Closed Thread
Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking Injections Support Thread

Hi Ladies!

I found the clomid support thread to be so great, but now I am moving on to injections for ovulation induction, and I could not find a similar thread. Maybe its my inability to search properly, so if there is already one available my apologies.

If not though, let us injection girls stick together and support each other!

My name is Mam, and I am on provera to bring on AF for ovulation induction via FSH injections. As I have done one round of injections before a few years ago and had to double the dose to get anything happening, my starting dose is 75 units.

Extremely excited!! Looking forward to talking to more of you in the same boat!!

Mam xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mam!

Thanks so much for starting this thread, what a great idea

As you know I am also on provera to kick start AF, clomid didn't work for me so onto injections as well as IUI. This comes after nearly 2 years TTC and I'm impatient!!

Hope there are more of us out there!

Baby dust hun, hope this is the cycle for us both

Minipolly x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Hi Mam!

Thanks so much for starting this thread, what a great idea

As you know I am also on provera to kick start AF, clomid didn't work for me so onto injections as well as IUI. This comes after nearly 2 years TTC and I'm impatient!!

Hope there are more of us out there!

Baby dust hun, hope this is the cycle for us both

Minipolly x
    Hey Minipolly!

So exciting!!! What dose are you starting on?? 30 units?? What day do you start?? We were thinking of IUI too, as i am not sure how many times i want to keep doing this, but we want to give it a try the old fashion way for a cycle or two (as his sperm count is ok). U never know!! But I imagine that I will want to do IUI also eventually! Ups your chances!!

Last day of provera today!! YAY Bring it on!!!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you!!

Mam xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    I am on my second round of Gonal F so any questions welcome
    I am currently on 62.5 but my bloods tomorrow will tell me if I need to go up. I have found them much better than Clomid because I did finally O after 16days of them though but still
    Amyway love to hear how you both find them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Hi ladies
    I am on my second round of Gonal F so any questions welcome
    I am currently on 62.5 but my bloods tomorrow will tell me if I need to go up. I have found them much better than Clomid because I did finally O after 16days of them though but still
    Amyway love to hear how you both find them
    Hi 21andtrying!!

This is my second round too but the first was a good 6 years ago now!! Haha!!

I didn't like the side effects from the clomid, and it did nothing. The hot flushes are unmanageable with my work so me and my FS were both keen to start injections again, although I am sure they will not be without their own side effects!!

Speaking of which, what side effects did you have with the injections??

Thanks!!

Mam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mam,

I have got barely any side affects with my injections. Slightly moody but so much worse with clomid!! I like the injections because the FS can play around with the dose in the middle of the cycle rather than waiting out to find no O. Sometimes I get a sharp stabbing pain but it goes away quickly.

Lets hope this round works for you when do you start? I am CD9 today so day 7 of injections. Are you going on Gonal F or Puregon?

Fingers crossed this month is really ours!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!

Thanks 21andtrying!! I start gonal F as soon as AF comes. She said that usually she waits from day 2-5 but she said to start straight away.. Then bloods day 5... Surely the follicle won't grow too much after only 5 days...?? Ah well we shall see.. Trial and error!

Did u say you were doing IUI??

Hopefully mood swings won't be too much trouble... Better than the stupid hot flushes!!!
    What time do you take your gonal f??

Today is your blood test isn't it?? How did you go?

Minipolly, when are u expecting AF??

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello ladies

Mam - I only just saw your reply in my other thread - thank you for pointing me here!

I'm currently on cycle 2 of Gonal F injections. I previously did several rounds of Clomid, which made me ovulate, but also thinned the endometrium too much so I got AF about 7 days after ovulating.

For cycle 1 of Gonal F I had 50mg for 12 days. I had a scan somewhere in the middle of that, which showed 1 follicle developing, but it needed more time before the trigger injection so I kept going for a few more days. We then did a shot of Pregnyl as the trigger, and were told to go forth and multiply!

Despite our best efforts no multiplying happened. The good part was that I got AF exactly 14 days after ovulating - so that was the longest second half of a cycle ever for me.

The FS said that my endometrium had once again been too thin, and this was probably because I had also had a low dose of Clomid that cycle.

So this time around no Clomid at all. I'm currently on day 3 of injections, and going back for a scan on Monday.

I asked the FS about IUI, and he said he thinks it's not needed at this stage as DH was fine when we were checked out a few years ago. He's sent him off for some tests though, so we'll see what the result is.

Not sure why the Clomid was such a problem this time around, as I used it a few years ago to conceive DD.

Anyway, sorry about the essay! That's my background

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mam I have 2 more provera tablets to go so expecting AF on Sunday / Monday approx (last time it took 3 days after provera for AF to come). Can't wait to get started!! I am meant to be having 30 units from day 2, then scans and bloods to see what happens. We didn't have to do IUI but chose to in the hope that it would hurry things up a bit! My DH has a great count of >70 million but his morphology is only 5%.....but the FS said that is still 3.5 million good sperm with good motility so it shouldn't be an issue. We just don't want to wait anymore, and it doesn't cost us that much extra to add the IUI on top of the injections & scans etc etc. Definitely cheaper than IVF! We will try 3 cycles of IUI and then if nothing happens have a break and decide what to do. I can't remember, how many days does it take you to get AF after provera Mam? Was it 5 last time? Hope it comes soon!!

21andtrying good luck, hopefully cycle #2 of injections is what you need to get that BFP! I'm glad to hear you didn't get any side effects from FSH apart from mood swings, that I can deal with, much better than clomid! Did you get sore at the injection site? Did you numb your skin with anything before injecting? Some say ice helps, have you tried this?

GirlX I didn't realise they did clomid + injections at the same time? What dose of clomid were you on? Hopefully this cycle #2 is lucky for you too! Congrats on your DD, hope she can have a little brother or sister very soon.

Wow what a journey we are on, I never thought it would be this hard and I certainly didn't think I would need to inject myself daily just to get pregnant! I still struggle to understand why it is so easy for some and not for others.

Baby dust all, I hope we have success very soon xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to minipolly2b For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

Just went and had my BT to see how my levels are will wait until 3pm to find out how they are going

Mam: no we are not doing IUI because DH swimmers are perfect so just waiting for the right little fella to catch it . I do my Gonal F at 630 every morning. I only chose to do it then because that's when I am up for work.

Girl X: your story sounds very similar to mine my first round was exactly the same as yours let's hope this round is even better and we all get our soon

Minipolly: i don't find the jabs bad at all, although this round I'm finding it harder to jab myself, not sure why think its a mental thing . I don't ice or numb because I don't find it painful but then again I do have a good pain threshold. And I am very lucky I have not yet had a bruise from one, and last cycle I did it 16days haha and not sore at all. But everyone is different

I agree entirely!!!! Never saw myself needing to jab myself to have a bubba, oh well I see it as we are just trying to make the perfect prince or princess!

Lets hope we have success stories in the next few weeks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 21andtrying For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (11-01-2012)