Closed Thread
Page 81 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you are still unwell FP!
    Hope the swimmers were not too shaken around. Hopefully the time off work is a benefit and you fall prego!
    Just curious do you dtd every day when you O? My last FS suggested to do it every second day. Not sure what my new FS thinks and will ask tomorrow... Interesting to hear different opinions. I may have asked this question already so sorry if sounding like a broken record.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by familyplanner961 View Post
    We did the deed last night and will do it again tonight but I'm definitely not overly enthusiastic. I think all the coughing last night was probably shaking all the swimmers loose as well.
    hope you feel better soon FP! Don't lose hope, I was SO sick the weekend we conceived. Was also really busy at work (2nd last week of school) had a wedding and my sister's 21st. I totally thought our effort was wasted but fate had other ideas! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I'm another newbie, this is my first post. This looks like a great place to talk to other people who are going through similar things so I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

I'm still fairly early on in the journey but already finding it difficult in some ways. I've known I had PCOS since I was 16 and was on the pill until the end of last year. I had to do the 6 month wait before I could see a FS, and started with the FS at the start of last month. So it's only been about 7 months.

I don't cycle on my own at all so I took Primolut to get things started and then started Clomid at 1/2 a tab. I've had 7 visits now for u/s and worked my way up to 1 1/2 tab.

As of this morning he said to start my cycle again with the Primolut and then take 2 tabs of clomid a day from day 5 to 9 and go back on day 13 for u/s. So I'm looking at a few weeks off now and another wait.

I know I should get used to all the waiting as this journey could drag on for a while, but I can't help being impatient and wishful thinking.

Looking forward to talking with you all and folllowing your results. Oh and learning all the lingo, I have no idea about some of the acronyms so I'll have to learn.

Thanks for reading! Ijjies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Ijjies. It sounds like your FS is being very cautious with the clomid. I started on 50mg (1 tablet) and when that was unsuccessful, I went straight up to 100mg (2 tablets). I've recently had a lap & dye and ovarian drilling so my FS said to start back on 50mg and hey presto! Ovulation! I'm so glad that I had the ovarian drilling.

Thanks for your input kellymac. I need some positive vibes. How is your pregnancy going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh fp what was the drilling like? Was it a big procedure? Or didn't feel a thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Ijjes, I hope your stay is short and sweet

Well I'm going to POAS this weekend, CD28 and CD29 (8-10 DPO). Wish me luck! I'm nervous because I don't really have any symptoms, but at least with Clomid you don't feel like you have to wait an eternity for ovulation again.

Have a lovely weekend ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Joining the tww. Not 100% certain of O, but had pain around my right ovary a few days ago (at expected O). DP and I have been BDing every second day as per FS orders. Will have a blood test next week to check for O. Fx for everyone waiting and hoping the time goes quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    miss petiepie- There was only one small incision that needed to be stitched and they also went through the belly button as well but no need for stitches there. It was day surgery so once I recovered from the general anesthetic, DH was able to take me home. I had 2 days off work afterwards just to be careful of the stitches because I work in child care but there was no more than a bit of bloating, tenderness and general AF symptoms. The doc also said that I may experience some shoulder tip pain as well but that didn't happen to me.

I did play on it a bit for a day though but then my MIL passed away the day after the surgery so the fun was over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by familyplanner961 View Post
    Thanks for your input kellymac. I need some positive vibes. How is your pregnancy going?
    No worries. We are both going well. I had to stop work at 16 weeks cos of blood pressure (had it pre preg thanks to PCOS!) since then its been really good - as you'd expect without working! OB thought id have to deliver via Caesar about 32-35 weeks. I'm 33 now and he's confident I should make it to 38. Won't let me go over that tho just in case. So provided my BP doesn't suddenly shoot up I will go to hospital on Aug 20 for an induction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad you're going to make it to 38 weeks Kelly Mac. Must have been scary when they said 32 weeks! Now you'll be able to have your precious baby and take her home with you without having her in NICU. So you're going to try for a natural birth first? I hope your BT behaves itself for the next few weeks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to familyplanner961 For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (15-07-2012)