Closed Thread
Page 106 of 124 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1239
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Injections Support Thread

Thanks for the tips KarmaJane
    I will definitely try that and am now thankful for my little bit of tummy fat

I thought it was a bit cra.p about paying aswell.. I mean we tried and tried but just couldn't fall pregnant :P
    If we have trouble with IUI then we move to IVF due to 'medical infertility' which will give us Medicare rebates. But fingerscrossed we don't need to go down that road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out my sister is pregnant. With number FIVE. It's almost more than I can handle. Needless to say, I won't be seeing my family for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm happy for your sister but I'm sorry it wasn't you announcing your pregnancy instead. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    I have just completed my second round of pregnyl injections (have a P4 blood test tomorrow and then preg blood test 8 days later). It was a bit dis heartening when it didn't work the first time around, but after being here and seeing other people's stories, it's really help. So thank you! I found the ovi-drell injection (final injection to stimulate fertalisation) side effects quite painful last time, but not so bad this time which is a positive I guess. I make my husband do the injections as I can't bear the thought of injecting myself - although he wasn't too keen to start off with either. It's strange but this second time around we have been a lot more relaxed about it and I haven't been awake stressing half the night. I started on 50 clicks and this time it was 75 clicks, I am guessing it goes up with each time. I would be interested to hear people's stories about this and if there is anyone out there who is going through / been through Monash Babies in Melbourne I would really love to hear your experience with them. Ok will keep you all posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    I'm happy for your sister but I'm sorry it wasn't you announcing your pregnancy instead. Hugs.
    I know it makes me an awful person but I'm not happy for her. At all. She has 4 children she can barely afford and she keeps just cheerfully popping out more because her and her partner are too stupid to use any sort of protection. Not to mention her partner had a mild heart attack last year, meaning at any point he could have another and they would be on unemployment/disability benefits (or she could be left on her own if he happened to pass away) with 5 children.

She just doesn't think and it makes me angry that DH and I have to try so hard and pay so much for the small chance of having just ONE baby...

It also makes me angry that I work very hard every day so I can pay tax so she can have parenting payments as she hasn't worked in almost 11 years (since my neice was born).

I know my feeling that way is not fair. But I can't help it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

No, I think all your comments sounds very fair and reasonable to me... I would totally be feeling the same way if I were you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And to top it off, my mother thinks I'm horrible because I'm upset by it! Because apparently her getting pregnant wasn't done to upset me. I know that. It was done in spite of the fact that it would upset me...

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I would feel the same way as you KarmaJane. Life really isn't fair sometimes!

I did my 1st gonal f injection this morning, didn't hurt but I felt a bit nauseous and dizzy after.
    I thought it might just be because I had just injected myself :O ....but I felt nauseous all day. Is this normal?
    It says to call the Dr if I feel headache, nausea, stomache pain etc but i have heard people say they get a little bit sick while on it and thats normal... At what point should I worry?

Thanks
    Reviews

During my first cycle of injections I actually threw up a couple of days in. It's probably your body just adjusting. But if you're worried, call your clinic and ask. There are no stupid questions!

AFM: Very emotional today (obviously). Trying to be positive but keep spiraling into "woe as me, life isn't fair" mode. DH pointed out that me getting upset isn't helping our little embie. Been having a dull ache in the right side of my lower tummy today which sometimes radiates to the other side. A little like AF pain but longer and I'm assuming too early for AF. it's implantation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Btw Almai, I did my injections at night to try and sleep through most of the nausea.