Closed Thread
Page 105 of 124 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1239
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Injections Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Oh minipolly!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! When is your first scan??? I hope it's a beautiful sticky bub!!! Send some of that baby dust my way would you??? xoxoxoxoxoxo
    Thanks girls!!
    First scan is at 8 weeks so on the 12th sept, 4 whole weeks away!!! Don't know how I'll last that long! I have repeat bloods for the next 2 weeks though just to make sure my hcg levels are rising ok.
    I so hope this spreads & there are loads more BFP's soon xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    A huge congratulations to you minipolly. It's so great to finally have a BFP in here! SO happy for you!

Babydust, I'm sorry your cycle had to be cancelled Hope AF comes soon so you can try again.

AFM: I was advised yesterday afternoon to drop my injectionsback down to 50 for last night and tonight and go in tomorrow to see how things are coming along. FINALLY I had some growth - there are two follicles hovering around 12/12.5. Lots of smaller ones so here's hoping the smaller ones stop. It took over a week for a 2mm change in the large follicles so I'm really hoping it doesn't continue to be that slow. That being said though, if it means keeping the smaller ones small, I'd rather wait a little longer for the bigger ones to be ready.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

minipolly2b  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for your follies, Becca!

Greenfairy, if there are 3 of us in the TWW, I expect 3 BFPs in 2 weeks or so

AFM: Having a strange experience. I am a huge fan of caffeinated soft drinks, i.e. Pepsi and Coke. I hadn't had one since before my egg collection. Tonight I decided that it would be okay for me to have just one so I got a Coke with my dinner. All good...except it pretty much tastes like NOTHING. All I can taste is bubbly water I'm guessing its the progesterone as its way too early for bubba to have implanted let alone be affecting my taste buds. It's so very strange but at least it'll be a LOT easier than I thought for me to give up caffeine for pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well girls, looks like I'll be joining those of you in the TWW on Monday. YAY! I have one follicle at about 16 and one still around 12.5. I'm to inject with 50 as normal tonight, nothing tomorrow then trigger Sunday morning for IUI on Monday. I was warned that there may be an increased chance of twins if both the follicles keep growing as the smaller one could get up to around 16 by the time I O. I've wanted twins for years even before we started having trouble TTC so although that would be a huge dream come true for me, I would appreciate one just as much.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Last edited by GBA85; 17-08-2012 at 16:28. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews

Yay! Congrats Becca

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

I am not on injectables (YET) but fear it is heading that way as I don't think the 150mg clomid is going to make me O this month. 50mg and 100mg also failed. So if no luck on 200mg I would move on to injections.

Can I ask what the procedure is for injections? E.g. when in your cycle and how often? Also how much do they cost?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Bond Girl

All of that depends on your doctor. Unfortunately the first cycle can be a little bit of playing around to see what works. I was on 125iu of Gonal f every day from day 5-15 of my cycle. On day 14 and 15 I also injected with Orgalutran (to stop me ovulating) and late day 15 I triggered with Ovidrel.

A lot of needles! And I personally found it easier to give them to myself as I figured out how to make it not hurt. Other girls here find it easier to get their partner administer their meds but its whatever works for you. The needles are very fine gauge so not too scary unless you have a phobia.

I'm now in my TWW so no more needles. Only pessaries (yuck) once a day.

I never did anything other than injectables as DH has a low count so we were straight on ICSI but I hear a lot of girls say that they react better to the injectables than any other meds so it might not be a bad thing if you have to use them. Anyway, good luck and welcome

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Whoops! Forgot to say, I paid $0 for my meds as my clinic bulk bills them. Although it could be different if you're not doing IVF/ICSI, I'm not sure.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Hi girls

I am not on injectables (YET) but fear it is heading that way as I don't think the 150mg clomid is going to make me O this month. 50mg and 100mg also failed. So if no luck on 200mg I would move on to injections.

Can I ask what the procedure is for injections? E.g. when in your cycle and how often? Also how much do they cost?

Thanks for your help!

I am about to start my 1st lot of injections tomorrow! (getting scared now!!)

I am doing IUDI and am injecting gonal f (25) from day 4 untill day before O then ovidrel trigger (250)

Because I'm on low dose, I only need 1 pen of gonal f ($35) and 1 pen ovidrel ($85) then after IUI, I will need progesterone pesseries everyday for 2 weeks or up to 12 weeks (if BFP) which cost $45 a week.

Medicare won't cover the cost because I have 'social infertility' (in a same sex relationship) so I pay full price for EVERYTHING.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Almai! The injections aren't that much to worry about. Especially if you have a bit of fat on your tummy; inject there and you can get away with not feeling them at all! Also if you stretch your skin out then pinch down, inject and let go of the pinch before withdrawing the needle, you shouldn't bleed or have any of the meds come out (I used to get a little bead of gonal or a bead of blood at the injection site until I figured it out ); it's like your skin closes as it goes back into alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    Medicare won't cover the cost because I have 'social infertility' (in a same sex relationship) so I pay full price for EVERYTHING.
    How rude! I can't believe that! You have as much of a right to treatment as everyone else! But at least you can help out some of the others with general prices of things...hopefully you won't need to pay for everything for too long because you'll get a BFP.