+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Bruises and Spider Veins - Correlation?

I have had to back-to-back pregnancies and have developed unattractive spider veins on my thighs, and it seems to be getting increasingly worse. Lately I have also noticed that I always seem to get small bruises on my thighs. (varying from the sizes of 10 cents to 50 cents coin)

Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know if there is any correlation between the spider veins and bruises? (if they are bruises at all)

All I know, is that I feel bl00dy unattractive!

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Shameless bump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I seem to have something similar where the spider veins seem to be looking more like varicose veins - I was going to ask the dr about it tomorrow - will keep you updated :-)

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have noticed alot of bruises on my legs lately and also have small spider veins here and there on my legs, so there may very well be a connection

Thanks
    Reviews
    :-( varicose veins for me :-(
    Apparently there's not much I can do other than put my feet up wherever possible !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I meant to reply to this thread if you have many bruises that you don't know where/when they come from. And they are on your legs and arms I'd see your gp and request a full blond count to check it out

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    I meant to reply to this thread if you have many bruises that you don't know where/when they come from. And they are on your legs and arms I'd see your gp and request a full blond count to check it out
    Thanks for the message, do you have any idea of what it could be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No. Ive always had varicose veins. But if I get bruises it's because my platelets are low as I have blood condition. I'm saying this is what you have but bruises can my symptoms of other stuff going on. I don't want to freak you out but I'd get bloods done just to see

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, will do!