Closed Thread
Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh i know the crying feeling. Especially when you hold their baby for the first time and you want so desperately to be holding and loving your own.

We requested after the first round of clomid, which was about 9 months, to try on clomid for another 6 months. The FS was happy for us to do this as it had been a very hard and stressful time for us.

The next stage is injections and then IUI. Hubby is more keen to keep trying as naturally as possible. I wonder why that is

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feel very blessed that your DH is still keen for it LOL. My DH needs to be dragged to the bedroom kicking and screaming during my fertile time. He says that he hates the pressure.

I'm on my 6th round of clomid but I've only ovulated once and I'm on 200mg this cycle so this will be the last cycle and I don't think I ovulated at all. My FS said that injections is not an option that he's interested in as it is almost as expensive as IVF. I'm getting ovarian drilling and a lap and dye done soon so we're going to plan a course of action after that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to familyplanner961 For This Useful Post:

Merlsy  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Munchkin, I hope you don't have a long stay on this thread and have some success soon! Sounds like you have had a long journey so far and seeing others in the position you would love to be in is hard. You go through so many coping skills in your head to try to be at peace with it all...... I hope all the medication changes might work for you and your DH keeps being an invaluable contributor
    FP, when do you start your ovarian drilling! I might google that one as it sounds a little scary!!
    Update on me, today my BBs are sore, this usually happens 1 weeks before AF arrives....seems like this month was not my month but at least I have started charting my temperature. Not sure if I will go on clomid again but considering I only gave it one cycle, might be worth another go on a stronger dose.
    Don't know if you ladies notice this but usually around the time the calendar says I should ovulate, I get a flu or whatever else is going around at the time. So far this year for me it has been the case. I did a little research and found PCOS can lower the immune system and make us susceptable to illness like this. Does anyone else experience this??? Maybe it is just my age and I am getting old....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Munchkin! You'll enjoy your time here

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm getting the ovarian drilling done on May 9th TTC1. The doc gave me a pamphlet which explains the procedure. Here's a bit from it:

" Ovarian drilling is occasionally used in PCOS patients with other symptoms. The aim is not to treat the cysts but to destroy a small portion of each ovary by drilling four to ten holes into each ovary. While it is not clear why ovarian drilling works, doctors have found that damage to a small amount of ovarian tissue tends to reduce male hormone levels and helps to restore normal or nearly normal function of the ovaries.

While success rates have been good, ovarian drilling is not a cure. The beneficial effects may be temporary, lasting about 6 months."

​I just paraphrased it a bit but that's the general gist of it. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    TY everybody

I was hoping to ask a quick question. I know that I am new and it might be TMI.

But to OPK's work for women with PCOS or do they give false results?

Also for the first month every, I have got spotting mid cycle. ATM my cycles are 32 to 35 days and I had spotting on day 19? This is usually around the time that I O.

So was wondering if anybody else has had this in their cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by familyplanner961 View Post
    I'm getting the ovarian drilling done on May 9th TTC1. The doc gave me a pamphlet which explains the procedure. Here's a bit from it:

" Ovarian drilling is occasionally used in PCOS patients with other symptoms. The aim is not to treat the cysts but to destroy a small portion of each ovary by drilling four to ten holes into each ovary. While it is not clear why ovarian drilling works, doctors have found that damage to a small amount of ovarian tissue tends to reduce male hormone levels and helps to restore normal or nearly normal function of the ovaries.

While success rates have been good, ovarian drilling is not a cure. The beneficial effects may be temporary, lasting about 6 months."

​I just paraphrased it a bit but that's the general gist of it. Hope this helps.
    I am really interested in getting this done myself!! Will be interested to see how u go!!

I always get positive OPKs cause of my PCOS, not all of us do though.. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rarely get a positive OPK and I've gotten them when I'm actually Oing usually so they work OK for me. I'll be sure to let you know how the operation goes Mam.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for info fp. Do you get the drilling done under general anesthetic? I wish you luck and look forward to hearing how it all goes for you.
    As for the opks I got 4 positives over 4 days in a row and going by the rule on how it works I understand I was supposed to get a negative by day 3 at least if I ovulated. But I would think with pcos you should use other methods at the same time to pinpoint to eliminate the lies your ovaries may be telling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTC- yeah it's general anaesthetic. That can happen with PCOS and I always find that temp charting is a far more accurate way of determining when and if you're ovulating.