Closed Thread
Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlsification View Post
    I have a question.

I'm 12DPO with tests coming back negative (I've become a POAS addict) I'm showing symptoms of pregnancy such as frequent urination, tender boobs, nausea (unbelievable nausea!!!!), constipation one minute, diarrhea the next.

My question is: I'm on Metformin for the first time. Could these symptoms also be side-effects for the Metformin I've been taking for the last 4 weeks? Any advice would be great - I'm doing my head in with the questions and poor hubby can just shrug

Edit: When I first started taking Metformin I was extremely unwell for a week. Those symptoms eased off to nothing. The latest batch of symptoms have been active for 10 days now
    Yep sounds like metformin! How much are u on?? Did u gradually increase? Are u on the slow release??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Yep sounds like metformin! How much are u on?? Did u gradually increase? Are u on the slow release??

I was prescribed 500mg twice a day, and doc said if I feel up to it, increase to 3 times a day with food. I was only on it twice a day for a few days and it didn't effect me so I upped it to 3 times a day, that's when I got really sick, bowel movements were every other minute. I persevered with it until the side-effects eased off, it only took a few days. Then I was really great, full of energy, going to the gym for 11 days. The last 10 days have been low energy, can't eat dinner, can barely stand looking at it while it's cooking, then my family eat and I go lay on the couch. I haven't been to the gym in over a week (Personal trainer is losing patience!). And all those other symptoms. It's like I wake up another day and there's another thing to add to the list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merls I didn't get the upset tummy or anything too much with the metformin- I owe that to the slow release I think!- but i did get the lethargy and constant nausea. I am on 2000mg daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlsification View Post
    I was prescribed 500mg twice a day, and doc said if I feel up to it, increase to 3 times a day with food. I was only on it twice a day for a few days and it didn't effect me so I upped it to 3 times a day, that's when I got really sick, bowel movements were every other minute. I persevered with it until the side-effects eased off, it only took a few days. Then I was really great, full of energy, going to the gym for 11 days. The last 10 days have been low energy, can't eat dinner, can barely stand looking at it while it's cooking, then my family eat and I go lay on the couch. I haven't been to the gym in over a week (Personal trainer is losing patience!). And all those other symptoms. It's like I wake up another day and there's another thing to add to the list.
    I'm on 1500 slow release which I take in the evening before bed. I started on 500 a day for 2 weeks, then 1000 for two weeks and then 1500... Tried to up to 2000 but nope, diarrhoea and nausea. Been on it for over 6 months now... Gp and FS told me to avoid the quick release as it can make u sick. If I were you I would ask for the slow release, take the whole dose at once before bed and dont worry about it til the next night! :-) won't hurt to give it a go! Xoxo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

Merlsy  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice ladies, appointment with doc in the morning to get this sorted My body is starving!! My stomach is definitely not lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Metformin and my body do not agree!! In fact, they're enemies!! Hehe
    It could be from that, but I'm sending you lots of baby dust and positive vibes that it's not the Metformin, and is instead a bubba baking! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bella!

Re: Metformin - the tummy troubles are really common with it. I take 2000mg daily and I still, even two years later, have trouble stomaching it sometimes.

I'm plodding along at CD5 today. Had a HyCoSy test today which was super unpleasant, but I'm just waiting around until we have a follow up with our RE next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I hope use don't mind I would love to be apart join this chat.

I'm 21 and was diagnosed with PCOS & insulin resistant about 3 months ago but my ovaries aren't polycystic. I am overweight and in the last 3 months I have lost 9kgs which seems to have somewhat regulated my cycles.

I am now on metformin 500mg 3 times a day and have been for just over a week.

I was wondering what everyone else's experience was with metformin? If you fell pregnant on it? What kind of side effects did you have?

Baby dust to all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doc confirmed that I o'd this month. Progesterone levels are up - fingers crossed. 14dpo and AF due today!
    Decreased metformin to 1000mg and extended release (thanks ladies - it actually took me to ask for them to receive them!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome tiika! Baby dust to all!!

Only advice I have about metformin tiika is liquids are your friends!!