Closed Thread
Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, doomed!! Apparently they all lied when they said life begins at 30!!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just joined today and glad I did. We have been ttc for 1 year now with no luck. I have been diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago but it wasn't a big deal until now. Saw a Dr here who did a scan and said I dont' have alot of cysts on my ovaries so the PCOS is not very severe. I just started clomid 50mg and on day 3. I am hoping it works the first time.
    It is great to have a place to go to get support. We are living overseas at the moment so being away from the support network back home is hard.
    I am open to advise from others in my position, anything I can do to improve me chances....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome along TTC1, Soul Cysters have to stick together

Good luck with your journey! Sending loads of babydust and hope we can help you along the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg, omg, omg.... Crosshairs!! No, not on my chin... On my chart!!! I was right!! O happened on thursday - two, beautiful, solid red lines appeared on my chart this morning!! (and no, I'm not april fooling!!!) doing a happy dance around the room!!!

Welcome ttc1 - hoping that your journey is a short one - and feel free to ask / rant as much as you like!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woooohooooo Shackles!!! Pack the FRER's - you're going to need them!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind welcome. My questions start with what is crosshairs on your chart? Is this an ovulation predictor? Last question what is a FRER?
    I am very new with so much to learn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ttc, I'm also recently new but I think FRER stands for first response early response which is a brand of pregnancy test. I think the crosshairs that shackles was talking about refers to the lines you draw on a temping chart to pin point when ovulation occurs.
    I am also on first round clomid day 2 (cd3) if you want to be cycle buddies? What days of your cycle are you doing clomid? Are you having more testing through your cycle after you finish the tablets?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi greenfairy, would love to be cycle buddies and thanks for the explaination of terms! I am on CD4 and clomid day 3 so only one day ahead of you. Will be interesting to see the results. The Dr has started me on 50mg to start with. She also wanted to do a HSG to see if my tubes were blocked but the cost is around $1000 and we don't have health cover here so we decided to try our chances without. Have you had bloods taken recently? How were your hormone levels? I have high prolactin and my LH and FSH levels indicated that I didn't ovulate this cycle. My last period prior to this happened on the 4th January!
    At this stage I don't have any intention of gettting an ovulation scan but may change my mind... for now all I have is my clomid and ovulation testing kit...oh and I shouldn't forget my husband which is always helpful for pregnancy!
    I am also taking traditional chinese medicine-something very common here in Singapore and I think worth a try to use along side western medicine. I wonder if anyone else on this forum is or has used chinese herbs and had success? I have only been using them for 5 weeks so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like we have a little bit in common. I tried acupuncture once and got some herbs but DP wasn't very supportive of the alternative medicine thing so I opted not to continue with it.
    I have had lots of blood tests and hormone level checks but don't really know what the results were. However after coming off the pill I only had 3 periods in about 10 months. I took provera for 14 days after seeing the doctor then when af (period) showed up I started clomid day 2 which is sort of where I am now. I am going for a scan on day 12 and also bought a few of the opk tests which I was going to use after I see the fs until I hopefully see O.
    My doc said at this stage not worry about further invasive tests, just see how we go with a few rounds of clomid first. Fingers crossed that works and no further investigation req'd.
    It's nice to have someone at the same point as me and will be interesting to compare our treatments in Brisbane and Singapore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It definately will be interesting given this is our first try with Clomid. How many mg are you on? I am on 50mg.
    My periods have been regular over the past few years (35-46 days) so when we decided to start trying I chose to ignore my previous diagnosis of PCOS 5 years ago and had no help from Dr's of any sort. We were hoping, as I am sure everyone does, that it will happen if it is supposed to happen so didn't do too much in terms of tracking my cycle. I am also a bit freaked out about conceiving twins but realise the chances are only 10% and even if we have twins, we are in a good country for help (maids/nannies are very common here, and cheap).
    Fingers crossed for the next few days! Baby dust to you and everyone