+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bunk Beds

So I am going to invest in bunk beds for the kids because they share a room and having two single beds in there is taking up loads of room which means ALL the toys are in our living area. We're moving in March and I don't want their toys out still, so our option was - get a bunk bed.

Anyone have recommendations? I don't want anything fancy, none of the fairytale castle and stuff, just bunk bed. I had a look at Amart at their one that was a double on the bottom, single up the top for the sole reason that DD2 likes to roll around but now I'm thinking that'll take just as much room right? So maybe just a single/single.

I don't know if there's a website or a store that I'm missing and I want to have a look before I go out next week. TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ikea might be worth a look

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from Amart I think, but they were just two singles. I actually haven't put them together as bunk beds yet (DD2 is still a bit young) and have just had them as two singles. I wouldn't recommend mine if you are planning on moving though and needing to take them apart. The base has plastic bits that clip in and mine all broke and snapped off when we moved so now the bases aren't very sturdy (I've had to pull them apart twice now!) Just something to check if you are going to be moving at some point...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it weren't for the fact my dd has a whopping big fan in the middle of her room I would buy the one from amart that you looked at. Unless you have the singles together and made up like a double, it will still take less room. I visited a friend who had the corner ones which looked great, had 2 drawers under the bottom bed for shoes and socks, and a mini wardrobe at the end of the top one for their school and sports uniforms. I really liked the design, but don't know where they got it from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amart ones are not very good quality ours are from Ikea and have been pulled apart that many times it's not funny and are still perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    if you have a ceiling fan you could go for the ikea ones that are only half as high. i like the kura - as you can keep their toys underneath but the bed is still easy to make. the top bunk is so hard to remake if its higher and you need to stand on a ladder to reach the corners. its a full size bed so it will grow with the kids and has rails around the top so rollers won't fall out. you can also have it upside down when the kids are little to keep them lower to the ground. so you could have your older child higher and use under the bed for storage. wouldn't give you quite as much space as the bunk but would give a good place to keep toys out of the loungeroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am looking at one at Forty Winks that is a white wooden bunk that can convert into 2 singles if I decide to split them in the future. At the moment I only have the one DD though.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from Fantastic. It's a great design and solid if you're moving house etc - no breaking plastic bits like the Amart ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got dd's from Bunkers. They aren't as cheap as some if the others you see advertised but are extremely sturdy and well built. They have a website, just google them. There are heaps of styles and different heights, etc to suit.