+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question What led you to have multiples?

I'm sure we've all read that certain factors can lead to having multiples: genetics, IVF, etc. But out of curiosity, what factors led you (in your opinion) to have multiples?

The main reasons given my most websites are:
    • Genetics
    • Assisted reproduction
    • Fertility meds
    • Advanced maternal age
    • Having already had a significant number of children
    • Being overweight
    • Being of above average height
    • Breastfeeding when having fallen pregnant again
    • Having fallen pregnant when on the pill/having just come off it.

For me, genetics played no part (in my known family history), nor am I overweight and am of average height. But I was 40 when I conceived my twins and they were my 5th and 6th children. I don't know if this is also a contributing factor, but I'd had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks and D&C's the month before conceiving the twins.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Nothing. ID twins are generally considered a 'freak occurance' because they don't know for sure why an egg splits.

I wasn't old (24), I wasn't overweight, I lead a healthy lifestyle. There was no assisted reproduction methods.. it was just 'one of those things'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sex
    Genetics... Have 3 sets of ID twins and 1 set frat on sperm donors side and 2 sets of ID twins on my side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sexy time while on the pill & taking antibiotics.

I was 20, fit, healthy & bloody stressed. I a freak of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Sex
    Genetics... Have 3 sets of ID twins and 1 set frat on sperm donors side and 2 sets of ID twins on my side.
    Sperm donor haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol well he may as well be!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No idea. There were no twins in our family AT ALL... for generations and generations.

Then ours. DH and I don't smoke or drink, he was extremely fit...

I had never been on contraception before, and then had the implanon.... which I had major reactions to, got it taken out and fell pg with the boys.. I have heard somewhere that the implanon can increase chances of ID twins... but I'm not sure if that's what contributed to the boys.

I believe in a creator having an awesome plan... and these boys are absolute powerhouses.... so I think they were just mean to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Lol well he may as well be!
    If the boot fits. I'm pretty sure it does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really sure tbh I mean I could say there in my family as my mother had a set of twins that are fraternal and I know dads dads mum or something had a few sets having like 14 kids back in the 50's but I'm having identical and they took 7 months to conceive and it just turned out that way as I'm a size 6 well 3 months pregnant and a size 9 but was size 6 am healthy no ivf it just happen lol still in shock :-O

Thanks
    Reviews
    This isnt about me. Its about my cousin(female). No set of twins on either our side or her DH side and she had 2 sets of ferternal twins back to back. She wasnt fit nor unhealthy, she wasnt on the pill and they werent conceived by medical intervention. It just happened. Its very weird. Even the drs were shocked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.5 month old B/G bubs were concieved the old fashioned way, 2 nights of dtd not trying at all and then BAM.

I was 24 at the time, I am tall (5'10) and a sz 14 but no other bubs or pregnancies. My mum's father is a BB frat so i'm asuming my g/grandmother had the multi-ov gene and i have it too.