+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle13 View Post
    Oh no, I do NOT want to know what they're doing!
    I remember "shushing" them a few times during my last c/s, as I'd told them I don't want to be told what they're doing, but I could hear them discussing them amongst themselves.
    I'll be telling them the same again this time. Ignorance is bliss for me, and I don't need the gory details!

I had a read through a few of the positive c/s experience threads lastnight, which made me feel a bit better about it all, just need to get through the next couple of days without losing my mind!
    Yep I was the same, do you have a support person going in with you? Just chat to them about mundane things so you cannot here them discussing things DH and I discussed the weather lol

You will be fine Hun just remind yourself you have done this before and you can do it again

One handed hubbing on the go

Thanks
    Reviews
    higgleandgoot -
    I've just noticed you're on the Coast - Me too!
    Did you have yours at Gosford?
    I had DS at Gosford. But chose not to return there when having DD. I went to John Hunter Hospital, it was great!
    I also told them I didn't want to know when they were cutting etc. A spinal may be a bit more comfortable for you? (as comfortable as a c-section can be?) IYKWIM? I honestly had a really good experience. I wish I got more pictures or had a look at what they were doing. As DD is our last bub. And as much as I was freaking out, I was so completely fine, I sort of regret not having a little look, lol.

Anyways, I'll have my fingers crossed that you have a great experience. You'll be holding your baby in no time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgleandgoot View Post
    I had DS at Gosford. But chose not to return there when having DD. I went to John Hunter Hospital, it was great!
    I also told them I didn't want to know when they were cutting etc. A spinal may be a bit more comfortable for you? (as comfortable as a c-section can be?) IYKWIM? I honestly had a really good experience. I wish I got more pictures or had a look at what they were doing. As DD is our last bub. And as much as I was freaking out, I was so completely fine, I sort of regret not having a little look, lol.

Anyways, I'll have my fingers crossed that you have a great experience. You'll be holding your baby in no time!
    Part of me wants to know why you decided against Gosford for your second birth.. But part of me doesn't want to know if it's going to freak me out!
    Meh I'm a sucker for punishment - why the change?

I haven't been overly impressed with the antenatal care, as in my clinic appointments. And a few times I had to go into emergency before I was 20weeks (had a couple of bleeds), I was highly unimpressed with the care there.
    But I've had to go into the birthing unit a few times and spent a night on the maternity ward and found the staff there a LOT better than in the clinics.
    I actually found the ward staff to be alot nicer and attentive than the staff at the Royal in Sydney where I had DD. They were pretty slack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!
    It's great to read about you positive elective c-section stories!
    I hope this isn't too off topic, but i was wondering if you used your PHI for elective C-section?
    I have been thinking that it is the way i would like to go. But i was wondering if PHI still covers elective c-sections, becuase they maybe arn't 'medically necisary'?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Part of me wants to know why you decided against Gosford for your second birth.. But part of me doesn't want to know if it's going to freak me out!
    Meh I'm a sucker for punishment - why the change?

I haven't been overly impressed with the antenatal care, as in my clinic appointments. And a few times I had to go into emergency before I was 20weeks (had a couple of bleeds), I was highly unimpressed with the care there.
    But I've had to go into the birthing unit a few times and spent a night on the maternity ward and found the staff there a LOT better than in the clinics.
    I actually found the ward staff to be alot nicer and attentive than the staff at the Royal in Sydney where I had DD. They were pretty slack.
    Sorry for not replying sooner!

I had a horrible experience. They "nipped" my bowel. Had to have a second operation the next day to check them- all good though! But I had a 23 hour labour, ending in a c-section, and a cranky old lady making me feel like cr4p (who then did the c-section?!). I decided their care may be better seeing as what happened there with DS, but I would have been really uncomfortable being back there.

Although, every hospital has bad stories! I loved my c-section with DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeee

Just realised you should be holding your precious bundle by now! I hope it all went smoothly, and you're recovering okay!