Closed Thread
Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so made it to Sunday before POAS to a BFN
    Oh well!
    Nothing over till the fat lady! Really sore bbs and lots of aches and cramps around my stomach, sortta like AF but also not!

Anyhow could just be the clomid!

Keep waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

Off to see the gynae tomorrow!!!

Hoping she can put me on clomid or something to help regulate my uncooperative ovaries lol

Hoping for another tww soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    FP, the clomid makes me like that as well, it's a terrible drug for mood swings.

I don't think there is an answer for what is worse, because I believe both are as equally painful. Having had 3 m/c and 1 ectopic resulting in surgery there is a lot of grief and crushed hopes involved, just as there would be without falling.

Infertility in whatever sense is cruel and I think that's why it is really good to have these support groups to get you through it. Those that don't have conception issues have no idea what it is like and how hard the medication is to take. We are lucky to live in a society where there is such a diverse range of things to do before you exhaust all options of one day being a mum.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way

Keep positive MiniRoo, you might have just tested that bit early if your O came later as you thought it could have! Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well said Della, having been through a MC myself, it is difficult as it is so painful esp as it was unexpected (the preg not the mc), but also hopeful in that it was actually possible.

Anyhow working on the later dates I am 9DPO. So not too disappointed. But I have the worst wind. I can't stop farting. I mean really bad stinky ones every 20mins or so.....sorry if TMI.

I don't know whether it is because I went for a swim this morning or worked in the garden at the weekend but I have a tired back and shoulders.

I know I am symptom spotting terribly!

to all !

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are people thoughts/experiences with metformin?

The gynae said today clomid has to be administered and monitored through the hospital so there'd be costs?

I'm a little worried that I need physical help and won't be able to afford it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took metformin for around 6 months and apart from a little nausea for the first couple of weeks, I felt fine but then it didn't really help to regulate me. My fs prescribes my clomid and my scans and blood tests are bulk billed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing.

Always knew I had PCOS but I was in denial. Now that we are trying for #1, my doctor reminded me today of my PCOS and it hit home. It probably sounds stupid to have 'been in denial' but I was hoping the diagnosis was always wrong. I have all the classic signs, acne, overweight, extra body hair. Thankfully, af is a regular 30 day cycle. My doctor is hoping I am O'ing as I've been getting O pains each cycle. She told me I MUST lose 10 kilos at least and she won't do any further tests until the end of the year. I just wanted to pop in and say hi, I'm feeling a bit miserable today. Thanks for listening (Reading)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey purpz. Yup i was ( and have been up to today) on metformin for about 6 months now. It did help to regulate my cycles - although i think it was more of a mix between metformin and provera (to bring on period) that helped the most. I also took clomid when we thought my cycles were better but my fs didn't bother with tracking me - i just took it and went back to him at the end to see if it had worked. He has a very relaxed approach. Maybe speak with another fs or give the metformin a try as many people on here have had some success with using just that.

Hope that helps!

And just to report - everything went well today with my nuchal scan. Bubs has all limbs and a really low risk of d/s so think that i may finally celebrate this pregnancy.

I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all your help, support and laughs (thanks merls!) over the past journey. This is what has kept me sane over such a long time

My fingers and toes are crossed for everyone here for bfp's really soon!!! Xxx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shackles For This Useful Post:

Merlsy  (12-07-2012),TTC1  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpz View Post
    What are people thoughts/experiences with metformin?

The gynae said today clomid has to be administered and monitored through the hospital so there'd be costs?

I'm a little worried that I need physical help and won't be able to afford it!
    Hey purpz,

I am currently on metformin and i think i have been one of the inlucky women that have had a bad reaction with it. My symptoms have included:
    - in the first couple of weeks violent nausea and vomiting
    - constant diarrhea
    - weightloss (this was much needed though so a good thing)
    - hot flushes (bit this could also be the clomid)
    - loss of appetite (this is a good thing too in some ways)
    - exhaustion

But the way that everybody reacts is different. I am also only loosely monitored with clomid. I have two blood tests a month which are bulk billed to ensure that i am ovulating and that is all. So i second the recommendation that you get a second opinion

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome princessleah.

Purpz I'm on femara (the other option to clomid) and the only tests I have is day 21 progesterone bloods. Less side effects than clomid too. Just an option for you to consider...