS...third day into jabbing, and my ovaries are not doing anyhting!! i know its still early but i need this to work!!! FS has asked me to inject tonite with 225IU tonight and 150IU until monday, when i go in for another scan. He also mentioned that if this cycle fails, i have to think about other treatments...Not that i have much to choose from, but he is suggesting ovarian drilling for me. He reckons this will do the trick for me, he seems very confident. He will place me onto the waiting list, and apparently it can be up to 6 months before i get this procedure done. So if this cycle fails i wont be doing anything until the procedure is done.
    So when i got into the car, i bowled by eyes out...im just struggling to deal with this

Sorry girls for such a long post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby dust - don't stress to much I went for scans one day last sorry can't remember which day lol, but had nothing in both ovaries went back 3 days later had 4 in each at good size 3 days after that had 5 and 7 on each side at better size. These crazy things happen. My first day of not sniffing in 3 weeks yay. Epu is booked for 10am Monday