+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pap smears?

Just wondering if you all get your regular pap smears?

I had let it slip and hadn't been for 2yrs (I had some cell changes about 8yrs ago and after all the treatments and monitoring I was back to yearly checks). Anyway, got the results today and its all normla.

Its amazing how it hangs over your head I wasn't really worried about it, but it was playing on my mind I guess. Good to know its all clear!

I have a friend who is 33 and has never been once - so is scared. I have offered to go with her and tried everything but she just refuses.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im 23 and haven't had one ( bad I know ) I'm trying to get the courage up to get it done soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think the first one is the hardest maybe? but it doesn't really hurt, its slightly uncomfy and a tiny pinchy but it only last a couple of seconds. I just moved medical centres, cos this place has a womens health nurse - she does all the pap smears and is really lovely. Maybe your medical centre has something similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    Im 23 and haven't had one ( bad I know ) I'm trying to get the courage up to get it done soon
    Oh gosh Hun! Just find a good female doc that you feel comfy with.. A few minutes of being uncomfy is way, way better than cancer!

I hate getting them but it's something I am do strict on.

Takes less than 5 mins to do.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I go every 2 years, the only problem for me seems to be it usually falls at my 6 week post birth check It has to be done though.

A few years back i had some abnormal cells too, and was having them yearly also. Until there's a better way of checking these things, i'm happy to suck it up and do what i have to for my own health.

I'm sorry your friend won't go, it was really lovely of you to offer to go with her. I hope she changes her mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm 19 and have Never had one and I really should but I am petrified too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    I'm 19 and have Never had one and I really should but I am petrified too!
    has anyone explained how they do it?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know i really need to get one and get over my fear of it. The last couple of weeks it's been playing on my mind and freaking out about not having one yet

Tomorrow I have to see my doctor I'm going to mention it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You know, I'd much rather have a Pap smear than go to the dentist! I'm absolutely petrified of the dentist, but having a Pap smear doesn't worry me at all. I've never had any discomfort having it done and honestly, after having given birth twice, a Pap smear is a walk in the park!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (10-01-2012),jessesgirl  (09-01-2012),Nmgb  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    You know, I'd much rather have a Pap smear than go to the dentist! I'm absolutely petrified of the dentist, but having a Pap smear doesn't worry me at all. I've never had any discomfort having it done and honestly, after having given birth twice, a Pap smear is a walk in the park!
    See I love the dentist