Closed Thread
Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1239
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You girls are lucky in starting so young. I wanted to be finished having bubs at 30 too but here I am, 30 in two months time and still no baby

Its hard but, like you Greenfairy, I always had a feeling that I'd have trouble. Although its not justified; NOBODY in my family has ever had a problem conceiving (my mum had endo but not a problem until in her 30s). Maybe I figured that I'd be the one to cop the bad side of percentages...

Anyway, I've been musing in my mood today. Considering using hypnotherapy if we try another cycle in future. Has anyone else heard of people using this? I know it sounds silly but from what I have read its good for stress relief and to help banish those negative thoughts. The proper sessions are a little pricey but there are CDs you can get...worth a try, right? Grasping at straws maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Karma, you would have been about the same age as us when you started wouldn't you? You've been in this roller coaster for a long time now, you poor thing.

Maybe we did all jinx ourselves. Hubby and I started talking about when to have a baby while we were planning our wedding. Initially, he wanted to wait about a year but I was freaking out that it would be leaving things too long, and what if it didn't happen straight away? I let him know my concerns but just left it at that and we were at an engagement party late January and he said to me "Let's just try for a baby now" - I think the 3 pregnant women there as well as all the kids under 3 had a big part in this decision lol. We talked about it some more and decided to wait a couple of months, until just after our wedding (in March). I am so so glad we started trying earlier than initially planned but I also wish we started trying earlier than we did.

I think hypnotherapy is a good idea Karma. My step-uncle suggested to my Mum that maybe I should see his friend that is a hypnotherapist if I'm still struggling with it. I'm actually thinking it might be worth it if this cycle doesn't work.
    Also, my boss suggested acupuncture. She said she didn't use it while she was doing IVF but she knew someone else who went through the same thing and found acupuncture to be really helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Injections Support Thread

Yep, I've used hypnotherapy for something else and it was really good!

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been trying for nearly 3 years now. But only had doctors involved for the past year or so. We left it too long to get help.

Having another bad day. Doctor's office called to confirm a bfn. Even though I knew already it makes it more real

Messaged my mum yesterday to let the family know we tried and failed. No reply. So much for family...its all about my fertile fertile sister whose insides actually work properly I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews

That is so awful about ur family not replying! That is horrible! Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews

Well, I put a somewhat snarky comment on Facebook about cutting people out of my life and mum rang me straight away. The gist of our conversation was that I was horrible because I don't want to see my sister anymore and that DH is lazy and I can't "row the boat" all by myself.

Not one word along the lines of "gee, I'm sorry that the IVF didn't work" or "yes, your sister's timing for getting pregnant again was a little insensitive". *sigh*

She doesn't get that seeing my sister pregnant will kill me. She doesn't get that it would have been better had my sister waited even a couple of months before trying. She doesn't get that it shouldn't be about what will upset my sister right now...for all intents and purposes I just lost a baby or a potential one anyway, I'm allowed to be selfish right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Karma, I'm so sorry about your family. I honestly don't think anyone that has not been through this will ever really get it. A little bit of empathy towards you would never go a stray though. Even if it was just them recognising that this is so hard and emotional for you. *big hugs*

AFM, only 6 days until I know where I stand. Actually, probably closer to 5 as I can always tell the day before if AF is on it's way.. There's a girl at work who is newly pregnant so it will be very hard watching her belly grow and having to see her everyday if I get another BFN.

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally agree Becca, that if you haven't gone through it, it's pretty difficult to fully understand. Case in point, one of my good mates had a baby a while ago and she continuously offers me baby clothes and stuff once her baby has grown out of it, as she says she 'considers me as a lady with a baby on the way'. As sweet as that is, I always refuse and say that until I actually am pregnant I don't really want to surround myself with reminders that I'm not pregnant! So yeah, she doesn't really get that this is a massive struggle for us and I'm actually not 'a lady with a baby on the way!'

AFM I've got another scan on Friday to see if any follies have started to grow.... Theyve upped my dose 3 times already so getting a bit frustrated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister has done that for AGES, Littledove. Her son is 4 (almost 5) and her twin girls are 2 and she gives me things all the time. Doesn't understand. At all. I'll be packing all that crap up and sending it back to her shortly. It's just taking up room and making me feel crappy at this point.

I don't expect my sister to understand though. She's a generally selfish person. So it's almost a relief to set her aside. But my mother should at least...HEAR my problems and try to sympathise. But it's been all about my sister since she had my niece almost 11 years ago because she's a very demanding person and my family just find it easier to go along with her

Anyway, I don't think there is anything for us to do but keep chugging along. It's just hard because we can't afford to go again right now and I also want to chat with DH and our FS about whether we would be better to try ICSI again or better to try IUI with a donor... I want to do whatever will give us the best chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I started injecting again today, went to the dr yesterday was meant to be on 400 for the injections but now on 600, pretty crazy but hopefully my very little follicles grow nice and big, next scan is Saturday so fingers crossed I found out when Epu is, lots of To everyone