+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thanks! GREAT tips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The best move I've ever done was the one to the house we're in now...DH sent me and three month old DS away for the weekend, not a single item packed (I had no idea we were moving). I arrived home two days later to a new house that was 80% unpacked Go team hubby and helpers!
    I plan on moving this way every single time now! DH is not as keen on the idea!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-01-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    The best move I've ever done was the one to the house we're in now...DH sent me and three month old DS away for the weekend, not a single item packed (I had no idea we were moving). I arrived home two days later to a new house that was 80% unpacked Go team hubby and helpers!
    I plan on moving this way every single time now! DH is not as keen on the idea!!
    Love his work!

This time im hiring someone to move & pack us.

Tip-Never move yourself interstate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleTime For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-01-2012)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congrats Nomsie!!!!!!!! 4 months on the market and my nerves were shot, couldn't imagine 4 years.

I'm reading avidly, as I am buying a house this month hopefully....

Areca, I'm doing something similar.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Areca, it sounds like when we moved into this house- I had to work (report writing time, of course so DP did most of it himself, with help from his sister and brother I think. Wish it would happen like that this time!

Well, we signed contracts today, so we're officially 'under contract'... I have 30 days to find us somewhere to live and pack us all up!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie congratulations on the signing of your contract. We had 2 years of "on the market' with our last place and that was way too much for me. We had a double mortgage for 12 months as a purchaser pull out of the sale.

Does this mean that the purchaser has sold their property and settlement is in 30 days? I asked because you said it was conditional on them selling their property.

The only additional advice I would offer is
    - pack up the kids and pets and have them stay with someone the day of the move, get extended family members / friends to assist with moving all your backyard furniture, BBQ, swing sets, toys and garage items as it is easy for them to do without needing your input.
    - put your other half in charge of dismantling, moving and reasembling the larger items and then you can concentrate on packing boxes, their placement and unpacking in the new house.
    - hire a cleaner and carpet cleaner to clean your old house once you have moved.
    - when finished make sure you have a nice cold refreshment or 2 in an esky to enjoy and

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Poppers For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (13-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yes, their sale went through earlier than expected, so we signed the papers over a week earlier than the original date!

Thanks for the good tips