Closed Thread
Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by prinnyc View Post
    Hi Ladies

Im a newby to the forum. Hubby and I have been trying to concieve for baby#1 since November 2011. I had been on the pill for 9 years so never noticed i had pcos.Since going off the pill then my cycles were eratic. Im not overweight at all. So After many visits to the GP she finally referred me for an ultra scan which confirmed pcos. Got a referral to Gyno last week and he wanted to obtain some more blood tests to check hormone levels but i have an another appt with him this week to start treatment (clomid). Currently it has been over 4months since my last period.. Has anyone had to take tablets to bring on period before you can start clomid..?? because at this stage i could be waiting a while. I just want to get the ball rolling now because it might be a long process.
    Sorry for all the posts. I can't see all of your posts on my phone.

I took primolut for 5 days and AF came 3 days after stopping. Now on 2nd day of clomid.

I'm similar to you prinnyc. Not overweight, no other symptoms and didn't know I had a problem until stopping the pill let me know how you go fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...
    Has anyone heard of or is trying a powder called maca?? Apparently it naturally balances hormones and is really helpful to us woman with PCOS... I started it today but it's prob too late for this cycle as I am cd7 today... But I thought I would share with you ladies....

Good luck to everyone in their TWW
    Baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies...
    Wondering if anyone here has pcos but fairly regular af??
    My new fs has me going in for a laparoscopy in 3 weeks, she's thinking I may have mild pcos.... Some af are painful, some not!
    Bleed heavy for 1-2 days then light for 2 days.....
    Googled symptoms & I have most symptoms but not all... I don't show any cysts in my u/s....

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hrrmm never heard of the maca powder. Just read a few sites. Seems interesting see how it goes for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your comments guys. I'm actually not to bad this time round. Starting to get used to it all.

I have an FS appointment next Tuesday to go over the results of our chromosomal testing, he wanted to see me face to face :fingerscrossed everything is ok.

Took CD3 Clomid tablet #1 last night argh have this awful head ache. But you are right guys, at least my body is kinda working and I'm going to give this month a GREAT GO!

Welcome to all the newbies as well

Miss Petepie have you tried to go on a radical diet? I went on 2 weeks of no carbs, sugar, caffeine or alcohol (yes I nearly died!) and then another 2 weeks of low carb, still no sugar but I lost 5kgs and I ovulated the very next week and fell pregnant as well. Sometimes a shock to the system gets those ovaries working? Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

done the 5 days of clomid now, just waiting to get again.

Had to have a GTT (blood tests) today, to see if I am predisposed to diabetes....that wasn't fun, took 2 hours and had to drink this horrible glucose drink.

Still struggling with sugar, and think that drink will make me ill tomorrow!

Really stressed out at the moment with one thing or another and trying to stay not stressed is stressing me out more.....

Anyhow, have an appt. with the FS next week so we will find out how I am doing with the Thyroid and Blood sugar tests....

Hopefully 3rd time lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Della I have thought of something like that. Might look into it further and stick to it anything to help and it's not ment to be easy

Good luck with your appt. Mines a week after yours and we get my dp's results back too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Miss Petepie, good luck with yours too!

No, none of this is easy unfortunately and the diet is especially hard. If you're anything like me the more you stress the more you want comfort food and usually comfort food = BAD!

I'm currently easing my way into a low carb, low sugar, no caffeine diet. I've done 7 days without coffee and with the combo of Clomid, I have one hell of a headache!

Thinking of you all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a good start already! I've stopped all caffeine so far. Water and natural juices are ok food isn't weakness however the amount of fresh fruit n veg I have doubled exercise has lifted too next week my dp is on night shift so I can do a week solid of clean eating see how that goes lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    next week my dp is on night shift so I can do a week solid of clean eating see how that goes lol

I always find it easier when theyre away too- but then have one really bad day!!
    Do you find your cravings alter during your cycle???
    Has anyon been to a dietician? I thought after a positive diagnosis of PCOS that we should receive a referral to a dietician and it would be bulk billed- bit like when you get type 2 diabetes?
    has anyone lost alot of weight with metformin? or just maintained it?