+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DP is a master of breaking these locks with out affecting the cases. We have bought a couple of cheap kids movies that have the plastic wrapping over the top, but is security locked underneath. When he gets home from work i'll ask him what his secret is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure if you have solved the problem, but, DP said all he does, is get 3 metal skewers(but anything similar shape would fit i guess), at either end of the case there will be a small hole, place the skewer inside and fiddle around abit, keep it tilted until it feels like it is in the right place then place the other skewer down the other end and do the same thing, then you just have to slide the lock to the slide a little bit and it should pop open for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you to you and your DP, MothersInstinct. I was waiting to see what your DP suggested, so am off to have a fiddle with my skewers! Hopefully I will have the knack as he does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck!
    This is the tutorial he learnt the trick from, hope it works for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There was no link to the tutorial, however your instructions were fine and success! Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    There was no link to the tutorial, however your instructions were fine and success! Thanks again.
    Glad you got it open... guess he isn't completely useless afterall

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can ring up and explain, it has happened to me before and ive gone in with no receipt they where fine about it, im pretty sure they would know if someone had stolen it

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I like the skewer idea - I'll try that next time they stuff up at the register .. GAH ..

I got home one night with two cranky children, raced to put the DVD on so I could cook dinner in peace and realised that it hadn't been unlocked at the checkout - I muttered a REALLY naughty word .. then rang the store who said I could bring it back (yeah .. two kids .. not gonna happen ) so she said the only way then to open it is to break the case ..

I just used two butterknives, wedged one in, and then used the other to lever the case till it cracked .. I've done it TWICE now (second one was a gift to the boys) .. and I've managed to do it without damaging the cd .. it IS time consuming, but do able

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Urgh, how annoying!

I got my self a new DVD a few weeks back and had the same issue. Thankfully I had the receipt and DF ran it back to the store. Otherwise I don't know what I would have done. Perhaps break the case open?

I hope you get it open without too much fuss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just take it to the library!! The have the swiper things for when you hire out DVDs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (12-01-2012)