Closed Thread
Page 85 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm pretty excited to say that my ovarian drilling and clomid have worked and I have Oed!!!! FS also tested my blood for HCG and said I need to have another test on Monday. He didn't say exactly why but it sounded like they detected a tiny amount and want to confirm with another test. I'd be over the moon if it comes back +ve but am just as excited that I have finally Oed. and for everyone else and hopefully you all have some good news soon too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anxious- I have been to a dietician at the referral of my FS. It was not bulk billed but I was able to claim it on my private health. It was helpful. I thought I had a slow metabolism but my metabolism test came back normal! They also help you to make good food and drink choices by putting it in perspective e.g. you can drink a bottle of wine or have dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainsleyp View Post
    Sorry for all the posts. I can't see all of your posts on my phone.

I took primolut for 5 days and AF came 3 days after stopping. Now on 2nd day of clomid.

I'm similar to you prinnyc. Not overweight, no other symptoms and didn't know I had a problem until stopping the pill let me know how you go fx
    Hey AinsleyP, so had my appt today and got prescribed primoulut for seven days. Then once AF arrives take clomid day 2 to 6.

I was really emotional the last couple of days because it seems like everyone is pregnant!!! then i found out two more of my friends are too. I was really happy for them but it made me cry!! Anyway just happy to get started on treatment!

Are you taking just the 1 clomid tablet? what else did your fs tell you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi prinnyc!

That's great about your appt. AF came 3 days after I stopped primolut, then 25mg clomid on days 5-9 (that's half a tablet). I think most people start in one tablet (50mg) but I have a lowish BMI and I think she wanted to start conservative?

I'll have a scan on day 12 to check for follicles. Will you have a scan? Are you in 50mg?

I've have no side effects on clomid but primolut made me crazy!!!! Felt so erratic and was moody I hope it's better for you. I wonder why you're on it for 7 days?

Did the FS tell you anything else?

Good luck with the primolut. Let me know how you're feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Sparky B! So exciting!!! Make sure you update us.

Was the ovarian drilling day surgery? Is that an option after you've been on clomid for a while?

961, sounds like you got some great info. Will you be on meds too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went on clomid at 50mg, then 100mg, then 150mg and had no O. So then surgery. Was only for the day I recovered pretty quickly, just a little sore. That was 4 weeks ago now. Started back on clomid at 150mg the week after surgery and O happen right on schedule for a 28 day cycle. FS said my only other option was to try IVF and we can't afford that so thought we'd give surgery a go and it appears to have worked.

I'll keep you all updated and hope you all get some great news soon too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Hi ladies...
    Wondering if anyone here has pcos but fairly regular af??
    My new fs has me going in for a laparoscopy in 3 weeks, she's thinking I may have mild pcos.... Some af are painful, some not!
    Bleed heavy for 1-2 days then light for 2 days.....
    Googled symptoms & I have most symptoms but not all... I don't show any cysts in my u/s....

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..
    Bump???

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anxious for no3 View Post
    Has anyon been to a dietician? I thought after a positive diagnosis of PCOS that we should receive a referral to a dietician and it would be bulk billed- bit like when you get type 2 diabetes?
    Anxious - I do these at work for the dr's and we should be entitled to it. In order to get a referral (meaning you can visit a Dietitian with a rebate from Medicare) your GP needs to do a 'Chronic Disease Management Plan' and 'Team Care Arrangement'. Just ask them about it next time you are there.

Sparky - I'm very happy for you. Keen to see how your next blood test goes!

MARTTC - sorry, Im definately not regular.
    Last edited by Shell T; 19-07-2012 at 23:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Marttc I'm as far from regular as you can get!

I had ovarian drilling after I had done 6 rounds of clomid and got up to as much as 200mg of clomid! I know crazy right and I didn't even O on 200mg. I don't know if I o'd straight after the drilling but AF showed up 17 days post surgery on her own and then I actually o'd all by myself without clomid on CD22 of the next cycle but sadly couldn't catch that damn egg

My FS then put me on a round of 50mg of clomid which I initially questioned as I didn't O on that last time but amazingly, the FS thinks I o'd on CD15! My bbt chart is horrifically ugly this cycle though so I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow FP! Hopefully the 50mg is all you need now!

I forgot to add previously, I spoke to the Dietitian at work and she said people with PCOS need to follow a low GI, low Carb, high protein diet. The closest "fad diet" is the CSIRO one.
    I started eating low GI 6 days ago and have already lost 1.5kg. I'm currently 80kg and would love to be 70kg.