+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I hate summer.

Last night our bedroom was nearly 28 degrees all night! DS wore nothing but his nappy and had the fan pointed on him the whole time. It took 2 hours to get him down initially though. Poor thing is an autumn baby and overheats soooo easily. Tonight I might put our little porta-aircon in the room for a couple of hours before bedtime as I don't know what else I can do to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me too! My DD2 loves to be wrapped, not sure I can do it for much longer!! Took DD1 a bit to settle last night too! Sposed to be 35 here today, it's 9.53am and my air con is on!!! Heading to the shops with girls later, not gonna be fun getting there! Not to mention the 430am wake ups that come with summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep summer without any aircon sucks. It's cool here again now but last week it got up to 35 degrees INSIDE my house, I live in a very old house with no insulation or aircon, all the fans really do is push hot air around. Lots of cold showers and baths!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    Yep summer without any aircon sucks. It's cool here again now but last week it got up to 35 degrees INSIDE my house, I live in a very old house with no insulation or aircon, all the fans really do is push hot air around. Lots of cold showers and baths!
    Wow, I've only been in 2 uninsulated rooms in my life and it's almot worse than being outside!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya! DS is 5.5 months old and he SCREAMED for an hr last night at bedtime.. he didnt want to be left alone, he didnt want to be rocked, nothing I did would comfort him. The last 4 nights have been super difficult with him.. probably because of the heat. No air con here either . He sleeps in a Woombie, but I think its just getting too hot for that.. although I'm scared to not use it.. IYKWIM..BRing on winter time.. I hate summer too!!!!!
    Last edited by liddia; 10-01-2012 at 09:49. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by captainscaptain View Post
    Wow, I've only been in 2 uninsulated rooms in my life and it's almot worse than being outside!
    Our place is insulated, and it's no cooler inside than outside. And esp at night time, when it's cooled down outside, it's still waaay hotter inside our house. It's like the insulation sucks up the heat, and holds it longer. And if we have a few hot days in a row, it takes days for the house to cool back down again.

Summer is feral!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have moved into a house with aircon. But our last house was unbearable!!! We actually moved out because we couldn't handle the heat. I've never in my life been in a house as hot as that one.