+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Night toilet training

So i think the time has come to start DD(3) toilet training during the night. My question is, what do you use to prtect the bed if theres an accident.

Ive looked a a few things, Brolly sheets and Conni bed pads but they are very expensive. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on a cheaper option that is still going to be comfortable for her (not like sleeping on pastic).

Has anyone actually used the brolly sheets or conni bed pads?? Are they worth the money??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    With dd1 we used her regular fitted waterproof mattress protector at first but I got sick of having to change all the sheets in the middle of the night. So I got her a U shaped waterproof protector from Baby Bunting which she used over top of the fitted sheet and her other mattress protector. That way i only had to change the U shaped sheet at night. I can't remember the brand but they only come in plain white. I have seen them in big w as well. It was much cheaper than the Brolly sheet although you can't get different colors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we're trying to night train DD1 and after getting sick of changing sheets in the night i splurged and brought 2 brolly sheets. they are expensive but very good quality, easy to get off if wet and added plus of machine wash and tumble dry.

i figured we'll need them again for DD2 in a couple years so i may as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    we're trying to night train DD1 and after getting sick of changing sheets in the night i splurged and brought 2 brolly sheets. they are expensive but very good quality, easy to get off if wet and added plus of machine wash and tumble dry.

i figured we'll need them again for DD2 in a couple years so i may as well
    same.

i wished there was a cheaper alternative but we ended up with brolley sheets too they are great. will use them for future kids too if needed. Was very handy taking them on holidays and to babysitters for the night to reassure their bedding was safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I made the bed twice when TTing at night, water proof underlay, then make the bed as usual and then repeat so if a layer gets wet, rip that off in 30 secs and fresh sheets are ready and back to bed lol!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

41Hope  (09-01-2012),TheCatsMeow  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mahjong, that is a BRILLIANT idea. I'm gonna do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mahjong i do the same thing. It means you dont need to turn on lights to see what your doing...you can just rip the top layer off!
    When DD goes to bed at 8pm, she goes to the toilet, then i take her to the loo at 9.30pm before i go to bed (even though by then she is fast asleep) and just wake her up enough to do a little more and it has gotten her through the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did the double layer too but I also created a brolly sheet knock off. Finally found a use for flat cot sheets and old cot mattress protectors. With DD I cut the fitted section so it sat flat and popped the flat sheet on top. With DS I finally stitched the two together and added a flat bassinet sheet to the edges so I could tuck them under the mattress. Works a treat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't want to risk having to change 2 beds and pj's at different times during the night for our twins. So, I left their undies on and put pullups over the top. Worked perfectly because the undies helped them feel wet if they did have an accident.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannielle For This Useful Post:

TheCatsMeow  (10-01-2012)