Closed Thread
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Littledove and edb- good luck with the FS! The metformin has helped me WONDERS- and my blood tests didn't even show insulin resistance.

Within 2 weeks of taking it I got my AF on CD 60, had a 35 day cycle the next month and lost 6 cm off my waist in 8 weeks.

Unfortunately it won't have such a positive effect on all- but I have my fingers crossed for you both!

Now- just to work out how to make this little eggy meet the swimmer!

How long does everyone think I should wait (assuming I am detecting my O ok and DTD) before seeing doc cos I cant get UTD? I know most say 12 months, but with all the PCOS business it has now been 6 already that we have been trying, I just wasn't ovulating for the first 4 or so!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey cottoncandy!

Fantastic news about metformin! That's great it worked so well for you . I am interested to see what my blood results come back as regarding insulin resistance. I am trying to eat a low GI diet but I'm going some metformin will really help me on my way to loosing a few kg.

In terms of when to see a doc, I'd go sooner rather than later! I feel like kicking myself for not going sooner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Metformin sounds fab I want some too!
    I'm on day 4 of my first round of clomid and I must say I'm miss cranky pants. As well as some hot flushes now and again. Anyone else have similar side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Thanks guys!!
    I'll wait until the weekend when AF is due now but I'm not feeling positive

Anyone else testing this week??
    Keep your thoughts positive Cotton Candy. I got a BFN 10 DPO as well, then BFP 13/14 DPO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks KellyMac- tbh I'm just not feeling it this month I did just get a few sharp little crampy pains but that could be anything!!

I should add to my pro-metformin post that was also on a strict no-sugar/carbs/alcohol to reduce the sugar in my diet- which helped with the 6cm!! I don't know if this would have had an effect on my hormones or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi im new to this chat, I have had PCOS for quite sometime and have been on Metformin for about 10 years and I tried everything from metformin to doses of Clomid and appointment after appointment, time after time trying to concieve. I fell pregnant after trying so hard but miscarriaged at 8 weeks but still kept trying. One day I had enough, being told over and over it wont happen and should try IVF, I gave up. Took a few months off work because had lots holidays up and just stressed free and bugger me after stopped trying and was stress free, I got so moody and wasnt myself, Partner made me go to doctors and I was 5 weeks pregnant. I am now a mum to a 9 month old baby (5 and half months corrected) as was 15 weeks preemie but thats another long story but at the end of the day once I stopped stressing so much I feel pregnant. So I understand how hard it all is but dont give up HOPE it will happen and good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to preemiemum For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same boat ladies and now i am starting to panic... Can anyone please suggest questions that i should ask the fs? I go on thursday... Ive been waiting for this appoint for so long, and have been doing so much reading, but now that its close i cant remember anything i wanted to ask!!!

So of anyone has some suggestions PLEaSE let me know asap!! Thanks!!

Cant wait to get the ball rolling!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Preemiemum that is an awesome story! Never give up hope! Congrats on your little bundle of joy... It's post like yours that keep me ( and I'm sure lots of other ladies) going

Shackles.. Best of luck on thurs. Thinking back to my first appointment, the dr was really not good with dishing out the info. I found myself really doing most of the talking, I found it quite annoying and frustrating ESP considering the cost of the appointment! I think the right questions will pop into your head at your appointment but I wouldn't leave without asking what the next step will be... And if they say that it depends on test results, if you have any done, press for what can be done for the different results. Finally ask what steps you can take or things you can do until your next appointment.. This will keep you motivated and focused! Hope this helps

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

preemiemum  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another great success story! Many congrats!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the success stories