Closed Thread
Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1239
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Injections Support Thread

In other news - DP attended dentist today for first time in about 4 years. Diagnosis was not good and it now looks as though over the next 12 months he will prob require major dental surgery at a cost of around $20k!!

Not sure yet full details or costs or what bupa will cover but it's not looking great. Unlike my treatment this prob can't be delayed and I don't know how we'd afford it on one wage if I did stop work for a baby anyway!!

Looks like if I'm not preg before Christmas that could be it for me for a while til we get this sorted out!! Or at best I guess keep doing what we're doing for another 6 months but prob no IVF next year. I'm ok thinking about it all now, I guess we'll just take it as it comes.

Just a bit random and totally unexpected - stay away from sports drinks, energy drinks, soft drinks!!! It's not cavities but acid wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Holy crap Greenfairy. That's expensive!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for all your replies
    I'm definitely going to be asking some questions. I asked earlier in the week about needing an ultrasound and they just said "no, your estrogen isn't high enough yet"... ??
    I just had a thought.. I did a tracking cycle last month, did 8 blood tests and 1 ultrasound (at CD9) throughout the month so maybe they are just going off that?
    So far iv had 4 blood tests and a hsg scan... And been on 25iu of gonal f from CD4 (tomorrow will be day 12 of jabbing)
    Just seems pretty crap considering all the time we are investing and the drugs I'm giving myself if it needs to be cancelled? :/
    Guess I will find out what's happening tomorrow (hopefully!) at least I will get to see my little follies on the scene

Thanks again everyone xx

Ps. As we have 'social infertility' Medicare won't cover our treatment

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Sorry to butt in- Almai, if you get a referral from a gp it should be covered by Medicare? Ours is.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Sorry to butt in- Almai, if you get a referral from a gp it should be covered by Medicare? Ours is.
    I will ask again tomorrow... I'm sick of getting misinformed by this clinic >
    maybe it's different as we are in Perth?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Shouldn't be, as medicare is a national scheme, but maybe your clinic is different? Ours won't do treatment without a GP referral.

Thanks
    Reviews

We did get a referral from the gp... Hmmm. I wonder if I could contact Medicare directly??

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    I'm definitely going to be asking some questions. I asked earlier in the week about needing an ultrasound and they just said "no, your estrogen isn't high enough yet"... ??
    I just had a thought.. I did a tracking cycle last month, did 8 blood tests and 1 ultrasound (at CD9) throughout the month so maybe they are just going off that?
    So far iv had 4 blood tests and a hsg scan... And been on 25iu of gonal f from CD4 (tomorrow will be day 12 of jabbing)
    Just seems pretty crap considering all the time we are investing and the drugs I'm giving myself if it needs to be cancelled? :/
    Guess I will find out what's happening tomorrow (hopefully!) at least I will get to see my little follies on the scene

Thanks again everyone xx

Hey almai!!!

When I was doing my iui, my clinic never did a u/s till my estrogen was over 500 too!! With it lower than 500 it is unlikely that you have a dominant follicle. Each clinic is different, but my clinic did this too and I never had a problem, they never missed the follicles or anything if you had more dominant follicles your estrogen would be higher. That's why they start to look as your estrogen starts to rise, so that you don't have lots of ones that are gonna pop!! Haha

I found it frustrating too hearing all the different ways of doing things. Some clinics do NO blood tests and base doses purely on u/s results, and others are mostly vampires... I am happy with my mix. At least if something is not consistent with your blood tests they can monitor that. Don't stress though, you won't ovulate till your estrogen rises. Plus with bloods they can detect the LH surge that occurs before ovulation, can't detect that in a u/s alone!!

Hope that's put you at ease a bit??? Although I had bfn's and have moved onto ivf, they never missed an ovulation, i ovulated every time when they wanted, and the one time I did overstimulate on the meds (bad mam decided to stop taking metformin halfway through the cycle didn't she...... Oops) they quickly detected it with the bloods and then did a u/s.

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post

Thanks again everyone xx

Plus 25 is such a low dose!!!!! I imagine your chance of over stimulating on that is very minimal!! Xoxo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

almai  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Hey almai!!!

When I was doing my iui, my clinic never did a u/s till my estrogen was over 500 too!! With it lower than 500 it is unlikely that you have a dominant follicle. Each clinic is different, but my clinic did this too and I never had a problem, they never missed the follicles or anything if you had more dominant follicles your estrogen would be higher. That's why they start to look as your estrogen starts to rise, so that you don't have lots of ones that are gonna pop!! Haha

I found it frustrating too hearing all the different ways of doing things. Some clinics do NO blood tests and base doses purely on u/s results, and others are mostly vampires... I am happy with my mix. At least if something is not consistent with your blood tests they can monitor that. Don't stress though, you won't ovulate till your estrogen rises. Plus with bloods they can detect the LH surge that occurs before ovulation, can't detect that in a u/s alone!!

Hope that's put you at ease a bit??? Although I had bfn's and have moved onto ivf, they never missed an ovulation, i ovulated every time when they wanted, and the one time I did overstimulate on the meds (bad mam decided to stop taking metformin halfway through the cycle didn't she...... Oops) they quickly detected it with the bloods and then did a u/s.

Xoxo
    Thankyou so much! I feel very relieved and much more excited now!! Yay
    Xxx