+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    lol bless our lil nerds.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    My DH researches everything, then researches some more

We've just bought a Samsung Smart 3D tv and he loves it. The picture quality is awesome and the 3D is WOW.

As others said, shop around and check online too. We live in a regional area and it was cheaper to buy online than local ... in the end a local store matched the online price.
    yep mine too

and we also have a Samsung 3D LCD.

we have bought our tv from the electrical discounter, and they have been fantastic.

We bought a previous one from there, and had a warranty claim just before the warranty was due to expire, but was no hassles. They came and fixed it straight away.

DH was advising my parents on a tv as well ... and said definitely go with a Samsung.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    we have a HD sanyo one and its great

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    We just brought a brand spanking new LG 3D smart tv, it's fully High def, LED screens, 3D,

We have the same TV. Its freaking awesome! I dont watch 3D though, i cant get comfy wearing the glasses when i already wear glasses. Good thing about the DVD player is it has a hard drive, i can load the kids DVD's & not worry about them killing them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleTime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a plain old lg 50inch. Paid a fortune 3 years ago . Now they are $599. Saw a lg 60inch for 999!! Do you want basic or fancy ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Depends on what you both like. Personally, I hate huge TVs. I think they are an eyesore! I'd prefer a smaller, more sensible TV that isn't the focus point of the living area. Unfortunately for me, DP already owned a huge TV before we moved in together so it's here to stay. It's quite a few years old and poor DP almost cries when he sees the price of new TVs as he paid thousands and thousands for his when he could have a new fancy eyesore for less than half the price nowadays!

It is a Samsung and it does the trick, has lasted years but so has my el cheapo no-name s,aller LCD that I had before we moved in together! So my advice is don't go too crazy over the latest fads because you will find it for half the price a few months later and end up in tears in the middle of the electronics department!