+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tea Experts

So... What tea what benefits - there seems to be so many choices.

Looking to hook into one or two. I live love love peppermint tea, white tea is ok (have a bunch of the Buddhas tears). I also don't mind that t2 tummy time. Green tea I can tolerate but find it tart - if going to start sipping loads would probably choose the Moroccan mint green tea version.

So what's best for what benefits and do you get benefits with a cup or two or do you need to be sipping cup loads daily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like chamomile tea, I find it really relaxing as well as tasty. Earl Grey and Lady Grey are always winner in my book. I adore t2's French Earl Grey

ETA - Arctic Fire is gorgeous, my friend introduced me to it and I can't wait to go buy some. I'm fussy with teas, so you'll know it's good if it's coming from me
    Last edited by Berrie; 08-01-2012 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My partner swears by the sleepy type teas for pre bed. He said it really helped him when he couldn't calm down at night due to work stress.

Or just a straight chamomile to relax.

Or a peppermint for digestion. I buy this lovely peppermint from the kin kin brand, which may be hard to get outside of qld. It has such crisp taste compared to supermarket peppermints.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    • Peppermint is good for going to sleep (so i try not to drink it till its close to bedtime).
    • Camomile i'll usually drink bucketloads when i'm sick - not sure if it helps, but it keeps me hydrated.
    • Rooibus because its socially acceptable (cause it just looks like black tea) but minus the caffeine and tanins.
    • Raspberry leaf to tone the uterus (its good for menstrual pain too - so while not pregnant or after 32 weeks).
    • Nettle tea because it helps with iron absorbtion.
    • Fennel during breastfeeding (helps with milk production).A
    • and fruit teas just because they're fun to drink.

But i'm not sure how much you need to drink for medicinal purposes - i just figure, i'm drinking tea cause i love to drink tea, so i might as well get some potential benefits out of it [and i'm not an expert - just an enjoyer of teas ]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think Rooibos is quite beneficial in a lot of ways. Battery is kinda low so wont be able to link you to anything right now, but there is heaps on google.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (08-01-2012),Witwicky  (08-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rooibos has amazing health benefits. It's packed full of antioxidants and has a low tannin rate with naturally zero caffeine. T2 do a lovely fruity blend which I love

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you find green tea too tart or bitter it might be that you're brewing it incorrectly. There's some great resources online about the right temperature to brew green tea at - its a lot lower than boiling!

I have a heap of varieties of tea (7 at work, 30+ at home). Japanese green tea with puffed rice is amazing for digestion issues. Roobios tea is yum and naturally caffeine free. T2 make a digestive tea called Licorice Legs which contains licorice (safe in moderate amounts during pregnancy) and peppermint. Fruit teas are all good, try a few until you find the ones you love.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babystepswa For This Useful Post:

Hannahly  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im a tea lover so subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babystepswa View Post
    If you find green tea too tart or bitter it might be that you're brewing it incorrectly. There's some great resources online about the right temperature to brew green tea at - its a lot lower than boiling!

I have a heap of varieties of tea (7 at work, 30+ at home). Japanese green tea with puffed rice is amazing for digestion issues. Roobios tea is yum and naturally caffeine free. T2 make a digestive tea called Licorice Legs which contains licorice (safe in moderate amounts during pregnancy) and peppermint. Fruit teas are all good, try a few until you find the ones you love.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Yes and frothing it up properly with the whisk I've only ever had nice green tea made by a japanese friend who grew up learning how to tradiontionaly make green tea with her mum through tea cerominies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing too