+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Spotting at 10 weeks?

Hi girls,

I've been fairly lucky to have little to no spotting in my pregnancy so far however today whenever I've gone to the bathroom I've wiped to find pinkish/light brown discharge.

I know it's not bright red so I shouldn't worry but of course I do! Has anyone had anything similar? I've also had some AF style cramping (nothing sharp) and a backache.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled for the first 16 weeks with ds pg. As much as bleeding can be common in pg I would still suggest you contact your hcp and maybe get a scan (but that's what I would do)

Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

BBoo  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled week 9 - 13 then nothing. Panicked at the time. Now at 21 weeks am often told, as they read through my notes, how common it is. The only thing to be mindful of is 'anti D shots' early on took as a precaution and have since found out are needed for baby's blood type. Hope that helps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bylumine For This Useful Post:

BBoo  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal! I had spotting (exactly what you're describing) at 7 weeks and then again at 9 weeks. The episode at 9 weeks lasted a whole week!

My Ob said as long as it's not bright red, has clots or there is painful cramping associated with it, then not to worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I rang my OBs rooms and they think it's nothing but still told me to pay a visit to them to be sure and check out what blood type I am I case me and bubs aren't compatible for any reason

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey...

had the same thing around 7 weeks, only very faint brown when i wiped...(tmi i know)...freaked out, jumped online and put it down to the uterus expanding and old blood/lining being discarded, that seemed the general notion...only happened a few times, nothing major....then stopped...=]...just dealing with the all day sickness now...=s

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbump For This Useful Post:

BBoo  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All is going well now, spotting stopped and cramps easing. OB brought us in for a scan to check the bleeding which only looks like placenta related and not bubs. We got to see him/her moving around and hear the heartbeat too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding which started at 11 weeks and seemed to stop just before 13 weeks. Was told not to worry. Baby is absolutely fine!