+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Soooo over it!

*STOP* telling me that I'm such a good little housewife because I do things for DP!

*STOP* telling us that DP *must* be the man in the relationship!

*STOP* implying that I am whipped because I don't mind driving to pick DP up from work when she finishes at stupid o'clock.

Does being lesbians mean our relationship is a free for all to comment on and make judgments about?

1) If I didn't want to wash her clothes or cook her meals I wouldn't.

2) We're lesbians. The point is, THERE IS NO MAN!

3) If I don't want to do something, I won't! But if me getting up at 5:30 means I can see DP before I go to work instead of having to wait another 12 hours, I'll take it. Once again, if I don't want to do it, I won't!

/vent.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (16-03-2012),Gandalf  (08-01-2012),Guest1234  (08-01-2012),MilkingMaid  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hugs forkie <3 guess only thing you can do is ignore them and be happy in your relationship as no one can undersand your relationship but you and dp x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know...just a petty vent. It happens every day and even my best friend (also a lesbian, who KNOWS how I feel about gender stereotypes) was harping on about me being a good little wifey today. Grrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Some people are just weird.

And i think even homosexuals are often heteronormative, since that's how we've all been brought up. If it doesn't fit in the box that i expect it to, then i'll try to force it to fit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely.

My friend told M she had "nice masculine legs" and "definitely looks like a butch lesbian".

M was p!!!!!ssssed.

And you've seen M, Gandalf. She is not masculine in any way except she's taller than me - ooooh SO manly!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs! How annoying.

My sister gets upset when people ask her "Who is the man in the relationship?"...she usually replies with a general definition of 'lesbian', and how there is NO man!

Thanks
    Reviews
    that's usually our standard.

Most people accept it. Some people go "you know what I mean!"

Errr...yes I do, but I think you're an idiot so I'm not going dignify you with a response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkie View Post
    And you've seen M, Gandalf. She is not masculine in any way except she's taller than me - ooooh SO manly!

I have to admit, when you guys first got into a relationship, H and i went through her albums and both kinda went 'yep, there's no way she's straight'
    so she looks like a lesbian (not that i know what they actually look like - but she had my gaydar lighting up but no not overly butch

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There is no man roles. Just stereotypes. It's like stay at home Dads being less as they aren't in paid employment.

Now, I know I'm going down in flames, but I have noticed with *some* lesbian couples one half takes on the more stereotypical husband role of work, home jobs etc and even takes on a certain air of masculinity. Maybe they are just pointing that out? Still not nice though, especially if they know you don't like it. Or maybe they are jealous that you are taking such good care of your partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah she has the 'vibe' - although I thought she was straight until she propositioned me!

But then, I constantly get asked why I haven't cut my hair yet like that qualifies me?