Closed Thread
Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome tikka!!

I have been on metformin for about 3 cycles now- I was up to day 45 when I started it and I think I got AF about day 52- who knows if it was the metformin that kicked it into gear....

Anyway since taking it my cycles are normalizing. I'm ovulating most of the time, which I wasn't, and they are around 30-34 days. I think this one might be even closer to 28!! Wooo!!

I take 2000mg of extended release daily. I have it with dinner, or right before bed. I increased the dose slowly, so 500, then a week later start 1000mg etc etc. I am now however on the 1000mg tablets so I only need two each night.

As for side effects, I was just super lethargic. A little nauseas occasionally, but hardly anymore. Maybe I was lucky, but I definitely think the extended release are a godsend and I don't know why more doctors aren't offering them!!!

Merls I'm glad you remembered to ask for them I think it will make a huge difference!

I have my fingers crossed that they start working as nicely for you as they have for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies

In the beginning I had terrible nauseous but its disappeared for the last 2 days so fingers crossed its gone for good 😜

I started taking metformin on cd 7 and I'm now on Cd 17 so I'm hoping I got in early enough for it to have an effect on ovulation.

How is everybody else going with your ttc journey?

Baby dust to all xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tiika17 For This Useful Post:

Merlsy  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well tikka i'm CD11 today, going to start SMEP today! We tried it last month but got AF on CD22 without ovulating. I have a good feeling about this month though!

I take my temperatures to track ovulation as I have trouble with the OPKs- too many false positives in the past! I'll try them anyway but I really rely on my temps to tell me what's going on.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CottonCandy For This Useful Post:

Merlsy  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies the first sign of EWCM today which is so super early for me, I haven't even had the opportunity to start SMEP as planned! I usually O about 3-4 days after first sign of it so will keep an eye on my temp and might even try OPK. Please be our month!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CottonCandy For This Useful Post:

Merlsy  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed Cotton.

CD31 and 15DPO no AF and no BFP. The waiting is a killer and I'm only a newbie. I feel bad for everyone going through this every month. Going to the bathroom becomes a game of "AF or no AF...........*drum roll*........phew so far so good lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merls- I'm dying of anticipation. Has AF shown up this morning? I really hope not and that you have a shy BFP.

AFM- I'm CD16 and waiting to O. My OPKs are getting darker but that happened last month and I didn't O. I just ordered FertileCM off Ebay as I only get a little bit of CM usually so I think that may be hampering our progress.

I really desperately want to O this month!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Familyplanner - still no AF. Only one test left and hubby thinks I'm going insane!! I've told myself no testing today, have a breather - too much pressure lol. Will wait for tomorrow *fingers crossed*

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I gave in and did a HPT and got a feint 2nd line - BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Welcome tikka - hope your stay is nice and short!

Cotton c - my fingers are crossed for your 'o' and Merls a massive fingers crossed that af stays away!

Afm, thought i may have 'o'd by myself last weekend.... Have had really sensitive nipples from wednesday... And a temp dip followed by a massive rise today. Have been trying to google info about reading charts but as this is my first month temping, im still have no clue as to what its telling me . I had been thinking that maybe im pregnant due to my bb's as they NEVER feel this way, but then think maybe im trying to 'o' this weekend... It is all so confusing!! Anyway, will test on friday at the earliest just in case. Does everyone else go for blood tests mid way through cycle to see if they have o'd??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg!! Congrats merls!!! 😄😄😄😄

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shackles For This Useful Post:

Merlsy  (19-02-2012)